Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ea please.

sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
Bring sims 2 out of retirement they need more stuff just start making new content for them give them a facelift and open world and that will be all of a simulation game we will need.

Comments

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @sweetface44

Having only just started playing sims 2 recently I concur in spades :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    There was so much they could have added... from TS2- like snow vacation place, Magic Town, the Carnival, Superstar... so much more.
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    The one thing I want is to be able to visit other sims. Not even open world, i don't care about that, but to be able to go to another sim's house instead of having to invite them to yours.
  • Options
    @cleo00

There is a visitor mod and I am using it successfully in my game but there are some conditions to its use, for example your current family can only visit other sims homes when they all go together as a group either from the home or community lot but if you are playing with large family it can be difficult to organize sometimes so when I need my visiting other sims fix I change my active family to say a 2-3 household and send them to my favorite larger sized family as they have more room and a bigger house :)

To be honest I have not used it as much as I thought I would but I do like to use it when the mood hits me. Also be aware when I ran my mods through the hack checker utility it conflicted with other mods I had mainly the take toddlers to community lots and don't leave me behind mod which both were made by the same modder so I removed those 2 mods to try the visitor mod but other players have used all those mods together and not experienced any problems however I prefer to err on the side of caution.

You will have to register on the site to get the mod and be aware it is also an adult site if you prefer not to associate with such a site.

http://backalleysims.com/adultsite/showthread.php?4334-Visit-other-Sims

There are also other smaller mods that add the game-play which are really helpful if you scroll through the list of mods if you choose to register.
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 oooh thankyou! ^.^
  • Options
    @cleo00

You are welcome enjoy your new mod :)
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    You do realize that's basically what they did with the Sims 3.

The Sims 3 shares the same engine with The Sims 2. They literally gave The Sims 2 a facelift and added Open World.

If you have a quick Google;
    - The Sims 3 on PC is The Sims 2 on PC, just built upon.
    - The Sims 3 on Wii is also The Sims 2 on console built up.
    - The Sims 3 on Nintendo 3DS is the Sims 2 PSP engine built up.

:)
  • Options
    But it's not the same and it doesn't play the same nor look the same... So,... whatevs.
  • Options
    @jackjack_k I see what you're saying and I agree to an extent, but they also are two totally different games. I've never, ever been able to look at 3 and say "this is just built on from 2" it just feels way too different. Don't get me wrong, I love ANYTHING sims I even went out and got myself a plumbob tattoo :D but there's just something about sims 2 maybe it's because I started playing it when I was like really young I can't math today I was born in 1996 and I started playing ts1 and then was geeked as plum with ts2 came out. Ts2 is my childhood and I still play it now and I love it so very much. It doesn't compare to 3 or 4 at all. And I would LOVE to see what they'd do with it if they kept doing things to it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2016
    I wanted a theater for TS2, a venue. I wanted an amusement park like Magic Town had in TS1. The rides and games etc. I wanted kiosks of food from TS1 added to TS2. I wanted a zoo, especially since Pets allowed Sims to pet a skunk (hahaha) and maybe some llamas for the kids to pet, with exotic animals to view. I wanted a water park, Maxis. More hands on things to do at home to sell in OFB..so much more to build and create. New careers, new aspirations, new creatures, like Swamp Thing, HAHAHA. I could give them more ideas all day.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @cleo00 wrote: »
    @jackjack_k I see what you're saying and I agree to an extent, but they also are two totally different games. I've never, ever been able to look at 3 and say "this is just built on from 2" it just feels way too different. Don't get me wrong, I love ANYTHING sims I even went out and got myself a plumbob tattoo :D but there's just something about sims 2 maybe it's because I started playing it when I was like really young I can't math today I was born in 1996 and I started playing ts1 and then was geeked as plum with ts2 came out. Ts2 is my childhood and I still play it now and I love it so very much. It doesn't compare to 3 or 4 at all. And I would LOVE to see what they'd do with it if they kept doing things to it.

True but at the same time, if you look carefully a lot of the animations, interactions, facial expressions etc are the same, but EA did a great job is making sure it wasn't necessarily an obvious job.
  • Options
    dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    i wish modders could take the stuff in ts3 like carousel and make it usable with same animations in ts2
  • Options
    @dw4518

There are plenty of 3t2 things that work and for some household objects/furniture like all in one showers and remakes of 3 store stuff Veranka in my humble opinion is one of the best and I have used a lot of her conversions in my Sims 2 games for a while now with no problems. She also has 4t2 conversions which look great too.

http://veranka-downloads.tumblr.com/

As for the carousel when I first started playing 2 (not so long ago) I used the following version which has a working carousel that several sims can ride on, a small roller coaster, working bumper cars, a house of horror style ride and a clown etc and while it looks a little old its great to play in and I have not experienced any problems with the lot to date.

http://modthesims.info/d/213108

There is also a newer more recent version of a 3 carnival lot with a newer carousel I have not tried yet but the park is made by a creator I trust as I have already used plenty of her lots in my game without problems.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=574466

only 1 sim can ride the carousel as an animation, there are bumper car and Ferris wheel rides, an ice cream parlor where ice cream can be bought, a shooting game and whack a set from 3 carnival set, face painting and some 3 boardwalk items, shops, coffee and eating areas.

If you did not want to download the whole park the carousel, popcorn and candy machine can be found separately on the following link. You can also get 3t2 arcade machines and other carnival objects plus many other conversions on the same link. Again I use many of the items already in my game without problems.

http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/post/89993924360/ts3store-world-of-wonder-objects-converted-for

I hope you find something to your liking that may fit in with what you are looking for :)

• Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Bring sims 2 out of retirement they need more stuff just start making new content for them give them a facelift and open world and that will be all of a simulation game we will need.

Then simply play The Sims 3, it's like The Sims 2 but with open world, Create a Style and tons of Store items you can buy to expand your game. Maxis isn't gonna add nothing new to The Sims 2, obviosly.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    @Rflong7 wrote: »
    But it's not the same and it doesn't play the same nor look the same... So,... whatevs.

If you're referring about what I said about TS2 and TS3, they do play very similar and look very similar. Same animations, they share a lot of textures and facial expressions. Even down to the food they bring out of the fridge is from The Sims 2. They just change a few things to make sure there isn't traces of TS2 left behind.

latest?cb=20120225163925&path-prefix=fr
    qove6t.jpg

They literally took the Sims 2 and expanded upon it and changed some of the which is effectively what the OP wants EA to do with TS2.
    But the answer is they already did that. That may have meant changing other stuff, but it's effectively expanding on TS2 regardless.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Rflong7 wrote: »

If you're referring about what I said about TS2 and TS3, they do play very similar and look very similar. Same animations, they share a lot of textures and facial expressions. Even down to the food they bring out of the fridge is from The Sims 2. They just change a few things to make sure there isn't traces of TS2 left behind.

latest?cb=20120225163925&path-prefix=fr
    qove6t.jpg

They literally took the Sims 2 and expanded upon it and changed some of the which is effectively what the OP wants EA to do with TS2.
    But the answer is they already did that. That may have meant changing other stuff, but it's effectively expanding on TS2 regardless.

i disagree. they cut and chopped the sims 3 and they completely just chopped the sims 4. sims 3, and sims 4 make the sims 2 look like a masterpiece. sims 3 or 4 can not compete with the detail, and fun that was put into the sims 2 they made sims 2 before they got the idea to make customers pay for content that should come in a game like the sims.. EA got very greedy and they know that simmers are hard core and they decided to put a half baked game out just to charge a thousand dollars to make it fun how ever sims 4 has yet to be fun nor will it ever as far as i am concerned..
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    That's interesting to know, thanks! I loved the first Sims, and I really had fun with the Deluxe version, but I have to say that I have been the most impressed with the level of detail in Sims 2. I have not bought Sims 3 or 4, and from the sound of things, it doesn't seem that I'm going to want to. I'll probably stick with Sims 2.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I had this thread bookmarked for some reason and ran across it when I was cleaning out all my links. It must have been for the custom content circus/carnival stuff listed here that I had forgotten to download.

But I had a good laugh when some said TS3 is the TS2 just expanded. Just go play TS3 and it would be the same. Ahahaha. I don't think so. No matter what assets they can share, it's the difference of a memory system over a moodlet system. Once you understand how deep that runs whether a moodlet system or a memory system then you will understand the differences and why so many think TS2 is a deeper game and memory controls everything, it does for you, and it does for TS2 Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    I had this thread bookmarked for some reason and ran across it when I was cleaning out all my links. It must have been for the custom content circus/carnival stuff listed here that I had forgotten to download.

But I had a good laugh when some said TS3 is the TS2 just expanded. Just go play TS3 and it would be the same. Ahahaha. I don't think so. No matter what assets they can share, it's the difference of a memory system over a moodlet system. Once you understand how deep that runs whether a moodlet system or a memory system then you will understand the differences and why so many think TS2 is a deeper game and memory controls everything, it does for you, and it does for TS2 Sims.

I agree that the memory system of TS2 is different than TS3 but I have to accept that TS2 memory system is what made a lot of problems with sharing/saving/moving Sims between neighborhoods and players.

I also think* TS3 tried to fix it the best they could even if we missed the memory system. I like moodlets sometimes, I like Story Progression sometimes... I also like TS2 sometimes.

I won't forget that I waited years for some features of The Sims to be expanded and brought back into TS2... which never happened and was very disappointing to me.
    TS2 is fun, but it doesn't have all I hoped nor waited to be added. TS3 is fun but it doesn't have all I hoped and wanted. The Sims 4 just fell flat for me. Cute Sims- but I don't like the game play. I'll not wait for features in that iteration. :lol:
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

I agree that the memory system of TS2 is different than TS3 but I have to accept that TS2 memory system is what made a lot of problems with sharing/saving/moving Sims between neighborhoods and players.

I also think* TS3 tried to fix it the best they could even if we missed the memory system. I like moodlets sometimes, I like Story Progression sometimes... I also like TS2 sometimes.

I won't forget that I waited years for some features of The Sims to be expanded and brought back into TS2... which never happened and was very disappointing to me.
    TS2 is fun, but it doesn't have all I hoped nor waited to be added. TS3 is fun but it doesn't have all I hoped and wanted. The Sims 4 just fell flat for me. Cute Sims- but I don't like the game play. I'll not wait for features in that iteration. :lol:

I understand, but the memory system of TS2 is why Sims stay mad, they remember, the reason a Sim stays mad or sad in TS3 or TS4 is on a timer of how long a moodlet will last or influence something else. I just feel TS1 and TS2 got it right the first time, and I would love TS3 if it wasn't for the moodlet system that somehow changed them into 'watch the clock' Sims, so as soon as a moodlet was over (especially TS4) you could make them do something like get a promotion etc. TS4 has an even worse lamer moodlet system, but I feel memory built into the Sim is why they are more responsive to the other Sims or why they are not.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I understand, but the memory system of TS2 is why Sims stay mad, they remember, the reason a Sim stays mad or sad in TS3 or TS4 is on a timer of how long a moodlet will last or influence something else. I just feel TS1 and TS2 got it right the first time, and I would love TS3 if it wasn't for the moodlet system that somehow changed them into 'watch the clock' Sims, so as soon as a moodlet was over (especially TS4) you could make them do something like get a promotion etc. TS4 has an even worse lamer moodlet system, but I feel memory built into the Sim is why they are more responsive to the other Sims or why they are not.

I actually don't think any of them got it "Right." Some did it different.

It's not like Sims in TS2 will stay sad about their parents dying. They forget in a day or two. To me they seem to only remember being cheated on and burglars.
    Sims in TS2 will get a promotion even after catching their partner cheating... once you get their social and fun back up.

I do enjoy the Gossip more than the Memories of burglars that seem to last even after they're friends.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member

It's not like Sims in TS2 will stay sad about their parents dying. They forget in a day or two. To me they seem to only remember being cheated on and burglars.
    Sims in TS2 will get a promotion even after catching their partner cheating... once you get their social and fun back up.

I do enjoy the Gossip more than the Memories of burglars that seem to last even after they're friends.

Well, that's kinda more lifelike. Would you be able to ever fully trust someone who robbed you? :#
  • Options

Well, that's kinda more lifelike. Would you be able to ever fully trust someone who robbed you? :#

Sure. Don't you forgive if asked? And if they're friends... :)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

:D I actually got a mod to help prevent them from becoming friends once the rage wears off. That always drove me nuts. My I'm wanted to call the guy who robbed them..smmh NO!
  • Options
    @JULES1111 wrote: »

:D I actually got a mod to help prevent them from becoming friends once the rage wears off. That always drove me nuts. My I'm wanted to call the guy who robbed them..smmh NO!

It used to bug me too, now I ignore it. I remember letting my Sims kill a few burglars. XD (Cow Plant) XD