Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims won't graduate!

Hi! I've been playing through six sims at university. I've had a glitch all the way through where they go to the university meet and greet everyday, and I've realised that there has also been one that has said each day is the first day of classes. Now, the option for graduating never came up. There was nothing at the annex, there was no push to go to graduation, and the information under the career tab didn't change. My last save was from the Thursday before final exams. Should I replay and see if things change, give up and have them all drop out of uni and cheat their diplomas into their inventories, or is there something I can do to fix this?? I don't have a save from before they started Uni.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    From what you've described, it does sound like that semester became a waste of time and is not fixable. If not averse to using mods once you get them home somehow, you could use NRaas DebugEnabler to grant your sims the credits they should have earned at the GPA they should have had. If that gives them enough to graduate, they get the robes, diploma, extra trait, and starting career boosts right away.

I'm afraid that without mods there really isn't a way to salvage things completely -- unless you have a way to cheat all the benefits of graduation in some other manner. There's always the honorary degrees they can purchase with LTR points, though.

With or without mods, it's a really good idea to make an extra Save As under a different file name before any kind of travel. Far too many games have gotten ruined, not so much because of borked graduations, but more along the lines of sims being unable to return home and the game just kind of...ends.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'll get them the honorary degrees (or use MC to boost how many credits they have done) and cheat their careers up to where they should be then. All of them should have graduated with A's as they were all on the Dean's list by the end of the two weeks. I'll forgo the extra traits but I'll go back to the save (Thursday), get them through the finals, and make sure I get some of the others to level 10 in Nerds or something (as I have already with two) and that will give them an extra trait instead.

I realise *now* I should have saved under a different name :) But since this was only the second time I'd used University, I didn't think of it before I sent them. I will hopefully remember in the future :)

Thank you for your advice!
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on