Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supermaxing skills. Would anyone like that in Sims 4?

This is one of my favorite things in Sims 3 and I would love to see it in Sims 4, especially since skills are so easy to pick up and learn (I had a sim max out cooking when the only food she ever made was scrambled eggs!). It'd be a nice challenge to add into the game.
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited March 2016
    Heck yes! This would be the best! I've thought this for ages. It would had the extra layer of challenge for anyone who wanted it. Meanwhile if you just want to learn the skill you can do that but then this extra layer of game play could be there behind the basic skill. It would be perfect!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Can someone tell me what supermaxing skill means? Cuz I didn't play TS3 that much.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what supermaxing skill means? Cuz I didn't play TS3 that much.

Along with just learning the skill there were 3 unique challenges to complete and a number of game 'Opportunities' to complete but you had to wait for the game to generate those.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/cooking/challenges-opportunities.php

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

Along with just learning the skill there were 3 unique challenges to complete and a number of game 'Opportunities' to complete but you had to wait for the game to generate those.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/cooking/challenges-opportunities.php

Oh those seem fun. I do like the opportunities system TS3 had. I always wished TS4 had those. It will make the game more random (as in having something coming up for your sim to do all of a sudden) and exciting. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Yes! Exactly, it was so cool when the opportunity you'd been waiting for finally popped up! I loved super maxing the skills.

• NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I loved the skill challenges in 3, because you could go more in-depth with your skills. I don't think however that making you able to go to get to higher levels like 15 is a good idea however, unless they made a new level that's hard to reach that unlocked a crazily amazing interaction related to the skill.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I naturally had my main sim max all her skills except her herbalism which at 5.
    also, her husband Is halfway at maxing his skills.
    no cheats involved.

Skill challenges would be a nice thing to add.
    @NeonHighways, I agree.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    We should also get recipes, new woodworking plans and sheet music :(