Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I Just Got Sims 2,Where Do I Start :P

2...Next

Comments

• Imagamerkitty12Imagamerkitty12 Posts: 111 Member
    Thanks for all the Ideas Guys :) I'm Going to try all of your Suggestions!
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited April 2016
    Oh, but that could kind of be fun too, because you could see if they either eventually work to become friends, or wind up trying to kill each other, couldn't you?

To me, "could" is not the same as "would like". I feel sorry for Lilith and would like to allow her a better life away from her family. In fact, I like making her move to college as first thing in the morning when playing the family for the first time after starting over with Pleasantview. When playing the family for the first time, Lilith goes downstairs with Angela right behind her, and Angela's next action is slapping Lilith. Angela can be fooled by having Lilith call college on the phone to move to college right away. Her boyfriend Dirk Dreamer might go to college, too, and move in with Lilith.

Even though Angela stays either somewhere else at campus or at home, Lilith might still call her on the phone or invite her over. If both Lilith and Angela goes to college, Angela might even pass by Lilith's household from time to time.

Maybe I am just too much Dane when using college as a kind of social precaution, too.

I even tend to upgrade dorms much before using them and usually move up to eight playable sims into them.
    With Bon Voyage, non-playable teenage sims from vacation destinations might be sent to college, too, to make their gestures and dances parts of the culture at campus for the students to take to the neighborhood after graduation. Some dances like hula and slap dance as well as gestures like hang loose, bow or chest pound are spreading pretty fast around campus.

Edit on April 11: For instance, after moving Stephan Benson from Twikkii Island to the Shifting Paradymes household at La Fiesta Tech college and graduated him, I have no idea how e.g. cheer leaders, llama mascots and other students learnt hula and spread it to dorms and greek houses around campus. At the same period of time, Stephan Benson learnt Cheat Pound probably from Juan Harris or Gordon Nott who were sent to college, too. Now I have a feeling that hula is probably danced more at La Fiesta Tech than on Twikkii Island. :) An issue is the fact that once the cheer leaders, llama mascots and professors at campus learn the dances and gestures, those dances and gestures are taught at campus forever.
    Unfortunately, they can not move back to their vacation destination.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Ah, well, yes, being slapped first thing in the morning is not a pleasant experience, lol. I can see now why you want to separate them.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @SataiDelennn
    Townies randomly walk by the lot you are playing every hour (twice if you have Apartments installed).
    Unfortunately if you don't interact with some of them (who could be in a bad mood?) they can kick the dustbin for that reason - so no way do I let my Sims become friends if I catch who it was! :)
    If it is because a Sim is furious with one of your Sims, the best idea is to apologise loads of times, play all the neighbours in the neighbourhood and by the time you return to play your family, hopefully both Sims have 'simmered' down.
    If you had Freetime installed, Romance Sims can use 'sweet talk' and all is forgiven. :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2016
    I wish I could prove they are still giving it out

I don't get why it's still being given to some and not Others

I am being told its not possible to get a copy now and its no longer supported!

I am even spoke to the boss of some of these customer service people with the link to a thread!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I think if you are learning to play it is best to play with a single Sim until you get the hang of looking after them. :)
    As KatNipples suggests Don Lothario in Pleasantview is a good shout - he has the Romance Aspiration and I usually give him the Popular Secondary Aspiration as he gets along with most residents. Downside though - too many ladies he ends up cheating on - and you have to train him to flush the toilet - in fact encourage to use the toilet as it is not uncommon for him to relieve his bladder in the bath or shower. :(
    What I do love about Don is that even when he is furious with another Sim, he may steal the newspaper but he never kicks the dustbin. o:)

hahaha it wasn't so long ago when I first started to play sims 2 and played Don for a while it was hilarious but I had to fence the bin off in the end as it was never upright :)
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I would start with a Single Sim, let them get a job, visit community lots, use the Matchmaker to get a date (phone/services iirc), make some friends, earn some skills, and then maybe find a partner... get used to playing 2 Sims for a little while before adding a baby. :)

Work on a house... it's fun, too.

I completely agree and don't you wish I had been that sensible in the early days instead of trying to run before I could walk having to constantly ask questions :)
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    I completely agree and don't you wish I had been that sensible in the early days instead of trying to run before I could walk having to constantly ask questions :)

Hahahaha, I'm much like you. I tend to try and skip the basics and go straight to advanced, then wonder why things aren't working. Yep.... lol

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SataiDelennn

lol I always do it with things like this and have no idea why, I often discover things for the first time that other people rated as the in thing some time ago but I still enjoy it and learn to appreciate the longer something has been out the more reviews, opinions and information are out there to be of benefit :)