Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Other sims boo my main sim, even though she's not evil

I know there might be something similar to this discussion; if there is, I apologize for that. Anyways, my main sim hasn't done anything wrong, and she is the Leader of the Free World. She's friends with everyone; it puzzles me why the sims randomly boo her whenever they walk past her. She isn't evil or mean. It gets annoying pretty quickly. What's so bad about my sim reaching the top of her career? (Perhaps because she didn't have the charismatic trait?)
I'm so done with this site!

Comments

• Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I guess people might not like your sim's policies? LOL
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    I'm guessing that your Sim has a trait that the hecklers don't like. I started up a new Sim last night and sent her to the theater to (hopefully) meet some of the townies. No sooner did she get her feet onto the pavement than she autonomously decided to go heckle someone, which was really surprising because she had been in town for less than 12 Sim-hours and only knew three Sims at the time (the University Mascot and the across-the-street neighbors), none of whom were on the theater lot.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i think it came with Showtime, it started in my game first after i installed ST
    it's again one of those cases where the devs thought it a brilliant idea to allow every sim to heckle every other sim literally everywhere, when it should have been constrained to actual show events

there was a mod from 2012 which disabled the hecklers, either completely or only if on autonomous <<<
    but could be that it's outdated meantime & doesn't work anymore :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I thought that heckling could also be caused by a sim having a poor reputation.

Anyway, NRaas Retuner can be used to disable the interaction without having to worry about it being an out of date tuning mod.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Screenshot-348_zpsh1gotman.jpg
    As the saying goes " You can't please everybody all the time". Some Sims will like what you do for the town, some won't. Lot's of pressure at the top. Kinda like how my Katy Perry has an excellent reputation but still gets some boos. Not everybody likes Katy's singing I guess...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    chocoruchocoru Posts: 61 Member
    is your sim a celebrity? i find that once you have 3 or more stars as a celebrity you get heckled everywhere you go by darn near every sim. try lowering the celebrity level down to maybe 1 or 2
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    your sim could be wearing something inappropriate, sims at parties who wear everyday when the dress code is formal or their work uniform or anything that's not the dress code, get booed. But you're saying in the street. I don't and never have had Showtime, but some of my sims who are at the top of their regular career get booed or applauded/cheered, and the booer/cheerer will have a thought bubble of a picture of my sim with a smiley face/cross out. This is for any of the careers, I've noticed more for chef and hit movie composer, and sports star/legend. Not sure for politician, doctor or super spy.
    One of my sims had a reputation of Manipulator, from having about 5 or more different romantic interests. He got booed and cheered, mostly cheered, especially at university and he didn't have a social group, not much anyway.
    So, if you don't have Showtime, it could be for any of those reasons.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    brappl218brappl218 Posts: 150 Member
    There are some tuning suggestions here: nraas.wikispaces.com/Behaviour+In+General for heckling and other annoying habits along with links to some other mods that will stop certain behaviours.
    brappl
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Are you certain that the hecklers that heckle your sim don't have the mean-spirited or evil traits themselves. Because evil/meanspirited will heckle good sims and vice versa.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    If a sim is a sports professional and the team never wins most people in town will boo them. If you are playing with the school/stadium combo lot the sports team never wins (unless you have the NRaas mod that fixes the EA glitches in the combo buildings (can't remember which mod it is though).
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I love when other sims start to heckle mine or even the opposite. It's so much fun to see them create drama out of nothing :D:D:D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    cwaddell wrote: »
    If a sim is a sports professional and the team never wins most people in town will boo them. If you are playing with the school/stadium combo lot the sports team never wins (unless you have the NRaas mod that fixes the EA glitches in the combo buildings (can't remember which mod it is though).
    That would be Overwatch, v122 or higher. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    cwaddell wrote: »
    That would be Overwatch, v122 or higher. :)
    Thanks.
  • Options
    AncientHylianAncientHylian Posts: 4 New Member
    @igazor I was wondering how do I use the Retuner to disable the booing? Can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.
  • Options
    @igazor I was wondering how do I use the Retuner to disable the booing? Can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.
    There are some entries on this FAQ page of ours that might be helpful (scroll down a bit).
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Behaviour-In-General

On the Retuner link that appears to go nowhere at the moment under Heckling in particular, that would have led to the following suggestion:
    NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Object > Sim > Heckle > Allow Age Species > (and set them all to False).

There are also some third party tuning mods that can help with other such unwanted behavior mentioned and linked to on the FAQ page.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Thank you so much, that's super helpful! Now no more booing! Thanks again :smiley:
  • Options
    Sorry to bother you again, @igazor ! I have another question. I'm new to mods :P I've set everything on the Retuner to false and my sim is still getting booed. Other sims are booing each other, too. He is in level ten of the Rock Star career, so maybe they just don't like his music? His wife does not get booed, so that could be why. But shouldn't the Retuner disable all the booing between other sims and regardless of his career? I did try to look at the FAQ but it wasn't working for me for some reason. Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Sorry to bother you again, @igazor ! I have another question. I'm new to mods :P I've set everything on the Retuner to false and my sim is still getting booed. Other sims are booing each other, too. He is in level ten of the Rock Star career, so maybe they just don't like his music? His wife does not get booed, so that could be why. But shouldn't the Retuner disable all the booing between other sims and regardless of his career? I did try to look at the FAQ but it wasn't working for me for some reason. Thank you in advance!
    Have you saved and reloaded the game since having made the Retuner adjustments? That's often required before changes will kick in.

But it's also possible I took you down the wrong path. There are a number of "awareness reactions" that sims use and what you are now experiencing might not be covered by the heckling setting if it's really in a different category. If this seems to be the case, then I would suggest a post an NRaas if you could (the main Chatterbox board is fine). Other players might be better in tune with these different reaction types and have more tools to suppress them than I know about. Even when unwanted, the sillier reactions don't tend to bother me as much as they do other players as long as the sims' relationships with each other don't tank at the same time with the same underlying causes, such as one might see with celebrity disgraces for example.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Okay! Thank you for all your help, igazor. I really do appreciate it! Yes, I have saved and restarted the game multiple times, and the settings always stay at false. I don't think what you told me didn't help, it definitely got rid of the most annoying heckling. I think I will post in NRaas if I have more questions. This could be something I am doing, too. Thank you again, all of your advice has been very helpful :)
  • Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    There is also a glitch where when you buy a gem cutter, it causes other Sims to boo you. I've had it happen to me twice now.