September 13 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
September 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Take a look at what changed on here!

How to Improve Gallery Pictures

12346...Next

Comments

• anonymous3kanonymous3k Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2018
    An option to edit
    Post edited by anonymous3k on
  • AphoticLeeAphoticLee Posts: 1,057 Member
    I'd like a way to take my own showcase photo. Sometimes the angles of the auto loaded photo doesn't present the build the way you wanted. Example a lot might load with the side of the house being focused bot the front of the property.

• everyfan3417everyfan3417 Posts: 8 New Member
    I see this is a dead thread, but I really hope they add more of a Sims 2 (not 3) style Story Album - being able to store screenshots in an album for each family and each Neighborhood (I think per each family and each save game in TS4 would be more appropriate) with descriptive text. This feature was also in The Sims 1, because it was a great way to keep track of the stories you would create with your Sims. Who married who, who's kids got into what trouble. Being able to record these things, to me, added a lot to the Gameplay. I *guess* you could do that with the "Bio" feature in TS4, but it's just not as good for that purpose as the Albums. The current screenshot system doesn't work for this purpose, because it's global for all save games, and you can't change the order of pictures.

Honestly, ever since the toddlers update, The Sims 4 has gotten better and better. This one missing feature is really the one thing that still bugs me about it.
  • GildedDiscourseGildedDiscourse Posts: 60 Member
    I completely agree with this concept. Its incredibly frustrating to spend so much time and effort on making your build absolutely perfect only for the gallery images to make it look utterly terrible. I know there are some amazing simmers out there who seem to make their builds look fantastic no matter what. They know all the tricks I suppose. But most of us just want to build great lots and don't know the sneaky hacks to make the gallery presentation more eye catching. I know I try. But theres always something screwing it up somewhere. Doesn't help that distance from the build seems to change randomly for no reason and without control. And outside objects often get in the way, again without control. Being able to take our own images would be a HUGE advantage. Especially for us newer builders or ones who just don't really know all the specifics of gallery presentation mechanics. It woud, in my opinion, help broaden exposure for underappreciated or unknown simmers as well, giving their creations a higher chance to be seen and enjoyed. And I think that set of fairplay is something we should always strive for in this game and community.
    rBjvmwv.jpg
  • EldircoraEldircora Posts: 31 Member
    My biggest issue with posting builds to the gallery is that most of the lots are not facing the sunrise, meaning they are not properly lit for screenshots and I have noticed that most popular builds are usually lit from the front of the house and thanks to that they recieve the best colouring. So I guess my idea of solution to that would be separating lighting that occurs during taking screenshots by the gallery from the lighting that already exists on specific lot.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,684 Member
    I'm still waiting for the option to take pics from inside houses and community buildings so we can tell much better with what the indoors looks like.

• PocketSizePocketSize Posts: 1 New Member
    Still waiting on the options to use our own picture for the gallery. :)
  • DreamraiderDreamraider Posts: 2 New Member
    It took me three hours to figure out that Sims 4 doesn't have the ability to freely give you the option to use gallery photos that are taken. My question is why? When are they going to get it together and allow this just like it was done in TS3??
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,621 Member
    I have to check out a lot by "Saving" first before I build at all so that I put the house the right way round. One of the unbuilt lots in Island Living looks like the wrong way round to me. I want to show what the frontage onto the sea looks like rather than the back view.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 3,247 Member
    For me the big things are:

Always full daylight on the main shots regardless of time lot is saved
    One exterior night shot
    Remove obstacles covering the shot (aka remove everything not on the lot, at least, from the picture)
    Select 1 of 4 possible angles manually to further avoid objects hiding the important parts of the build
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 354 Member
    100% Agree. I tried to use a Mod for that today and my Lot was listed as having CC which made me sad and no one downloaded. Within seconds of changing to the stock shots and removing the CC Icon, the downloads started.

Mine were gooder though.