Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you know...

Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 2
When Sims are playing Marco Polo in the Swimming pool if you listen closely they are saying Tim le and Tourneau for Tim LeTourneau the producer of The Sims 2

Also if your Sims' bladder is down and you don't let them leave the pool they will pee in the pool and the water turns blue where they are swimming.

Feel free to add more "Did you knows..." below
angrycat.gif

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I should listen closer- I never heard it.

Evil Kites can kill a Sim!
    Pets can go on walks and hikes with Sims
    I believe (if it's not a mod), stray and wolves that a Sim met can be invited to a party. :)
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Yes you are correct you can invite strays and wolves to a party lol. I did that once when I was trying to get my sim bitten by a wolf.

Also a little tip about wolves is I've heard (though not fully tested on my part but it has happened a couple times) that the more trees you have on your lot the more often wolves will visit.
    angrycat.gif
    I don't believe that's true, about trees and wolves. I used to have a visit from them every other night it seemed, on my Apocalypse lots. Not always babies and toddlers (another supposed reason they visit). I never put many trees on residential lots because I don't like all the leaves. :)

Take your pets to parks, other Strays will show up. It's a great way to meet more potential pets. :)
  • simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Evil Kites can kill a Sim!
    :o Did not know that! Must try it out, I just had a sim make an evil kite. >:)

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    I don't believe that's true, about trees and wolves. I used to have a visit from them every other night it seemed, on my Apocalypse lots. Not always babies and toddlers (another supposed reason they visit). I never put many trees on residential lots because I don't like all the leaves. :)

Take your pets to parks, other Strays will show up. It's a great way to meet more potential pets. :)

I had many trees on my lot and every day, at least one wolf visited my household.
    EgonVM wrote: »

I had many trees on my lot and every day, at least one wolf visited my household.

Really, Everyday? Because I did try this and it was not everyday. Define many? I had over 20... was that not enough?
    edited March 2016

Really, Everyday? Because I did try this and it was not everyday. Define many? I had over 20... was that not enough?

The website I read that from said something about 2 dozen tree which would be 24 trees. It said the more trees the better. I don't know if this is true or not it's just a tip I read to make spawning a wolf easier. Also putting a bowl of food out. I have noticed on my lots with more trees I have seen wolves more often than on lots with fewer trees.
    You can search google Sims 2 wolves and trees maybe you can find more info.

EDIT: Just found this "Base chance of wolf appearance is 2% per check, modified by the following:
    +1% per 4 standard trees - NOT orchard trees/shrubberies/flowers/houseplants/gardenplants
    +1% per 5 weeds
    +1% per 2 sims of child age or less.
    +5% per pet wolf"
    angrycat.gif

The website I read that from said something about 2 dozen tree which would be 24 trees. It said the more trees the better. I don't know if this is true or not it's just a tip I read to make spawning a wolf easier. Also putting a bowl of food out. I have noticed on my lots with more trees I have seen wolves more often than on lots with fewer trees.
    You can search google Sims 2 wolves and trees maybe you can find more info.

EDIT: Just found this "Base chance of wolf appearance is 2% per check, modified by the following:
    +1% per 4 standard trees - NOT orchard trees/shrubberies/flowers/houseplants/gardenplants
    +1% per 5 weeds
    +1% per 2 sims of child age or less.
    +5% per pet wolf"

I actually do know this. I don't remember the exact numbers. :)
    Which is not everyday but a chance for more. I have read it. I've been playing this since the day it was released. I still remember the Spaghetti theory. :lol:
    It supposed to increase but not necessarily everyday. As I said, I get enough wolves on Apocalypse lots without one tree.

And I remember reading that if there is a ghost wandering the lot there will not be a burglar nor an abduction.

You know there is one bunch of trees that look like a bunch of trees but are placed as one?
    Yes I've seen these they are a collection of pine trees.
    angrycat.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm didn't know that about the kites either!

I've been playing the sims 2 since launch and I've never had a sim bitten by a werewolf! Not sure why!

• LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    And I remember reading that if there is a ghost wandering the lot there will not be a burglar nor an abduction.
    I appreciate that sometimes unpredictable things do happen in game but for me, at the Goth home, Alexander got abducted by aliens whilst the ghosts of Gunther Goth and Agnes Crumplebottom were patrolling the house. :)
    Once at the Caliente home, the ghost of Michael Batchelor appeared on the first evening I played the Caliente girls and when the robbery took place, Michael duly frightened the burglar Amin Bear causing Amin to have "an accident" and fleeing the scene of the crime! :)
    I appreciate that sometimes unpredictable things do happen in game but for me, at the Goth home, Alexander got abducted by aliens whilst the ghosts of Gunther Goth and Agnes Crumplebottom were patrolling the house. :)
    Once at the Caliente home, the ghost of Michael Batchelor appeared on the first evening I played the Caliente girls and when the robbery took place, Michael duly frightened the burglar Amin Bear causing Amin to have "an accident" and fleeing the scene of the crime! :)

The burglar is scripted to happen at the Caliente house as long as they aren't moved out so to me anything with the premades isn't the same. imo :)
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    The burglar is scripted to happen at the Caliente house as long as they aren't moved out so to me anything with the premades isn't the same. imo :)
    My families with ghosts tend to be the premade families; I instruct a surviving Sim to send legacy graves to a Community Lot soon after the demise. I will keep the grave for a few days or weeks to see if a burglar shows up or if it has prevented a Knowledge Sim from being abducted by aliens. :)
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    > @Summerbear5 said:
    > Rflong7 wrote: »
    >
    > EgonVM wrote: »
    >
    > Rflong7 wrote: »
    >
    > I don't believe that's true, about trees and wolves. I used to have a visit from them every other night it seemed, on my Apocalypse lots. Not always babies and toddlers (another supposed reason they visit). I never put many trees on residential lots because I don't like all the leaves. :)
    >
    > Take your pets to parks, other Strays will show up. It's a great way to meet more potential pets. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I had many trees on my lot and every day, at least one wolf visited my household.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Really, Everyday? Because I did try this and it was not everyday. Define many? I had over 20... was that not enough?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The website I read that from said something about 2 dozen tree which would be 24 trees. It said the more trees the better. I don't know if this is true or not it's just a tip I read to make spawning a wolf easier. Also putting a bowl of food out. I have noticed on my lots with more trees I have seen wolves more often than on lots with fewer trees.
    > You can search google Sims 2 wolves and trees maybe you can find more info.
    >
    > EDIT: Just found this "Base chance of wolf appearance is 2% per check, modified by the following:
    > +1% per 4 standard trees - NOT orchard trees/shrubberies/flowers/houseplants/gardenplants
    > +1% per 5 weeds
    > +1% per 2 sims of child age or less.
    > +5% per pet wolf"

And this can be done with the base game, or you have to have an expansion pack? I have a CD that came with my game that says, "bonus content" but I haven't tried it yet. I also do have Sims 2 University, but again, haven't ever opened it and so haven't tried it, and therefore have no clue how it works, as I've never let my Sims grow up/get old because I have a tendency to get attached to my Sims and don't want them to die. Which is ironic since I would love to have a cemetery in the backyard, lol.

If I do crack open the University, how does it work? Because I am unable to run my base Sims 2 game without the CD, and I only have one CD slot for my OS. So if you have to have the University CD inserted to be able to play it, and you also need the Sims 2 CD in the slot, I'm in trouble.
    @SataiDelennn When you install an expansion pack you only need to have the most current disc in the CD slot.

Also the werewolves are included in the Pets expansion pack.
    angrycat.gif
    OK, thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have the pets one, which I'd love to have.
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    OK, thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have the pets one, which I'd love to have.

May I suggest you have a look at the Ultimate Collection. It isn't officially available anymore, but people have still been able to get it:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p1

It's free and contains everything.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    Is it safe to download? It's just that I really love my computer and won't touch Windows 10 with a fifty-foot pole because of everything Microsoft did, so I'm trying to keep my Windows 7 as long as I can.