Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim will not obey commands

So lately with my game, my sim will not obey my commands right away. If I tell him to do something, he will literally stand there and do nothing for an in game hour before he does the action. This has been very problematic especially because he's in an active career, and I can't have him complete goals in a timely fashion. I know the game isn't lagging, because everything else is moving and working fine, it's just my sim. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have no mods if that helps anything.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sometimes that is the only form of game lag, and it's often a question of computer power. In case it isn't, though - in case it's glitchiness that can be cleared out - you might want to try this process, which is pretty quick, before we start looking at what your computer system is:

Origin > My Games > right-click The Sims 4 > Repair Game
    then:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello,
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Try repairing the game and resetting the sims 4 folder like luthien posted and see if that helps the issue.

If you continue to have issues, some simmers have found that going to game options in the game and unticking : Online Notifications, Auto-Reconnect, Share User Data. has helped similar issues.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to My Games in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”