Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS ONLINE IS BACK!

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Ergh... :-1: funny vid but that's something I don't want to play! Not even for an experiment.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    Wait what when did this happen :o
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    TS1 :love: Thank you for this information!
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Ergh... :-1: funny vid but that's something I don't want to play! Not even for an experiment.

Wait a sec... do you have to play with other players? Or do you just have access to play TS1 online? :confused:
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow seriously it's back.. that's so retro might have to try it..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    That was funny but I wouldn't play that XD. It's so old and I gave up on chat sites with avatars like IMVU years ago
  • fruitchew87fruitchew87 Posts: 114 Member

Wait a sec... do you have to play with other players? Or do you just have access to play TS1 online? :confused:

Currently, FreeSO does not have any designated servers. There are tester-made servers for others to play together, but the game is definitely still in Alpha phase. I test/play this game without playing with others, but eventually, it will run on a designated server. Even while playing offline, however, the game isn't exactly like TS1. It is an in-progress replica of TSO, which plays in a totally different way.

This project is for those who want to play The Sims Online again, or try it out because they never got the chance. It won't be for everyone...especially around these forums, where the hate for multi-player game play reaches the outer limits of the universe.

But, if you're interested in testing the project, like I currently am, there is a link to the forum in my signature.
    Visit my YouTube channel for my Let's Plays and Build videos <3

FreeSO, it's happening.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

I think you have to play with other players.
    1FKDfKj.png

Currently, FreeSO does not have any designated servers. There are tester-made servers for others to play together, but the game is definitely still in Alpha phase. I test/play this game without playing with others, but eventually, it will run on a designated server. Even while playing offline, however, the game isn't exactly like TS1. It is an in-progress replica of TSO, which plays in a totally different way.

This project is for those who want to play The Sims Online again, or try it out because they never got the chance. It won't be for everyone...especially around these forums, where the hate for multi-player game play reaches the outer limits of the universe.

But, if you're interested in testing the project, like I currently am, there is a link to the forum in my signature.

Thank you for that information.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    KPop is really funny.. thanks @fruitchew87
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I always wanted to see what the sims online looked like! :)
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    Shouldn't this be in the form on other Sims games. I don't see what this has to do with the Sim's 4. @SimStaffBethelle
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Looking at that face. He kind of looks like the the actor Nicolas Cage. :D

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited March 2016
    Uh what? Is this a joke? Because I see a thumbnail with Nicolas cage so I'm already positive @Colton147147 hacked your account and made a troll thread.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I have seen the actor Nicolas Cage make that same face in a movie before. That's why I had said that he looks sort of like the actor. :)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Ok, call me creepy but for years I've been having dreams of getting back on TSO and there still being a way to, and in my dreams it's a lot like this....are my dreams coming true in a sense...w-what exactly is this?!!
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Uh what? Is this a joke? Because I see a thumbnail with Nicolas cage so I'm already positive @Colton147147 hacked your account and made a troll thread.

Nope. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
  • BunnDaleBunnDale Posts: 165 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I LOVED the sims online. I was only 12 at the time but it was super cool! My parents refused to spend their real money on "simoleons" so I lived the poor life online. Come to think of it, thank god I don't have access to this game now that I'm an adult I would probably go a little loco and spend an ungodly amount of money on simoleons
  • FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    I have been waiting for years for someone to access the files and bring TSO back from it's sad death in 2008. I played for almost four years and loved it (up until EA took over). I think it failed for many because it was pay to play ($10 per month), and you could only have a single sim in three different cities (if my memory serves me right). EA was slow to update the game, fix bugs, and I remember we waited almost a year for a single update (not including bug fixes). I clearly remember during this time of complete silence on updates (cough), on April first the community rep kindled the anger even more when EA thought it was funny to post a preview of an update to come. It happened to fall on on around April first - but many were excited for anything...and we were up for a hugeee let down when we got nothing. Sigh.

Back then, I played in the incredibly buggy city of Betaville with four sims, and I was crazy enough to have 3 accounts all running different instances at one time. I have many fond memories of the game, and one of my favorites of which was the waitress career track. It was an active career that you played alongside fellow players to wait on tables (NPC sim), take orders and make sure to get their food to them in a timely manner. NPC sim customers were especially cranky and impatient, and if you took too long they would get angry and take off. Good lord, if you picked up the wrong dishes meant for another players tables, the sims would have an absolute fit. Don't even get me started on the NPC dishwasher/busser. Good times!
    akddFdd.gif
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I never got the chance to actually play it. I think I remember seeing an AD for the Sims Online when making magic was out or maybe it was TS2 ( i don't really remember which) but I never paid too much attention to it. By the time I thought about actually checking it out I'd found out that the site was shut down.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Never been interested in TSO, really.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    TSO was one of the major flops in the sims franchise.
    How can we get the game to try it?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I am very tempted.... but.... hmmmmmmm.....

tumblr_inline_nrekclpulz1qdozhv_500.gif

Nah I'l try it!!! Nic Cage be my homeboi!!
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Wow it's back, I always hear how this game went down in flames. I didn't know much about this game but hearing it was as online was enough to put me off, just not into the online/play with others games.
    giphy.gif