Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neverglade

So I just downloaded Neverglade and it's a beautiful town but there's no one living in it. I want to move in some of the already-made sims, but their funds aren't high enough for them to move into a majority of the houses. (especially the families with children) What can I do? Can I raise their funds? Will I just have to create loads of families and move them all in and use the motherlode cheat? :neutral:
Thanks.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2016
    There is another cheat that will allow you to move in any sim, at no cost. It is called FreeRealestate On
    Activate this cheat and then choose which sim or family you want to move in. If you do this from Edit Town Mode, then you should be able to move in all the sims you want without reactivating the cheat.
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > You could always use the freerealstate cheat before moving in families to the houses.

> @LaBlue0314 said:
    > There is another cheat that will allow you to move in any sim, at no cost. It is called FreeRealestate On
    > Activate this cheat and then choose which sim you want to move in. If you do this from Edit Town Mode, then you should be able to move in all the sims you want without reactivating the cheat.

Thank you both!
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I remember using Neverglade a long time ago - it's quite pretty. Post pictures once you've got your game going. :)
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    @Caelem: Just started a new game in Neverglade a couple of days ago. It's one of my favorite player-made towns. It's missing a few venues, but enough vacant lots or space for lots to git'er done.

@LaBlue0314 and @lisasc360: I had always resorted to using the familyfunds cheat in order to get imported Sims into houses (move them into anything they can afford as the active family, add money, go into Edit Town and evict them and put them into someplace nicer). Thanks for letting me know about the freerealestate cheat.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    It is a pretty town and I think I still have it hiding on my HD somewhere. I ran into problems trying to fit expansion pack content into it, though.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    It is a pretty town and I think I still have it hiding on my HD somewhere. I ran into problems trying to fit expansion pack content into it, though.

True. It was designed with just the base game in mind, so anything aside from vanilla venues needs to be added manually. But I've been decently successful at finding a place for the venues that I want or finding a place where an appropriately-sized lot can be added. About the only roadblock I've hit is that there is only one 64x64 lot and no place that I've found (yet) where another one will fit without bulldozing one or both of the mansions, so I've had to be very picky on which of the very large venues I place. I usually just go with placing Seasons' festival grounds and ignore the others.
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Does anyone have a link? Sounds like a beautiful town.
    @Okblondee7 if you go to the CAW forum section you should find it listed in the world index with a link to where it can be downloaded. I'd go dig it up for you but I'm too lazy at the moment.
    ok so I have placed quite a few families, and now I'm fed up. Is there a thing that enables the game to automatically move sims in itself in vacant homes over time?
    @Caelem yes, the game's story progression will move Sims in. It will also randomly move them out. A lot of us use NRaas Story Progression so we have more control over things and it has various settings for getting Sims moved into town. It has many settings and is extremely customizable and will even create Sims from groups you have saved to the Library if you wish.
    [quote="BSIRegina;14685754"]@Caelem yes, the game's story progression will move Sims in. It will also randomly move them out. A lot of us use NRaas Story Progression so we have more control over things and it has various settings for getting Sims moved into town. It has many settings and is extremely customizable and will even create Sims from groups you have saved to the Library if you wish.[/quote

Thanks, also, I have loads I mean loads of houses to be filled. Will they be filled like most of them and how long would it take?
    It depends. If NRaas SP is left to its own devices it will fill them over time, usually one family per day I think. There's a setting that can rush-fill a though. I'd suggest not filling all of the houses because this leaves vacancies for Townies to move to when their situations change, like a child grows up and marries and wants a home of their own or if a family just wants to move because they can afford an upgrade. Of course all these settings are optional and if you don't want Townies moving on their own it can be disallowed as well. SP is a pretty daunting mod, I find it best to start it and slowly tweak settings as I go and as things happen along the way I don't like change the settings aptly then use Master Controller to fix things. Oh, it's also helpful to know that as you go, settings can be exported so if you decide you don't like a new setting but can't remember how to reset it you can revert to a previous setting, then of course import the settings you do like into other towns so you don't have to set the whole thing up all over again.
    @Okblondee7: Here's the link to the Exchange version (http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2507660). It's unpopulated and pure vanilla features. I use SP to populate it, but if you just google "Neverglade", you'll find a few links to populated saved games.
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited March 2016
    @marstinson, thank you so very much! I really appreciate you! :)

ETA: @BSIRegina, thank you, as well! I wouldn't have thought of that. :)
    Post edited by Okblondee7 on
    @Okblondee7: not a problem. Pyronium3 must do interior design (or something related) as a real job. It's an absolutely gorgeous piece of work. I hope you enjoy it.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had Neverglade installed and the version I had was just empty lots which would be fine for me since I expect to be building on the lots myself.I wished I could find that version and reinstall it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    [quote="BSIRegina;14686056"]It depends. If NRaas SP is left to its own devices it will fill them over time, usually one family per day I think. There's a setting that can rush-fill a though. I'd suggest not filling all of the houses because this leaves vacancies for Townies to move to when their situations change, like a child grows up and marries and wants a home of their own or if a family just wants to move because they can afford an upgrade. Of course all these settings are optional and if you don't want Townies moving on their own it can be disallowed as well. SP is a pretty daunting mod, I find it best to start it and slowly tweak settings as I go and as things happen along the way I don't like change the settings aptly then use Master Controller to fix things. Oh, it's also helpful to know that as you go, settings can be exported so if you decide you don't like a new setting but can't remember how to reset it you can revert to a previous setting, then of course import the settings you do like into other towns so you don't have to set the whole thing up all over again.[/quote]

I'd really like to get that mod, yet I'm so confused on how to get them! With the different files, packages and resources, I have no clue
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    NRaas has some FAQs and other stuff to read on their site to get you started. It might all seem a bit overwhelming at first but if you need help figuring out what you need or how to do something, they are very friendly and helpful.
    Firby nurbs!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2016
    If you're not ready for the mod route, just put in 7-10 families and make sure they get jobs. The game's career system will generate co-workers for them. If you include kids in any of the families you place, you will also get one or more families with kids moving in so that the kid(s) will have classmates. With the career system plus story progression, It really doesn't take that long to get a decent number of sims living in your town.

If you're very impatient though, then your only recourse is to use mods. I've used the NRASS Story Progression Rapid immigration options before and they work like a charm.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!