Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I would die if we got this for TS4

13...Next

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2016
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Well I have been playing free play for nearly 8 months now because the sims 4 is still very boring.

It as more life stages and pets

Better and more content for baby's, toddlers, preteens and teens.

I unblocked so much content for all life stages and pets and community and residential lots.

It puts the sims 4 life stages and lack of family play and content to shame lol!

It even as a proper map view from TS2/TS3

I am playing Freeplay on 2 tablets (iPad Air 2 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2) and I am now at lvl 55 (Max lvl) and 54 at those devices. But I don't think that the game should be compared to TS4 because the games are different and have different focus. TS4 is much more about designing houses and creating sims than even earlier PC Sims games which instead had much more focus on creating social relations and taking care of families.

Freeplay is much different because it is in real time and is about leveling up and fulfilling quests and challenges. Creating Sims isn't really the focus in this game and for me it isn't about creating sims either. Social relations exist but they are not nearly as important than in earlier Sims games and you don't use much time on neither those relations nor on taking care of families. So the focus is on leveling up and fulfilling quests. But the result is a game which in my opinion is better than all similar games in the app stores. No other apps are even close to it in quality.
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2016
    Erpe wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Well I have been playing free play for nearly 8 months now because the sims 4 is still very boring.

It as more life stages and pets

Better and more content for baby's, toddlers, preteens and teens.

I unblocked so much content for all life stages and pets and community and residential lots.

It puts the too

s 4 life stages and lack of family play and content to shame lol!

It even as a proper map view from TS2/TS3

I am playing Freeplay on 2 tablets (iPad Air 2 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2) and I am now at lvl 55 (Max lvl) and 54 at those devices. But I don't think that the game should be compared to TS4 because the games are different and have different focus. TS4 is much more about designing houses and creating sims than even earlier PC Sims games which instead had much more focus on creating social relations and taking care of families.

Freeplay is much different because it is in real time and is about leveling up and fulfilling quests and challenges. Creating Sims isn't really the focus in this game and for me it isn't about creating sims either. Social relations exist but they are not nearly as important than in earlier Sims games and you don't use much time on neither those relations nor on taking care of families. So the focus is on leveling up and fulfilling quests. But the result is a game which in my opinion is better than all similar games in the app stores. No other apps are even close to it in quality.

The sims 4 looks very much like the sims freeplay from what I see from it and other simmers have said this to and why not compare these items in buy mode and create a sim.? It's the same sort of stuff from all the sims games, tho some changes were made with buy mode content with freeplay.

They did life stages better in it than the sims 4 and added more family play.

This is why I don't mind comparing some elements of it to the PC games.

I mean the sims 4 looked like a app game even before it came out.

Just my opinion of course and respect yours :)

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited May 2016
    I just saw this trailer for an Easter update for FreePlay, and I would literally die if we got something like this for TS4. It has Easter Eggs hunts, cute little bunny outfits, and most importantly, a chocolatier skill!

Why can't we have amazing stuff like this? :bawling::heartbreak:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqg2qr4v12A

Ohhh, if you would die, it's much better we don't get it for The sims 4. LOL

I have to say I really regret collecting that items

Why we can't eat them or the baked goods is one of the most annoying things in freeplay ;(

• Marysimmer1971Marysimmer1971 Posts: 20 New Member
    [quote="kinot9229;c-14647971"]The Chocolatier skill is amazing!!!
    But those little bunnies look a little creepy for me. :D
    Opps, maybe I watched too much MOONLIGHT MASSACRE III. :# [/quote]
  • Marysimmer1971Marysimmer1971 Posts: 20 New Member
    They are so cute the bunnies!
    I loved!!!
    Scary it does not have anything
  • saishousaishou Posts: 276 Member
    Oh my god that's so adorable; but yeah, TSFP could go for a little more variety. It's impressive already for a mobile game, but I feel like an update like this would be really fun to have on TS4
    Keep moving forward.

- My Art - Website - OriginID : saishou
    pv_by_sai_shou-dbye3yu.jpg
  • ciarassimmsciarassimms Posts: 39 New Member
    > @saishou said:
    > Oh my god that's so adorable; but yeah, TSFP could go for a little more variety. It's impressive already for a mobile game, but I feel like an update like this would be really fun to have on TS4

Does this work with Sims3?
  • SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
    *drools

We definitely need that for TS4, I wish we could have BARS of chocolate because to be honest the only chocolate things they have are probably the ice cream and the chocolate cake.
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    We need it
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
    Sephardic wrote: »
    *drools

We definitely need that for TS4, I wish we could have BARS of chocolate because to be honest the only chocolate things they have are probably the ice cream and the chocolate cake.

Agree

its such a odd thing for them to never have done some kind of sweet shop

• YInkaTemilolaYInkaTemilola Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Piperbird said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > We sort of do. What's the difference between purchasing and installing a new pack and buying an in game purchase on an app?
    >
    > That's actually why I miss the store. Now, if you want something, you pay $10, get that thing you want, plus a bunch of stuff you don't want and wont use. With the store I could pay a little for only what I wanted. (Plus you could watch ads for free coin, so I got so much for free, anyway.) ^_^
    >
    > It would be nice to have more skills in the game, though.

your so right. Some things in the sims 4 packs are dumb and I don't want. But I don't buy most packs because they aren't worth it and I won't even use them.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I still think it's weird that simmers requested both a chocolatier skill and a romantic tropical getaway and for some reason freeplay gets both. It's as if they'd read the Sims 4 forums to get new ideas.

Well then at least someone there does 😂

Sorry, just me being cynical.

ETA: oooops sorry, didn't realise how old this thread was. Apologies for necroposting.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    edited February 2020
    Freeplay, in my opinion, is like 75% of the games on mobile appstores--it's just an irritating cash grab. The biggest hassles were the real-time clock and online-always gameplay. That never worked on my tablets over the years--which were either cheap prepaid smartphones I never activated (and used like the iPod Touch) or just plain tablets (last one was a jailbroken Kindle Fire HD8 I sideloaded Google Play on). Which pretty much meant, once I left the house, I couldn't play the game.

• ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Why? Because of two things
    • We don't have to pay ingame money
    • It is way easier to program something like this into a phone app than it is into an full pc game

We sort of do. What's the difference between purchasing and installing a new pack and buying an in game purchase on an app?

That's actually why I miss the store. Now, if you want something, you pay $10, get that thing you want, plus a bunch of stuff you don't want and wont use. With the store I could pay a little for only what I wanted. (Plus you could watch ads for free coin, so I got so much for free, anyway.) ^_^

It would be nice to have more skills in the game, though.

@piperbird are you really comparing dlc to microtransaction? You mustn't care about your money, right? the pricing in microtransaction is way more expensive than a dlc would be.