Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To those used to Sims 3 and/or 4...

SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
Is it hard to try and get back into the swing of things with Sims 2? I've tried to play it, and I'm used to the newer games, but I just can't for whatever reason.
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2016
    Sims 1 and 2 is like riding a bicycle for me. I just get straight back into it.

The only thing I find weird about both is the camera. It's very stiff in The Sims 2 and Sims 1 is Sims 1. Lol.
    Post edited by jackjack_k on
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    @jackjack_k MY biggest problem with the camera is that I can't use ctrl + keyboard buttons to rotate the camera. I don't like using the mouse to rotate!

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    There are keys to use for camera control in TS2. TS4 is the game that changed it way too much- imo.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Keyboard_Shortcuts
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    @Rflong7 To use the keyboard to rotate the camera, I'd need to let go of my mouse, or use my left hand. And there is NO WAY to change it.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    And? TS2 came first- to go back you have to change just like changing to go forward. Not to sound dismissive but don't most games have some different hotkeys?

The mouse with the middle scrolling wheel lets me move the view all over the place... I like games that have mouse control- I'm simple that way. :lol:
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I noticed I am suffering from the opposite. I've played nothing but ts2 since January and seem to have completely forgotten ts3 controls.
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    no i found it easy to get into. but ts4 was super easy to figure out controls