Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving Clocks? Video From The Sims France

HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
The Sims France has released a video for daylight savings time where they place a huge emphasis on the clock and it's moving hands. Sims Community has uploaded it their Youtube channel.

What do you think?
Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Maybe it is just about the latest patch and the fixed super speed when Sims sleep?
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Maybe it is just about the latest patch and the fixed super speed when Sims sleep?

I'm not quite sure. It was released by an official Sims website, so we know it's about something besides DSL if they show the clock off so much.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member

The tweet literally talks about daily savings, because we change time tomorrow.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I think that clock doesn't even look circular. Are all the objects that bad??? What the heck?
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    I think that clock doesn't even look circular. Are all the objects that bad??? What the heck?

Too hard, too expensive to make decent 3D models :)
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Ninoochat wrote: »

The tweet literally talks about daily savings, because we change time tomorrow.

Ah, right, I forgot about that lol
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Weird thing is the video draws attention to the fact that clock hands do not actually move in game...
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    edited March 2016
    It's probably edited. At one point she's sleeping at normal speed but the clock still moves really quickly.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    The static clocks is another thing that really bothers me to no end. Like seriously, what's the point in having clocks if they don't even move. Well yes, too hard, too expensive.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    There are two possibilities:
    1. They just did this for promotional purposes and that's really a bit sad I think. Having to use a feature that was normal in the past but not in game now.
    2. Moving clock hands will make their return and the whole community will feel happy and blessed and greatful (thank you thank you thank you to Maxis and the team!) over yet another feature we didn't think twice about in the older versions of the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    There are two possibilities:
    1. They just did this for promotional purposes and that's really a bit sad I think. Having to use a feature that was normal in the past but not in game now.
    2. Moving clock hands will make their return and the whole community will feel happy and blessed and greatful (thank you thank you thank you to Maxis and the team!) over yet another feature we didn't think twice about in the older versions of the game.

Lol, yes, exactly. It's beyond pathetic that the community is always so hyped and excited about basic stuff that should have been in the base game instead. It's pretty sad.