Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Launcher

Hey everyone :)

I've been re-downloading all of my Sims 3 games and unfortunately it's got the 1.69 launcher. I downloaded half of my Sims games and half of them aren't showing up as installed. Is there a way to make them appear or to get the old launcher back? :/

If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated :)

Matthew.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There is a new tab on your launcher that will show all your EPs and SPs, beside it will be boxes that are to be either checked or unchecked. Half of time with my own, they will all get unchecked on their own, so before I play, I ALWAYS have to check it, other wise my EPs and SPs won't show up in the game. They did this because it is suppose to make it easier on players who have all or most of the pack to not play with certain ones, to make it easier on their computers, that is their reasoning behind this nonsense. Your games are installed, just check that tab, and make sure your installed games are checked.
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    There is a new tab on your launcher that will show all your EPs and SPs, beside it will be boxes that are to be either checked or unchecked. Half of time with my own, they will all get unchecked on their own, so before I play, I ALWAYS have to check it, other wise my EPs and SPs won't show up in the game. They did this because it is suppose to make it easier on players who have all or most of the pack to not play with certain ones, to make it easier on their computers, that is their reasoning behind this nonsense. Your games are installed, just check that tab, and make sure your installed games are checked.

Ah I see, thank you so much for your reply :) I'm not very keen on the new launcher and preferred the old one, but oh well at least I got my games back :)

Thank you for all of your help @LaBlue0314 :)

Hugs <3

Matthew.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Did you notice the stickies about this issue.

This is one of them.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860900/small-update-coming-to-the-pc-version-of-the-sims-3#latest

Basically, if you have the digital download version of the base game or any of the Expansion or Stuff packs you can't avoid 1.69 patch.

If you have disk version of it all and you base game is post 2012 then you can't avoid the 1.69 patch.

If you read through the thread I linked you'll get the idea.

So far I've managed to avoid it and am still on 1.67.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Your welcome, I know I went a little nuts the first time it happened to me. I thought I was loosing my mind.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited March 2016
    That sucks cause origin forced me abd kept trying to update after i already turned updates off. Really ticked about it

giphy.gif

• deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Did you notice the stickies about this issue.

This is one of them.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860900/small-update-coming-to-the-pc-version-of-the-sims-3#latest

Basically, if you have the digital download version of the base game or any of the Expansion or Stuff packs you can't avoid 1.69 patch.

If you have disk version of it all and you base game is post 2012 then you can't avoid the 1.69 patch.

If you read through the thread I linked you'll get the idea.

So far I've managed to avoid it and am still on 1.67.

Hmm. I have 2 disc versions of the basegame that predate 2012, and 3 digital EP's from origin. 3 EP's are on disc , and the rest are digital copies from GamersGate. I have managed to avoid the 1.69 patch just fine. But like I said in a previous thread, even though I have a very good computer I don't like having clients like Origin running in the background while I play The Sims 3. If it comes down to it I would rather repurchase the 3 EP's from gamers gate and use one of my pre 2012 discs if I ever needed to reinstall. In fact I may just copy my entire Sims 3 folder on to another hard-drive for safe keeping.
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hmm. I have 2 disc versions of the basegame that predate 2012, and 3 digital EP's from origin. 3 EP's are on disc , and the rest are digital copies from GamersGate. I have managed to avoid the 1.69 patch just fine. But like I said in a previous thread, even though I have a very good computer I don't like having clients like Origin running in the background while I play The Sims 3. If it comes down to it I would rather repurchase the 3 EP's from gamers gate and use one of my pre 2012 discs if I ever needed to reinstall. In fact I may just copy my entire Sims 3 folder on to another hard-drive for safe keeping.

I bought some of my EPs as Gamers Gate downloads myself originally back when I was playing the Mac version; there was no Origin for Mac back then as there is now. Unfortunately, I don't think GG carries TS3 products for sale that way anymore. Or maybe it's a country by country thing?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »

I bought some of my EPs as Gamers Gate downloads myself originally back when I was playing the Mac version; there was no Origin for Mac back then as there is now. Unfortunately, I don't think GG carries TS3 products for sale that way anymore. Or maybe it's a country by country thing?

Yep. You're 100% correct, unfortunately lol. I just checked as I hadn't been back to the site since I reinstalled the game on to my new computer. It appears they have all of your old games stored obviously, but you are unable to purchase any new ones!. I wonder if there are any other sites one could use apart from steam that are not affiliated with Origin?
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member

Yep. You're 100% correct, unfortunately lol. I just checked as I hadn't been back to the site since I reinstalled the game on to my new computer. It appears they have all of your old games stored obviously, but you are unable to purchase any new ones!. I wonder if there are any other sites one could use apart from steam that are not affiliated with Origin?

You might be able to pick up cheap disk copies of the missing Expansions and Stuff Packs that you still want to get. Fortunately for me, I managed to do that back in 2014 when I saw them all being sold very cheaply in a local game store. I got them then because they were available and I wasn't sure of what EA may have in store for us and didn't want to have to rely on them for my continued enjoyment of the game.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

steam is not affiliated with origin . The steam version is still at 1.67. You would just have to uninstall what you have installed now and reinstall the whole game form steam.Origin and steam do not mix
    edited March 2016

steam is not affiliated with origin . The steam version is still at 1.67. You would just have to uninstall what you have installed now and reinstall the whole game form steam.Origin and steam do not mix

yeah...But does steam work with any disc copies i have including the original and ep's? I may have heard incorrectly, but i thought the answer was no.
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2016
    No. In order to play on the Steam platform, you would have to repurchase everything on Steam. There is no mixing and matching with discs that way.

And I don't think digital downloads independent of Origin or Steam are available anymore. Amazon still carries some of them, but there are a lot of reports of them not being able to be installed anymore and players being told to use their codes with Origin instead.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    Deadhaus123, I love the look of the world in your photo sig, I am just wondering if I am allowed to know where to download it at all? Its the perfect world I have been looking for Island theme-wise!
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2016

yeah...But does steam work with any disc copies i have including the original and ep's? I may have heard incorrectly, but i thought the answer was no.

No disc is strictly origin. You can mix disc with download on origin but you will be forced to the 1.69 patch. If you have all the discs and the original base game issued before 2012 you can play without origin and use the superpatch 1.67 to manually patch your game without using origin

If you want the game on steam you would have to re-buy the whole game on steam, uninstall your origin copies of the game and reinstall the steam version