Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Fix "No Disk Found" On Sims 3 Mac (At Least How I Did It)

This worked for me, let me know if it doesn't for you.

1. Open your The Sims 3 folder.
2. Find the base game.
3. Right click base game.
4. Click "Show Package Contents".
5. Open Contents folder.
6. Find info.plist and click on it. (Copy and paste it, that way I'm not responsible for nothing working at all in it- even though I technically am- if there's a mess up)
7. Find words: S3Launcher.exe.
8. Delete S3Launcher (DO NOT DELELTE .EXE)
9. Replace S3Launcher with TS3.
10. Open your game to make sure it works.

It worked for me when I did it. Hopefully EA fixes the problem.

Comments

• ChynaS8ChynaS8 Posts: 81 Member
    If The Sims 3 base game isn't in the folder and is it's own little thing (application), then do it anyways just without the file.
  • Jordy394Jordy394 Posts: 10 New Member
    I just tried this but it did not work for me =( I am trying to play the seasons game and it lets me go all the way through the intro, but when I get to the choose family page it says no disc found, insert the sims seasons before proceeding. I have tried other computer games and DVD's and they all work so I am not sure what the problem is. The game worked when I installed it in July and now it simply will not work. Help!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited April 2016
    @Jordy394 You need to register your Sims 3 games on Origin and download the digital version of whatever the EP you're playing is. Once you do that, the Disk error vanishes. There are instructions in the Mac User's Best Friend thread stickied at the top of this Forum.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • michkatmichkat Posts: 1 New Member
    did the same thing but it gives me this [img]file:///Users/michkat/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202017-02-03%20at%201.43.13%20AM.png[/img]
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    michkat wrote: »
    did the same thing but it gives me this [img]file:///Users/michkat/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202017-02-03%20at%201.43.13%20AM.png[/img]

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p/4882518#U4882518
    apple-signature.png