Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 Lag, What The Heck!? D:

AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
AMD A8 QuadCore 2.2 GHZ
8BG Ram
Radeon R5 Graphics Card: 1008 MB

I understand this isn't near top notch, but it is a step up from my last laptop. I have TS2 UC and I've been getting lag, even with everything on low. I should at least be able to play with everything on Medium, but no. It's mainly when I zoom the camera out, or swing the camera around, but it is game-breaking, at least for me.

Help, please? :confounded:

Comments

• cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited March 2016
    What's your OS? I don't know much about processors, ram, or cpu....but I do know that some people running sims 2 on Windows 8 or 10 have experienced lag in some areas that those who aren't do not.

I have
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3517U CPU @ 1.90Gz with 16.0GB and Windows 10 and I haven't experienced any lag at all, except for when the witches show up but that happened even on my old dino-pc, so that's not new. All of my settings are on high I believe.

As for your own system since I'm not tech savvy - try this? http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Astro A8 processor with r5 graphics are integrated. You dont have a dedicated video card. (unless you have dual video cards? ) I dont know what the specs are for the sims 2 UC. Its an older game. I have a decent gaming desktop. I only started playing the sims 2 UC and the loading screens take forever. ask @crinrict she may know what the specs are needed for the whole sims 2 game and if your computer should be able to play it.

@cleo00 don't ever use can you run it especially with the sims, it does not calculate the game with added patches and eps. Can you run it is not accurate
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Have you run the Graphics Rules fixes? There is a bug that can make the amount of graphics memory really, really small (32 Mb). The Graphics Rules include a fix for that bug.

http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Have you run the Graphics Rules fixes? There is a bug that can make the amount of graphics memory really, really small (32 Mb). The Graphics Rules include a fix for that bug.

http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

I forgot to mention that I tried that too. :(

@phoebebebe13 My old laptop had a 2GHZ processor and Intel HD Graphics, The R5 card is about equal to the 4400 i tell card, I have no idea why this game is acting up like it is. And like I said, it's lagging with all the settings on low as well.
    @Astro Its possible the game likes intel and not AMD ? This is why I paged Crinrict maybe she knows. Its an older game so I dont know how it reacts to some newer hardware. I also have not seen ceejay402 in a while but she plays on AMD. You could try sending her a pm and see if she will answer you.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    @phoebebebe13 Ah, I did not know that. I assumed you only needed the right specs for the basegame and then everything else just added on to that.
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    @Astro what is your OS please?
    angrycat.gif
    cleo00 wrote: »
    @phoebebebe13 Ah, I did not know that. I assumed you only needed the right specs for the basegame and then everything else just added on to that.

No that's the problem with the sims , those can you run it dont add patches and eps/packs. The game becomes more demanding the more you add. Always look at the recommended requirements which are for desktop. Not laptop. Laptops are weaker than desktop. This applies for all sims games 2, 3 and 4 . Sims 1 would probably run on a toaster at this point :p
    edited March 2016
    @Astro what is your OS please?

@Summerbear5
    Windows 10.
    Post edited by Astro on
    @Astro Its possible the game likes intel and not AMD ? This is why I paged Crinrict maybe she knows. Its an older game so I dont know how it reacts to some newer hardware. I also have not seen ceejay402 in a while but she plays on AMD. You could try sending her a pm and see if she will answer you.

I've sent her a PM. :)
    Astro wrote: »

Hopefull she gets it. I have not seen ceejay on the forum in a while but she might check her pms. She usually comes on the forum whenever the sims 4 has a patch or a new ep or game pack . I already spoke to crinrict and she does not know. Unfortunately most of us that help in tech use Nvidia not AMD

Hopefull she gets it. I have not seen ceejay on the forum in a while but she might check her pms. She usually comes on the forum whenever the sims 4 has a patch or a new ep or game pack . I already spoke to crinrict and she does not know. Unfortunately most of us that help in tech use Nvidia not AMD

Hopefully she does... the lag mainly only happens when I first go into Live Mode after loading up the game. After that it's only a few stutters here and there.

Hopefully she does... the lag mainly only happens when I first go into Live Mode after loading up the game. After that it's only a few stutters here and there.

And I know usually having smooth edges on high vs not at all should affect performance, but it doesn't. I'm still getting the stuttering when the edges are all the way up and all the way down.