Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STOP BUYING THIS THING!

Dear players!
I don't know about you, but I'm so disappointed after this expansion that i swore myself never again buing anything to The Sims 4

Maybe I'm just too demanding but when they said that they'are going to fix musical chairs I was happy cause it was so annoying... But now it's worse..
It still happens.. I threw a party with 3 sims.. And when I tell them to talk with eachother they still change places by the table..
When my sims are standing in the room, and when I tell them to talk, first what do they is SITTING!! WHY THE HELL? Did I want them do sit? NO! So why they want so desperate to sit?
And now i went with my sim to Windenburg. I've visited Cafe and went my sim to that area with big clock.. Can you believe that when I told my sim to talk to another sim, they ran to cafe, just because they had to sit!!!
I'ma spread that all over the world untill it ends like SimCity ended.. EA thinks that it can do whatever wants cause players will buy it anyway.. EA you're wrong!

It's not just about that musical chairs.. When I'm for example at the club and when I tell my sim to dance with another one, instead dancing face to face, they dance in a really strange positions like backward to eachother.. They talk like that too.. It looks horrible.

I know that there's army of players who love The Sims 4, but I know that there also ones who doesn't. Let's unite!

Comments

• Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    This has got to be one of the things that annoy me the most, I thought it would be fixed by now. My sims has to sit at the table when I tell her to clean up leftovers.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2016
    Musical chairs etc. is annoying, but personally? Not annoying enough to make me not want to play or not want new content. I guess we all have our personal red line on that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Personally I liked Simcity even though the lots were small I was sad that after a year of the game they didn't care about it anymore. I love TS4 and I don't want it to have the same fate as Simcity. Everyone is wanting this one to end early so they get the game they want. What about the people who want TS4 to be complete? I won't be moving to the new sims game if we have one so I want this one to be complete and fun like all the other sims games. I hate musical chairs and I have routing issues but that isn't enough for me to leave a potentially good game. This sims has promise to be better then past games.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This has got to be one of the things that annoy me the most, I thought it would be fixed by now. My sims has to sit at the table when I tell her to clean up leftovers.

My Sim has to run out to the back yard, change into his swimsuit, and sit on the edge of the pool when I tell him to put away leftovers from the kitchen counter. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @AlwaysTheSun we are all simmers and all have diffrent views on the game what i like the most about the sims4 is that its diffrent and not all simmers pays the same
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2016
    Musical chairs hasn't been an issue for me since the patch in November fixed it.

However, the Musical chairs fix only applies to new games. My old saves pre-patch are still affected by it.

I just started a new game when Get Together came out, and I've been playing it since.
    Sims occasionally get up to move closer to a Sim, but they won't reposition themselves constantly. Only when room becomes avaloable to sit closer :)

I've seen many people post similar reports. Give it a try.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2016
    What, I think of is so funny as far as routing issues which cracks me up is when they pickup plates they grab the plate than sit down and get back up, I think the coders switched the interactions around somehow and instead of making them sit down on the chair to pickup the plate as intended the sim decided he could magicly pickup the plate and than sit down and get back up to put it away.

Edit: also I don't mind the musical chairs, because if you look at a real dining experience everyone is moving around from table to table some are standing and others are sitting, this is somewhat normal behavior in a party setting in the real world, people tend to want to talk to people across the table sitting, but at another time or right next to them they would rather stand while the other sim sits.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    This isn't something I've noticed, but I didn't get the game until February, so.. maybe jackjack's advice is worth following.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    This isn't something I've noticed, but I didn't get the game until February, so.. maybe jackjack's advice is worth following.

Yeah but not everyone wants to start a new save. Some people like to have just one save file. I don't think the solution to start a new save file is very reasonable. If the musical chairs bug is only effecting old saves and not new ones (which makes absolutely no sense, btw), then the bug still exists and the team should do something about it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    Yeah but not everyone wants to start a new save. Some people like to have just one save file. I don't think the solution to start a new save file is very reasonable. If the musical chairs bug is only effecting old saves and not new ones (which makes absolutely no sense, btw), then the bug still exists and the team should do something about it.

Starting a new file isn't reasonable at all since the entire game is about family relationships and relationship building, and since they've refused to give us tree and relationship editors, any issue which mandates re-creation of save data is game-breaking. This is the reason incompetent tech support cannot be tolerated.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    The musical chairs thing is particularly annoying if you have loads of chairs around (like in a cafe or restaurant setting). Other than that, it doesn't happen that much in my sims' house cuz I only have 4 bar stools from them and there's only 3 sims, so they don't really move around much.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    The musical chairs thing only seems to happen when your not in group.

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Starting a new file isn't reasonable at all since the entire game is about family relationships and relationship building, and since they've refused to give us tree and relationship editors, any issue which mandates re-creation of save data is game-breaking. This is the reason incompetent tech support cannot be tolerated.
    Yes but for those of us and by the way I still have the musical chairs thing that have Outdoor Retreat to still have to deal with the camping moodlet that won't go away.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Musical chairs are fixed, it's been explained that sims will sit down when they start talking, but won't get up and move more.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Musical chairs are fixed, it's been explained that sims will sit down when they start talking, but won't get up and move more.

Nah, it still happens especially when you have a lot of chairs around and/or more sims join in the conversation.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    chichinghuichichinghui Posts: 267 Member
    Even though I don't have Get Together, I saw musical chair is still happening to my game after their recent patch.
  • Options
    Summersethomes5Summersethomes5 Posts: 450 Member
    I just wondered who's bright idea it was not to issue a CD with this expansion (cause they need to fired) I've looked all over for a cd of this game and it's not available...why in the world would I buy a digital download..that's like throwing my money away for nothing. EA needs to get it's act together
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I know this is annoying me too, they are always dancing with the seats. Is the dancing chairs.

I hate it they are always moving they just don't say sit, even in the sofa they are always changing seats. Seriously.

I also agree that when two sims are dancing they should dance looking to each other.
  • Options
    LyssaaloooLyssaalooo Posts: 1 New Member
    Maybe i'm just lucky but I have never had any problems with musical chairs or my sims not doing what I ask them to do. Hmmm..Sorry that you had to deal with that but if you quit playing The Sims 4 just because of that then you aren't a true simmer!!! Something like that would never make me stop playing. I love my Sims too much. <3
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Lyssaalooo wrote: »
    Maybe i'm just lucky but I have never had any problems with musical chairs or my sims not doing what I ask them to do. Hmmm..Sorry that you had to deal with that but if you quit playing The Sims 4 just because of that then you aren't a true simmer!!! Something like that would never make me stop playing. I love my Sims too much. <3
    Hi there, welcome to the Forum! :)
    I have had problems with the sims switching seats every time that I have them chatting it up in a group in my game. But I had never let it get to me that bad like some of the other Simmers did. I never let it get to me like that because I could always stop that by having the sim go do something else instead. B)

• Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    musical chairs is the bane of my existence, but like many others said, i am still going to play the game. i do miss the option to actually dance together, though. i hate that they just dance in the same general location; i want my slow dances, dang it!!
  • Options
    I am too addicted to my old saves and sims to start a new save I will start crying, because they never got their tombstone.

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    You can't tell people to "STOP BUYING THIS THING", when they already did so. And I think that most of us really like it.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Lyssaalooo wrote: »
    Hello!
    I was playing the game yesterday. The BFF's were over at my sim's house for a visit, and chatting with my sim. And all the sims, including my sim were switching seats every few seconds.