Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the sims 4 get boring after awhile?

Comments

• BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Okay so some people don't get the reason others don't like sims 3 so I'll list my reasons.

Weak emotion system
    I never really liked feelings in sims 3 since they always felt a bit weak. It nevet felt that actions were consequential. If my sim loses her child shes uncomfortable, she gets hungry now shes uncomfortable and then she gets in a fight and is now uncomfortable. It didnt really feel like anything matterd and made the sims feel even more robotic.

Groundhog Day syndrome
    Cause emotions had no real varients nothing ever really changed. Every day just felt the same nothing ever made any difference to my sim. They wake get breakfast go to work have dinner then sleep and this just went on only stopping on the weekends (which I'll adress). Nothing ever broke this so every day its the same, day in day out and you could try and change it with a holiday but you'd just have the same problem all over again. I like how emotions break the cycle and give something new to a day. In sims 2 you had micro tasks (like shopping) to add something to work towards and even though sims 3 tried with laundry it didn't matter since you would be fine without it.

No Reason to Leave
    The last would be the worst which was I never had a reason to leave the house. Open world was great but there wasnt much going to really explore. Nearly all of the base game lots were rabbit holes which gave no new gameplay and would just be me looking at a screen for ages. You could try and fix this with store content but alot of it was buggy and overpriced. Again there were a few things to do (festivals, swimming in the ocean) but you couldn't do it every weekend without it getting boring.

This is how I see it though so I'm not stating fact here.
    Are you serious :D Some people don't get the reason? People have been 'explaining' that a zillion times by now, you just added some here (repeating yourself for the zillionth time but that's ok). I read your reasons, doesn't mean I get them. But that's probably because the last time I played 'basegame' is six years ago. My sims have many reasons to leave their houses and it's not the store that brought it. And emotions have a lot of consequences and variety in Sims 3, so no Groundhog Day. Even when I restart a game to replay a party (I did when I created a video) it turns out they do completely different things every time. And when a sim in 3 gets in a fight you bet there are consequences. It's not like 'so, now that I have that out of my system let's chat and smile and kiss a little'. Not even the next day. Not even the day after the next day. You won't convince experienced Sims 3 players by giving reasons based on lack of experience. Also..., isn't this topic about Sims 4..? Could have sworn.

Umm ok, good for you
    Someone actually asked why and I replied with a new comment you either don't understand the idea of an opinion, get angry when you see one you don't agree with or forgot how forums worked. I don't like sims 3 and I explained why, calm down a bit there bud ;).
    Missed the question cause it wasn't in your post. My counterpoints - ignored by you and not opinial but factual - stand though. Dislike Sims 3 all you like but don't expect people to 'get it' by presenting disputable 'opinions' (those are not opinions, you are listing a few 'facts' that aren't fact) based on lack of experience. Your points are rather describing Sims 4 than Sims 3 funny enough. As says @Mstybl95

edit: ah, the question was asked in december. I didn't miss it, the topic had moved on for too long to link it to your post.

Um wow, just wow
    Lemme just throw this in from my original comment.

You know what one more time to let it sink in.

You obviously just don't care about what was said as long as you can comment something and cross your fingers that people don't think about reading what ACTUALLY was said. Its a forum I write what I want even if the comments old I don't care like how you don't care about double checking things. If you want to see it like I'm writing facts fine knock yourself out but I said I wasn't because I know that not everyone feels the same way. But hey none of this is my business since I'm not the one going around ripping comments apart for not lining up with my own opinion.

P. S You say lack of experience but I played 3 since 2010 and bought all the ep's and most sp's. I liked it at the time and put up with those issues which was a mistake in hindsight.
    First, in general, I see a lot of reactions that go like "hey, just stating my opinions here". Like that's some kind of magic spell that forbids others to disagree with that opinion and express it. The thing is, stating an opinion isn't a magic spell, it's an opinion. And opinions have the option to be disagreed with, accompanied by an argument why people disgree. Especially on a forum you see this a lot.

Second, your opinions on this matter, to summarize them: 1. concerning emotions actions never feel consequental, 2. every day feels the same because nothing ever makes a difference fo your sim and 3. you never had a reason to leave the house because all the basegame lots were rabbitholes and the only way to fix this was overpriced store content.
    1. When my sims quarrel or break up this has consequences. Romantic actions won't be possible after a fight (to some degree your sim can fix the relationship by apologizing but that doesn't mean the other sim will agree to get romantic immediately, they need some time). When they are hungry they are uncomfortable till they eat (same in 4, don't see the problem), when something's smelly in the kitchen they are uncomfortable (not in Sims 4), when they broke up with someone your sim will notice the consequences for a couple of days (other sim stays mad, unless they have commitment issues, then they couldn't care less), when they cheat your sim will get slapped all over the place everywhere he goes till he suggests to just be friends. Then the slapping stops, the other sim will continue to be mad for a couple of days. Those are the facts, not opinion. I tested this in Sims 4 yesterday by making Mortimer being rude to Bella. First I immediately tried romantic interactions: didn't work, Bella was mad at him and refused. Then I made him apologize and cheer her up and the next minute they were off for some woohoo upstairs. Then I tried something different. I didn't make him apologize and sent them to bed. Bella was stomping to the bedroom, all angry, and climbed into bed right next to him. Unthinkable in Sims 3 (and 2 for that matter, sorry mate, that couch is good enough for you tonight). The next morning they woke up. He had to pee like a champ and she was starving. No apologies were made, didn't matter. They were blowing kisses at each other as if nothing happened and the next minute they were woohooing. Another issue for me in this respect by the way, is that Bella was angry with everybody she bumped into. A Sims 3 (and 2) sim will only be mad at the sim who made them mad.
    2. When you replay a sims day in 3 (done that numerous times because of some glitch or because I wanted a baby to turn out with a different look or because I wanted to make a party video and somehow the videos had glitched on me so I had to do it again) that day will go entirely different. They will do completely different things. Like in the party video: the first time they were all dancing, the second time they were all socializing and one played pool and the third time they were all having drinks at the bar. When I do this during gameplay it means I can relive a day and completely different stuff happens. A sim day will also go differently when my sim made someone jealous. When he enters the park and the woman in question is there, there will be fighting. When he's friends with everyone there will be waving and sims wanting to have friendly conversations with him. And everything in between. I am curious by the way, how is Sims 4 not Groundhog Day? What variety is there when I send them to a party or the park?
    3. First let's talk basegame: a lot of the lots in there were rabbitholes (restaurant, bookstore, grocery). Was there a restaurant, a bookstore or a grocery in Sims 4? Then there were the city hall, the school and career buildings. How open were they in Sims 4 basegame? Of course Sims 4 basegame had an open gym, a library, a park, a museum and a bar. Guess what, so did Sims 3 except for the bar. Sims 3 had a beach though. That's basegame. Then the EP's came, adding all kind of open venues for your sims to go to. I've played entire sims lifes without having to go to many rh at all. Open careers, making money in other ways (collecting, being a magician or an acrobat, being a painter selling paintings in the - open - consignment store, being an inventer, adventuring in the three WA worlds etc etc. On top of that you can create your own places to go to in Sims 3. Like a mall (using, indeed, store stuff but also EP material).

To be clear, all this doesn't mean I expect you to like Sims 3 and it most certainly doesn't mean I expect you to dislike Sims 4. But I did list facts here, not opinions. And those facts refute your opinions. To be clear, they don't refute the fact you didn't like the game. They do refute the reasons you gave though.

I never liked ts3 because they didnt have personalities/show feelings. Were robotoic acting.the game just didnt feel or look right to me. of course you can argue that that isnt true but its a subjective value. I feel that everytime someone dislikes sims 3 they have to justify their feelings on here.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Simtart wrote: »
    I think boredom comes with playing videogames period. I find, and have always found, the sims games fun. From 1 to 4, and even the sims medieval. I even found Spore to be fun and I've heard alot of people hated it. It boils down to....you. You are in control of whether something is fun or not. You are in charge of your own fun. I think there is plenty to do in the sims 4, lots of different stories and challenges you can partake in if you so desire. I mean, why not make 6 or 8 sims, each with conflicting traits, and let them make their own decisions?

The not so open world doesn't bother me either. Even with the loading screens. And I play tons of open world games. TS4 just seems more alive than TS3 did, at least for me. While I was playing TS3, sure I could go anywhere I wanted without any loading screens or anything, but when I got there, most of the time the only sims that were there with me....was me and whomever I brought. Maybe the bartender as well, depending on the venue. I go to a club or a bar on TS4, and most of the time...other sims are going to start popping up. Ordering drinks, dancing, talking....living. I do realize most of the complaints about boredom and stuff are before the packs and updates but even back then, I played it until I had to get rid of my laptop at the time. I've only just recently gotten back into the Sims 4, after I purchased another laptop, and I am having a blast! I am also the type that can have fun with a stick, a can, and small bag of dirt.....

The community lots are usually bubbling with activity after a couple minutes of your sims arrival in sims 4. I love that detail and parties and such are so much more fun.

Fun is definitely a psychological thing because there is so much to do and Ts4 is infinitely more interesting for me personally than ts3 ever was.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Okay so some people don't get the reason others don't like sims 3 so I'll list my reasons.

Weak emotion system
    I never really liked feelings in sims 3 since they always felt a bit weak. It nevet felt that actions were consequential. If my sim loses her child shes uncomfortable, she gets hungry now shes uncomfortable and then she gets in a fight and is now uncomfortable. It didnt really feel like anything matterd and made the sims feel even more robotic.

Groundhog Day syndrome
    Cause emotions had no real varients nothing ever really changed. Every day just felt the same nothing ever made any difference to my sim. They wake get breakfast go to work have dinner then sleep and this just went on only stopping on the weekends (which I'll adress). Nothing ever broke this so every day its the same, day in day out and you could try and change it with a holiday but you'd just have the same problem all over again. I like how emotions break the cycle and give something new to a day. In sims 2 you had micro tasks (like shopping) to add something to work towards and even though sims 3 tried with laundry it didn't matter since you would be fine without it.

No Reason to Leave
    The last would be the worst which was I never had a reason to leave the house. Open world was great but there wasnt much going to really explore. Nearly all of the base game lots were rabbit holes which gave no new gameplay and would just be me looking at a screen for ages. You could try and fix this with store content but alot of it was buggy and overpriced. Again there were a few things to do (festivals, swimming in the ocean) but you couldn't do it every weekend without it getting boring.

Are you serious :D Some people don't get the reason? People have been 'explaining' that a zillion times by now, you just added some here (repeating yourself for the zillionth time but that's ok). I read your reasons, doesn't mean I get them. But that's probably because the last time I played 'basegame' is six years ago. My sims have many reasons to leave their houses and it's not the store that brought it. And emotions have a lot of consequences and variety in Sims 3, so no Groundhog Day. Even when I restart a game to replay a party (I did when I created a video) it turns out they do completely different things every time. And when a sim in 3 gets in a fight you bet there are consequences. It's not like 'so, now that I have that out of my system let's chat and smile and kiss a little'. Not even the next day. Not even the day after the next day. You won't convince experienced Sims 3 players by giving reasons based on lack of experience. Also..., isn't this topic about Sims 4..? Could have sworn.

Umm ok, good for you
    Someone actually asked why and I replied with a new comment you either don't understand the idea of an opinion, get angry when you see one you don't agree with or forgot how forums worked. I don't like sims 3 and I explained why, calm down a bit there bud ;).
    Missed the question cause it wasn't in your post. My counterpoints - ignored by you and not opinial but factual - stand though. Dislike Sims 3 all you like but don't expect people to 'get it' by presenting disputable 'opinions' (those are not opinions, you are listing a few 'facts' that aren't fact) based on lack of experience. Your points are rather describing Sims 4 than Sims 3 funny enough. As says @Mstybl95

edit: ah, the question was asked in december. I didn't miss it, the topic had moved on for too long to link it to your post.

Um wow, just wow

You obviously just don't care about what was said as long as you can comment something and cross your fingers that people don't think about reading what ACTUALLY was said. Its a forum I write what I want even if the comments old I don't care like how you don't care about double checking things. If you want to see it like I'm writing facts fine knock yourself out but I said I wasn't because I know that not everyone feels the same way. But hey none of this is my business since I'm not the one going around ripping comments apart for not lining up with my own opinion.

P. S You say lack of experience but I played 3 since 2010 and bought all the ep's and most sp's. I liked it at the time and put up with those issues which was a mistake in hindsight.
    First, in general, I see a lot of reactions that go like "hey, just stating my opinions here". Like that's some kind of magic spell that forbids others to disagree with that opinion and express it. The thing is, stating an opinion isn't a magic spell, it's an opinion. And opinions have the option to be disagreed with, accompanied by an argument why people disgree. Especially on a forum you see this a lot.

Second, your opinions on this matter, to summarize them: 1. concerning emotions actions never feel consequental, 2. every day feels the same because nothing ever makes a difference fo your sim and 3. you never had a reason to leave the house because all the basegame lots were rabbitholes and the only way to fix this was overpriced store content.
    1. When my sims quarrel or break up this has consequences. Romantic actions won't be possible after a fight (to some degree your sim can fix the relationship by apologizing but that doesn't mean the other sim will agree to get romantic immediately, they need some time). When they are hungry they are uncomfortable till they eat (same in 4, don't see the problem), when something's smelly in the kitchen they are uncomfortable (not in Sims 4), when they broke up with someone your sim will notice the consequences for a couple of days (other sim stays mad, unless they have commitment issues, then they couldn't care less), when they cheat your sim will get slapped all over the place everywhere he goes till he suggests to just be friends. Then the slapping stops, the other sim will continue to be mad for a couple of days. Those are the facts, not opinion. I tested this in Sims 4 yesterday by making Mortimer being rude to Bella. First I immediately tried romantic interactions: didn't work, Bella was mad at him and refused. Then I made him apologize and cheer her up and the next minute they were off for some woohoo upstairs. Then I tried something different. I didn't make him apologize and sent them to bed. Bella was stomping to the bedroom, all angry, and climbed into bed right next to him. Unthinkable in Sims 3 (and 2 for that matter, sorry mate, that couch is good enough for you tonight). The next morning they woke up. He had to pee like a champ and she was starving. No apologies were made, didn't matter. They were blowing kisses at each other as if nothing happened and the next minute they were woohooing. Another issue for me in this respect by the way, is that Bella was angry with everybody she bumped into. A Sims 3 (and 2) sim will only be mad at the sim who made them mad.
    2. When you replay a sims day in 3 (done that numerous times because of some glitch or because I wanted a baby to turn out with a different look or because I wanted to make a party video and somehow the videos had glitched on me so I had to do it again) that day will go entirely different. They will do completely different things. Like in the party video: the first time they were all dancing, the second time they were all socializing and one played pool and the third time they were all having drinks at the bar. When I do this during gameplay it means I can relive a day and completely different stuff happens. A sim day will also go differently when my sim made someone jealous. When he enters the park and the woman in question is there, there will be fighting. When he's friends with everyone there will be waving and sims wanting to have friendly conversations with him. And everything in between. I am curious by the way, how is Sims 4 not Groundhog Day? What variety is there when I send them to a party or the park?
    3. First let's talk basegame: a lot of the lots in there were rabbitholes (restaurant, bookstore, grocery). Was there a restaurant, a bookstore or a grocery in Sims 4? Then there were the city hall, the school and career buildings. How open were they in Sims 4 basegame? Of course Sims 4 basegame had an open gym, a library, a park, a museum and a bar. Guess what, so did Sims 3 except for the bar. Sims 3 had a beach though. That's basegame. Then the EP's came, adding all kind of open venues for your sims to go to. I've played entire sims lifes without having to go to many rh at all. Open careers, making money in other ways (collecting, being a magician or an acrobat, being a painter selling paintings in the - open - consignment store, being an inventer, adventuring in the three WA worlds etc etc. On top of that you can create your own places to go to in Sims 3. Like a mall (using, indeed, store stuff but also EP material).

To be clear, all this doesn't mean I expect you to like Sims 3 and it most certainly doesn't mean I expect you to dislike Sims 4. But I did list facts here, not opinions. And those facts refute your opinions. To be clear, they don't refute the fact you didn't like the game. They do refute the reasons you gave though.

I never liked ts3 because they didnt have personalities/show feelings. Were robotoic acting.the game just didnt feel or look right to me. of course you can argue that that isnt true but its a subjective value. I feel that everytime someone dislikes sims 3 they have to justify their feelings on here.
    In some aspects a game that is newer than the last game should have better qualities than the last and in some areas Sims 4 does and in other areas it does not. Both games have some entertaining qualities, some like Sims 4 and some like Sims 3 and some like both. However, Sims 4 is missing a lot of features that for me made Sims 3 more enjoyable and it subjective.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I think boredom comes with playing videogames period. I find, and have always found, the sims games fun. From 1 to 4, and even the sims medieval. I even found Spore to be fun and I've heard alot of people hated it. It boils down to....you. You are in control of whether something is fun or not. You are in charge of your own fun. I think there is plenty to do in the sims 4, lots of different stories and challenges you can partake in if you so desire. I mean, why not make 6 or 8 sims, each with conflicting traits, and let them make their own decisions?

The not so open world doesn't bother me either. Even with the loading screens. And I play tons of open world games. TS4 just seems more alive than TS3 did, at least for me. While I was playing TS3, sure I could go anywhere I wanted without any loading screens or anything, but when I got there, most of the time the only sims that were there with me....was me and whomever I brought. Maybe the bartender as well, depending on the venue. I go to a club or a bar on TS4, and most of the time...other sims are going to start popping up. Ordering drinks, dancing, talking....living. I do realize most of the complaints about boredom and stuff are before the packs and updates but even back then, I played it until I had to get rid of my laptop at the time. I've only just recently gotten back into the Sims 4, after I purchased another laptop, and I am having a blast! I am also the type that can have fun with a stick, a can, and small bag of dirt.....

The community lots are usually bubbling with activity after a couple minutes of your sims arrival in sims 4. I love that detail and parties and such are so much more fun.

Fun is definitely a psychological thing because there is so much to do and Ts4 is infinitely more interesting for me personally than ts3 ever was.

TS4 community lots that are filled with sims in the background is a huge illusion. Great if you never play with or talk to those sims, but not if you do. I constantly see my other sims who should be at work or school showing up everywhere. Nevermind that they are all stalkers and show up at all the rest of the places you might afterward. Also...Why is my Queen of Windenburg roaming around the poor neighborhood of Willow Creek? Stuff like that pulls my imagination right out of the game.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    For me I started to notice being bored because it becomes the same old same old. Nothing really ever happens and if it does my sims never really respond let alone remember it. Non of the games are perfect and I play every single one of them. However, I keep going back to TS2&3 because I miss unpredicted gameplay.

Sims dying suddenly and so many sims are actually heartbroken for a long time, sims being mad or even enemies that when they see eachother they want to fight because they hate them so much. Yes, Sims 4 is pretty and I love that I can customize my sims. Looking pretty alone however doesn't cut it for me. A pretty shell is still a shell. Decor at most.

Toddlers being back added some more gameplay and sometimes things happen that change plans. That kind of gameplay we need more of. Having a routine in the Sims gets so boring so when something happens you didn't predict is fun, it's entertaining and it makes you think "how do I solve this" or maybe you let it roll out and see what happens. There isn't much of that in TS4 and that is what bothers me.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member

We are going to be good friends.
    jr73Y.gif

• DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    edited February 2017

I've never seen more than a handful of sims (4-5 not counting sims that are just walking by) anywhere in the world in TS4. The venues in TS4 are just as dead, and at times even more so, then they were in TS3. It wasn't until I started using MCCommand Center and raised the max # of sims in zone from 20 to 100 that I started seeing actual crowds in venues.

I tend to find it hard to believe people find more things to do in TS4 too. I mean seriously there is barely anything still to this day to do in TS4. The number of skill objects and even the number of skills themselves is barely a fraction of what there was to do in TS3. That's a big part of the reason I always get bored of TS4 so quickly, you just run out of things to do. I never had that issue in TS3.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I wish there was more balance on the careers.

Look at all the caps on song writing as an example. You can only write a song at level 8 on your instrument, it takes almost all day, and then I think you can only publish it at 9 or 10. And you can only license one song per instrument.
    Meanwhile, the writer can start churning out books from the beginning...and as many as you can put out.
    And then there's painting...why bother with the low paying, high grind of other careers. By the time you're making any money from a career other than painting, your sim is almost an elder.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    DecafHigh wrote: »

I've never seen more than a handful of sims (4-5 not counting sims that are just walking by) anywhere in the world in TS4. The venues in TS4 are just as dead, and at times even more so, then they were in TS4. It wasn't until I started using MCCommand Center and raised the max # of sims in zone from 20 to 100 that I started seeing actual crowds in venues.

I tend to find it hard to believe people find more things to do in TS4 too. I mean seriously there is barely anything still to this day to do in TS4. The number of skill objects and even the number of skills themselves is barely a fraction of what there was to do in TS3. That's a big part of the reason I always get bored of TS4 so quickly, you just run out of things to do. I never had that issue in TS3.

Do I think TS3 has more to do than TS4? - absolutely, but that's not really a fair comparison because TS3 is complete. If you're looking at where each game was at this moment in time - 2 years 5 months in, that could be a fairer comparison.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

I've never seen more than a handful of sims (4-5 not counting sims that are just walking by) anywhere in the world in TS4. The venues in TS4 are just as dead, and at times even more so, then they were in TS4. It wasn't until I started using MCCommand Center and raised the max # of sims in zone from 20 to 100 that I started seeing actual crowds in venues.

Do I think TS3 has more to do than TS4? - absolutely, but that's not really a fair comparison because TS3 is complete. If you're looking at where each game was at this moment in time - 2 years 5 months in, that could be a fairer comparison.

Well if you compare base game to base game, then yes, TS3 does have more to do than TS4 without a doubt. That doesn't include the more varied build tools giving the place more options to build with and CASt of course means further creative tools.

Now look at the two and a half years mark. Might be a bit more tricky to compare but how many EPs did TS3 have in this scale compared to TS4? I cannot remember when TS3 Seasons came out, what month it was but TS3 5 EPs out within the two and a half years, all offering more gameplay compared to TS4's three EPs and GPs combined maybe?

Perhaps once TS4 gets it's last ever EP or whatever maybe then we could finally be able to compare more evenly. But I wouldn't be surprised if TS3 still comes out on top considering how slow it is for TS4 to get new content. There won't be another EP until later this year to say the least and the GPs do seem small in comparison. Even the new Vampires EP only came with 5 new lots. Maybe the amount of lots don't add to much of gameplay but to be honest, is it not the idea to build and expand within the game yourselves? Maybe that is what TS3 also has going for it as well, long term playability.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2017

Weak emotion system

Groundhog Day syndrome

No Reason to Leave

Umm ok, good for you

Um wow, just wow

Yep, that's opinion. Not sure why you shared it in this topic though, I don't care. I feel everytime someone counterposes 'reasons' to not like Sims 3 in a non Sims 3 related topic they have to justify their feelings on here. All I did was explaining why the reasons given here don't make any sense. I did so because they didn't make any sense. And I explained why they didn't make any sense, it was all very objective. Is that not ok?
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Cathound01Cathound01 Posts: 69 Member

Weak emotion system

Groundhog Day syndrome

No Reason to Leave

Umm ok, good for you

Um wow, just wow

Yep, that's opinion. Not sure why you shared it in this topic though, I don't care. I feel everytime someone counterposes 'reasons' to not like Sims 3 in a non Sims 3 related topic they have to justify their feelings on here. All I did was explaining why the reasons given here don't make any sense. I did so because they didn't make any sense. And I explained why they didn't make any sense, it was all very objective. Is that not ok?

Obviously you do care. Otherwise you wouldn't make it your mission to search for and reply to every negative comment about the Sims 3.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

Weak emotion system

Groundhog Day syndrome

No Reason to Leave

Umm ok, good for you

Um wow, just wow

Wait so we're not allowed to post comments on this topic about why we don't like TS3 but you're allowed to refute us and post about how much better TS3 is. You obviously are incapable of being civil or actually talking to someone with a different opinion. You wrote a huge comment about my first comment so you obviously care about our comments (mine & @BrownGamerGurl1) and neither of us like Sims 3 so get over it.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Weak emotion system

Groundhog Day syndrome

No Reason to Leave

Umm ok, good for you

Um wow, just wow

It's technically a Sims 4 related topic, if you only look at the title lol. These people have stated over and over that what they're saying is their own personal experience with both games. There's no "objective" argument you can throw at someone's taste that makes their tastes any more or less valid than your own. There are people who didn't like TS3 as much as others don't like TS4, and that's perfectly okay. Many people felt TS3 sims are robotic. I don't personally think so, but I can't really deny others the right to feel differently about it. Also, the Groundhog Day is something you can say about every sims game in my opinion. If you restart a day in 4 with a party, sims will also do different things than the first time. Maybe they'll go outside to play basketball or hang out at the bar instead of dancing, maybe they'll have conversations with different sims than the first time, etc. etc. Also, sadness has much improved in TS4. Last time someone died the whole family was heartbroken, the son even cried in his sleep every night. So they're tweaking it, even if it isn't perfect. But some people might still prefer these emotions over the negative / positive moodlets in TS3, some others prefer the way TS3 handled these things over the way it's in TS4. Why is it so important to you to prove other people are "wrong" about what game they prefer? It honestly doesn't matter how many 'objective' arguments you use against them, because they're still subjective. It does come down to taste. I even agree that TS3 has technically more stuff to do than TS4 (which isn't finished yet, and yes, that matters too), but there are definitely days where I prefer to play one over the other. And that's just the way people are.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Ya know...Facts or opinions, its natural to want to prove a point. I know that when I read one of these posts about how TS3 has all this wrong with it, it inspired me to refute it by writing a mini book. And that's OK. What does it matter? If you don't like the opinion someone has, move on and stop responding to it.
    edited February 2017
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Ya know...Facts or opinions, its natural to want to prove a point. I know that when I read one of these posts about how TS3 has all this wrong with it, it inspired me to refute it by writing a mini book. And that's OK. What does it matter? If you don't like the opinion someone has, move on and stop responding to it.

I think it's perfectly alright to have an opinion :D But there's a difference between saying "Well, to me, TS3 sims are less robotic and I personally prefer x or y" and saying "your opinion is completely invalid, let me corner you with my supposedly 100 % objective opinions to show you how you're just totally wrong and inexperienced for thinking anything other than me". There was one person who responded one way (saying how that person's experience with TS3 was actually the one they had with TS4 instead, and it was completely respectful of the fact that both are just experiences), and then there's the whole "don't comment on this thread with your plum opinion, because it's of course completely wrong and invalid". I'm a little tired of people not understanding that you can, and people do, prefer the iterations they prefer & that there's nothing objective at all about any of it. How can people have interesting discussions about the pros and cons of all games if they can't even accept the pros and cons others see? ... ah whatever, that too is just my opinion ;)
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    v12creator wrote: »
    Because the game was originally designed to be an online multiplayer game, with an added story mode. Nothing about TS4 represents what the others have, because their vision for the game originally was something completely different that nobody was asking for.

IMO there are too many downgrades compared to The Sims 3. We were sold this game while being given the impression that it truly was a great successor, and as far as I'm concerned it falls flat. Everything is a grind, and it's super repetitive. CAS and Build mode are the only real improvements to me. Gameplay is incredibly over the top, boring, and the game operates in ways that truly put me off from playing.

Several of my simmer friends irl want nothing to do with 4, because it's subpar compared to what the other games offer. They stick with Sims 2 & 3.

Well said. The real killer for me is how lifeless and boring the sims themselves are, which would have made sense for an online game as you the player would have been giving life and personality to the sims interacting with other players. There just isn't any depth to the game play. Too many downgrades from TS3 combined with being the leftovers of an online game leaves the game feeling pretty hollow.

LOL, the sims in Thesims4 might not have the best personality system but if any thesims game had a souless and robotic sims it was Thesims3, autonomy and personality was so bad that even ThesimsMedieval did it better than it, Thesims3 itself was a huge downgrade in many areas compared to Thesims2, specially when it comes to sims themselves, IF anything this online backdraft Thesims4 suffered in development is to show that making Thesims online is a horrible idea, that said, Thesims in Thesims4 are much better than the ones in Thesims3.

If you complained about World configuration, customization or even graphic style i understand, but if there is something Thesims3 sims do not have is a good personality/AI/Autonomy system
    TBH I have never had a game which I didn't get bored of. I can only play a game for so long till it starts getting repetitive. I have played all the Sims games and the worst was Sims 3and I play the Sims 4 far longer but after 1 - 2 months it'll start feeling old but I stop playing for a month and go back to it and enjoy it all over again. Right now im playing Runescape but I know that in a month I'll be over it and probably get back into another game.

Agreed and it is alright, playing the same game non-stop is bound to go old, Thesims3 might have a lot of features but the lack of soul of sims, the bugs and the plain lack of replay value of some expansions such as World Adventure along with other problems can have a huge hit on the overall enjoyment of some people. Perhaps the reason i like Thesims4 so much is due to how bad the predecessor was to me.

I completely agree with the TS3 Sims having no personality. That was something that I complained about throughout its life. 4 isn't much better. I'm back to playing ts2 b/c it is the best game they've made since the original.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    v12creator wrote: »
    Because the game was originally designed to be an online multiplayer game, with an added story mode. Nothing about TS4 represents what the others have, because their vision for the game originally was something completely different that nobody was asking for.

IMO there are too many downgrades compared to The Sims 3. We were sold this game while being given the impression that it truly was a great successor, and as far as I'm concerned it falls flat. Everything is a grind, and it's super repetitive. CAS and Build mode are the only real improvements to me. Gameplay is incredibly over the top, boring, and the game operates in ways that truly put me off from playing.

Several of my simmer friends irl want nothing to do with 4, because it's subpar compared to what the other games offer. They stick with Sims 2 & 3.

Well said. The real killer for me is how lifeless and boring the sims themselves are, which would have made sense for an online game as you the player would have been giving life and personality to the sims interacting with other players. There just isn't any depth to the game play. Too many downgrades from TS3 combined with being the leftovers of an online game leaves the game feeling pretty hollow.

LOL, the sims in Thesims4 might not have the best personality system but if any thesims game had a souless and robotic sims it was Thesims3, autonomy and personality was so bad that even ThesimsMedieval did it better than it, Thesims3 itself was a huge downgrade in many areas compared to Thesims2, specially when it comes to sims themselves, IF anything this online backdraft Thesims4 suffered in development is to show that making Thesims online is a horrible idea, that said, Thesims in Thesims4 are much better than the ones in Thesims3.

If you complained about World configuration, customization or even graphic style i understand, but if there is something Thesims3 sims do not have is a good personality/AI/Autonomy system
    TBH I have never had a game which I didn't get bored of. I can only play a game for so long till it starts getting repetitive. I have played all the Sims games and the worst was Sims 3and I play the Sims 4 far longer but after 1 - 2 months it'll start feeling old but I stop playing for a month and go back to it and enjoy it all over again. Right now im playing Runescape but I know that in a month I'll be over it and probably get back into another game.

Agreed and it is alright, playing the same game non-stop is bound to go old, Thesims3 might have a lot of features but the lack of soul of sims, the bugs and the plain lack of replay value of some expansions such as World Adventure along with other problems can have a huge hit on the overall enjoyment of some people. Perhaps the reason i like Thesims4 so much is due to how bad the predecessor was to me.

I completely agree with the TS3 Sims having no personality. That was something that I complained about throughout its life. 4 isn't much better. I'm back to playing ts2 b/c it is the best game they've made since the original.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    I never get bored of The Sims 4. I've been playing more often since December, when I'd had The Sims 4 for about six months and now I am addicted to the game. If I did not force myself to take breaks from the computer then I could easily become a Sim's Zombie.
  • bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    I never get bored of The Sims 4. I've been playing more often since December, when I'd had The Sims 4 for about six months and now I am addicted to the game. If I did not force myself to take breaks from the computer then I could easily become a Sim's Zombie.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Weak emotion system

Groundhog Day syndrome

No Reason to Leave

Umm ok, good for you

Um wow, just wow

Wait so we're not allowed to post comments on this topic about why we don't like TS3 but you're allowed to refute us and post about how much better TS3 is. You obviously are incapable of being civil or actually talking to someone with a different opinion. You wrote a huge comment about my first comment so you obviously care about our comments (mine & @BrownGamerGurl1) and neither of us like Sims 3 so get over it.

No one is saying that no one can say they don't like TS3. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it is always a shame that in every TS4 thread that is seen as 'negative' someone has to always mentioned something bad about TS3 even if nothing was said about TS3 in the first place.

It still seems that there is some occasions where some players will 'bring TS3 down to make TS4 look greater' :( That doesn't work on me any more and these days I almost exclusively post in TS3 threads as it saves me and everyone else the hassle.

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Cathound01Cathound01 Posts: 69 Member

Weak emotion system

Groundhog Day syndrome

No Reason to Leave

Umm ok, good for you

Um wow, just wow

No one is saying that no one can say they don't like TS3. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it is always a shame that in every TS4 thread that is seen as 'negative' someone has to always mentioned something bad about TS3 even if nothing was said about TS3 in the first place.

It still seems that there is some occasions where some players will 'bring TS3 down to make TS4 look greater' :( That doesn't work on me any more and these days I almost exclusively post in TS3 threads as it saves me and everyone else the hassle.

If you go back and read the first page of this thread you'll notice that comparisons with Sims 3 is introduced by several simmers that are making negative remarks about Sims 4. So its not always Sims 4 players that start the comparisons but of course they're going to respond in kind.
    Cathound01 wrote: »

Weak emotion system

Groundhog Day syndrome

No Reason to Leave

Umm ok, good for you

Um wow, just wow

If you go back and read the first page of this thread you'll notice that comparisons with Sims 3 is introduced by several simmers that are making negative remarks about Sims 4. So its not always Sims 4 players that start the comparisons but of course they're going to respond in kind.

That, plus, I also don't get what the big deal is about comparing. I prefer x to y because I prefer this or that about x, while I didn't feel the same about y, is a perfectly normal way to express your opinion about something. I've never had someone as offended as people are about sims games comparisons when simply stating "oh you like your coffee black? I think it's a little bitter, I tend to drink it with milk". Never got the response "what? Why are you making my black coffee look bad?!?!?!?!" ... It's odd.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

Weak emotion system

Groundhog Day syndrome

No Reason to Leave

Umm ok, good for you

Um wow, just wow

If you wanna slow down and not jump to a conclusion someone a bit back asked why I like 4 better and I said why. TS4 gets it just as bad as 3 so nobody here should be holding the victim card. Plus I don't think TS3 is a bad game it just has issues that affect me and 4 doesn't have those issues (or just not as bad).
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited February 2017
    windweaver wrote: »
    If you wanna slow down and not jump to a conclusion someone a bit back asked why I like 4 better and I said why. TS4 gets it just as bad as 3 so nobody here should be holding the victim card. Plus I don't think TS3 is a bad game it just has issues that affect me and 4 doesn't have those issues (or just not as bad).

Oh,this i am ok with, even tough i disagree (A lot).
    bishop49er wrote: »

0n7vp4.jpg
    jr73Y.gif