Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tweaking graphics card for better in game graphics

SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 2
After playing sims 2 for a while without too many issues I suddenly find kind of jagged moving edges around my sims and some objects which is not game stopping but aesthetically very unpleasant.

I googled the problem and tried to use something called graphic rules maker but it made no difference to in game graphics so I uninstalled it.

I was wondering if anyone could advise my on what else to try to make the graphics look better..

I am on windows 7 64 bit, with a Nvidia GTX 770 Graphics card and have no problems with in game graphics when playing sims 3&4

I have another problem now since I uninstalled graphics ruler I cannot remove the large black shadows underneath sims feet, the usual way I have done this before by is by setting shadows to medium but that's not working now so am wondering if there is any other way to remove them?
Post edited by SPARKY1922 on

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Did you follow the instructions for the graphics rule program? It should add your graphics card to your game and make sure you set it.

And this -http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569585 is a mod to help the shadows.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

I had not seen that link I was following similar info from the the graphic rules website. I did change some things but got confused about screen resolution as I never had a problem with that. Anyway after I uninstalled the Graphics ruler I read somewhere that if the shadows cannot be removed from under sims feet to try a graphics card driver update which I did and when I went back into game was able to remove the shadows and as an added bonus the update also appears to have corrected some of the bad graphics I was experiencing in game so I stopped meddling-)

I am weary about messing with graphics card stuff as I once lost my whole sims 3 game and had to reinstall everything after trying to get my game just to recognize my new graphics card and the memory of that escapade is never far away lol

Thanks for providing that link I will keep it in case I need to try again in future.. :)