Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Self-publish or sell to a publisher?

-Skky-Ninja--Skky-Ninja- Posts: 78 Member
My Sim has just reached level 5 of the writing skill and now he can "Sell to a publisher". What is the difference between self-publishing books and selling them to a publisher, and which one is better?
Origin ID: ashtendo
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    You get more money each day if you sell to publisher. When the option comes up, hover the mouse over self publishing and sell to publisher. It will give you a little info on this. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • -Skky-Ninja--Skky-Ninja- Posts: 78 Member
    > @BlkBarbiegal said:
    > You get more money each day if you sell to publisher. When the option comes up, hover the mouse over self publishing and sell to publisher. It will give you a little info on this. :)

Thank you! :)
  • -Skky-Ninja--Skky-Ninja- Posts: 78 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello,
    > If you have GTW, you can make and keep a copy of your book before publishing it if you would like a copy of it.
    > Before you publish the book, take it out of your sims inventory, place it somewhere, and click on it to " make a copy". Then you can put the original back into your inventory and send it off to be published. You will then have a copy of the book.

I wish I would have known this before I published several books in the past! I would of liked to have a copy of my Sim's first book so that it could be carried down through generations...you know? Oh well, it's too late now. But now I know for the future. Thank you! :smile:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello,
    > If you have GTW, you can make and keep a copy of your book before publishing it if you would like a copy of it.
    > Before you publish the book, take it out of your sims inventory, place it somewhere, and click on it to " make a copy". Then you can put the original back into your inventory and send it off to be published. You will then have a copy of the book.

I wish I would have known this before I published several books in the past! I would of liked to have a copy of my Sim's first book so that it could be carried down through generations...you know? Oh well, it's too late now. But now I know for the future. Thank you! :smile:

You're welcome :)
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello,
    If you have GTW, you can make and keep a copy of your book before publishing it if you would like a copy of it.
    Before you publish the book, take it out of your sims inventory, place it somewhere, and click on it to " make a copy". Then you can put the original back into your inventory and send it off to be published. You will then have a copy of the book.

ohhh didnt know that!! ty ty ty Rose! :*:*:*
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Hello,
    If you have GTW, you can make and keep a copy of your book before publishing it if you would like a copy of it.
    Before you publish the book, take it out of your sims inventory, place it somewhere, and click on it to " make a copy". Then you can put the original back into your inventory and send it off to be published. You will then have a copy of the book.

Way cool, @rosemow, thanks for the tip!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    Hello,

ohhh didnt know that!! ty ty ty Rose! :*:*:*
    Hello,

Way cool, @rosemow, thanks for the tip!

• DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Hello,

I didn't know this either! Thanks, Rosemow! There are certain books I'd love to pass down thru the generations.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Always sell to the publisher, unlike the real world; sims make more money when a publisher sells their works.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • sangitarastogisangitarastogi Posts: 1 New Member
    The Write Place, according to me is the best self-publishing platform. I have already got one book published with the Write Place, and thanks to them that I am working on my second volume. Forums are essential for the healthy discussion of self-publishing authors, and this is why I recommend you all to go for The Write Place if you want your dream come true.
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    Like others have said, it means more money. Generally, any 'selling' interactions that are unlocked are better (more lucrative) than the ones that come before it. It's similar to paintings and selling to a collector, art gallery etc etc
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    The Write Place, according to me is the best self-publishing platform. I have already got one book published with the Write Place, and thanks to them that I am working on my second volume. Forums are essential for the healthy discussion of self-publishing authors, and this is why I recommend you all to go for The Write Place if you want your dream come true.

They are talking about the writers in the game, not in real life. 😊
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello,

Oh thank you rosemow, I didn't know that either, and I have created so many cool titles for my Sims books over the years, and they always lost them! I always wondered why they didn't allow us to copy them, like with selling paintings,but now I know they did!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top