Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers need to be given to us in a *FREE* patch! NOT in any form of DLC!

123457...Next

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    If Toddlers comes along, the basic transition stage would need to be a free patch, like Pools. Then they can (and will) charge for a Generations-style expansion on it, just like Perfect Patio and Spa Day expanded on pools.
    The problem is that there isn't any attractive way for EA to add toddlers at this late stage of the game's development. But the options are:

1. To make a toddler GP which contains toddlers and objects for toddlers.
    2. To include toddlers in a Generations EP where toddlers and objects for toddlers are about half of the content.
    3. To include toddlers in a free update but without any of the necessary objects for toddlers so people will be forced to buy an overpriced SP which EA then releases with toddler beds, toddler toys and toddler clothes (otherwise toddlers would then have to always wear some ugly simplified clothes which they got in the free update and have no toys).

But neither a toddler GP or a Generation EP (which focused mainly only on toddlers) could probably be expected to sell well enough and the "solution" in point 3 above would probably just make a lot of people angry ;)
    Or option 4, provide basic toddlers in a free update followed by a school and/or generations EP that expands all the life stages equally. I'm ok paying for premium objects for toddlers, but a single pack dedicated only to them, I'd be bored with and no I wouldn't pay for a base game life stage when I much rather have preteens and a life state fill that part of the EP budget. The Sims 4 EPs area actually pretty tiny in comparison to past iterations. Funny people think that an EP can handle two life stages and family play and and a life state and a new world all in one pack. If anything GTW and Get Together has taught us is EPs can't handle much. They are mostly build and buy mode and CAS focused just like all the other packs. Not really much a difference between GPs and EPs other than price tag now that I think about it. There is no reason why toddler toys should only be contained in one pack. Maxis could profit off of the life stage just like all the other life stages easily especially considering how popular toddler CC were in the Sims 2 and 3. The Sims 3 Store toddler stuff was quite popular too.
    The Sims Freeplay has preteens. But I see them just as renamed children. Maybe it would be reasonable to include them in TS4 even if they only differed from children or teens by their height. But it would be very expensive to include them just for this reason because all their clothes and all their interactions with both objects and all other sims would have to be made once more because the game has no functioning interactions for sims with a new height. I don't believe that EA will make them for that reason because EA probably doesn't believe that people will pay a lot of money just to get a new height between children and teens.

Toddlers should have been in the basegame because it would be much more expensive to add them now. But EA apparently wanted TS4 to focus more on CAS and buildmode and less on babies, toddlers, children and teens who only could be repetitions from the previous games. So EA simplified babies and teens and omitted toddlers so Maxis could use their resources on CAS, buildmode, new emotions and multitasking instead. But EA can't use the same money twice so I am therefore quite sure that EA won't give us toddlers in this game. People who can't play without them will therefore almost certainly have to switch back to TS3 or wait for TS5.
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    I have thoroughly read through this forum and OMG!!! *Takes a deep breath* Okay so first off I totally agree with the OP and most of what everyone is saying. But I also noticed that no one 'here' commented 'here' that Dine Out was something that was supposed to be free or already added to GTW yet I bet sales were high on that one. How is it that you can make a bakery but couldn't own a restaurant? It's probably mentioned somewhere in the forums but I haven't looked....yet!

The battles back and forth were very entertaining but u all do realize that we're suppose to be on the same team right? Mostly every poster here wants toddlers and believes that toddlers should have been in the BG but there are different opinions on how we should receive it now. I am with the free patch group of y'all. It should be free because u can't honestly tell me that they couldnt "fit it in" the BG. If that was the case then how were they able to get Elders? or better yet any of the other stages besides YA?

That's what this game has really been based around;YA and partying with friends. If this was meant to exclude family based players and appeal to a younger audience, why include any of those stages at all? So yes toddlers should be free not paid for bcuz yes they do owe us. Think about it: what really came in the base game that was worth $60-$80? Hmm the basic needs items, some clothing, OoOo pretty graphics!! A pool...nope a patch, easier building (only slightly better than TS3's latest upgrades) OH I KNOW! Ghost and a family tree....Ehh no! Again those were patches.

So yea I hope u catch my drift. TS4 was suppose to go upwards not backwards. A lot of items, content, gameplay that should have been from jump as a so called "New Gen" game, should have been better and not just be great bcuz u can die from laughing or 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ur pants.
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
    Don't u just wish u could go back to the days when Maxis was on their own and didn't have to bow down to EA.......*sigh*
    My own musing.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
  • altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    My reasoning for not wanting toddlers in an EP isn't so much that I wouldn't want to pay for them as much as it is that being in an EP would mean they were stuck there with little other content throughout future expansions. That would just be so disappointing and sad, and for that reason, I wouldn't shell out money for them.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited August 2016
    Don't u just wish u could go back to the days when Maxis was on their own and didn't have to bow down to EA.......*sigh*
    My own musing.
    No because the games from Maxis weren't very good back then. The only game still remembered is probably SimCity while games like SimEarth, SimLife, SimFarm, SimTown, SimGolf, SimPark, SimTunes and SimSafari already have been forgotten a very long time ago ;)

If Maxis hadn't been bought by EA I believe that the Sims 1 most likely would have been marketed as SimDollhouse and I don't believe that the Sims series then would have been successful. Most of the Sims 1 expansions would then probably never have been made and the Sims 2 surely wouldn't either ;)
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2016
    But I also noticed that no one 'here' commented 'here' that Dine Out was something that was supposed to be free or already added to GTW yet I bet sales were high on that one. How is it that you can make a bakery but couldn't own a restaurant? It's probably mentioned somewhere in the forums but I haven't looked....yet!

I've never seen any indication from anywhere that Dine Out was "supposed to be free or already added to GTW". Maxis told us outright all along that GTW was retail - object-selling - not service. Restaurants are an entirely different mechanic from object-selling. There's never been any statement at any time that this was meant to be free, either.

Also, what is this "same team" idea? We're all different people with different tastes and different opinions and different ways of playing the game. It's okay for us to want or expect different things.

Anyway, I've always said that toddlers will be patched in because
    (1) it's not worth the massive outcry from selling them to us
    (2) their gameplay can be expanded on in paid content if they're patched in
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited August 2016
    I've been considering this. There was a thread in general actually, that did so. I'm taking into account the club system and the foods for the restaurants.

With the game being a live service and them constantly adding club rules, there seems to be no reason that they couldn't put them in a pack and still update them. I'm not arguing for or against in any way. I'd like proof if you're going to try and refute.

Also, what is this "same team" idea? We're all different people with different tastes and different opinions and different ways of playing the game. It's okay for us to want or expect different things.

Same team meaning people who have that one thing in common: wanting toddlers. Yes u are entitled to ur own view and opinion but at the root of it we all just really want toddlers so we should be sticking together not arguing.
    Erpe wrote: »
    No because the games from Maxis weren't very good back then. The only game still remembered is probably SimCity while games like SimEarth, SimLife, SimFarm, SimTown, SimGolf, SimPark, SimTunes and SimSafari already have been forgotten a very long time ago ;)

If Maxis hadn't been bought by EA I believe that the Sims 1 most likely would have been marketed as SimDollhouse and I don't believe that the Sims series then would have been successful. Most of the Sims 1 expansions would then probably never have been made and the Sims 2 surely wouldn't either ;)

Sure they helped enhanced it but I think Maxis would have gotten there on their own had they tried and most people I talk to still enjoy the pre-EA games to this day. So I guess it's a matter of who u talk to. I still love TS1 even tho it was a "dollhouse" game.
    ~~~Lala B~~~

I've never seen any indication from anywhere that Dine Out was "supposed to be free or already added to GTW". Maxis told us outright all along that GTW was retail - object-selling - not service. Restaurants are an entirely different mechanic from object-selling. There's never been any statement at any time that this was meant to be free, either.

I wasn't talking about it being an "official" statement just that, in my opinion, it's still own a business and selling a product so why not have include it in GTW? It's just like they are selling us bits and pieces of what should have been in various EPs and the BG. I'm just agreeing wit a number of people who have posted on here.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I wasn't talking about it being an "official" statement just that, in my opinion, it's still own a business and selling a product so why not have include it in GTW? It's just like they are selling us bits and pieces of what should have been in various EPs and the BG. I'm just agreeing wit a number of people who have posted on here.

It's a totally different mechanism from retail sales, not the same coding. To include it in GTW would have meant watering something else in it down. That said, I think it would have been a great thing to have broken up GTW anyway - a GP for the active careers, and a GP for retail. An EP for retail + restaurants would have worked well.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited September 2016
    Yea I am not the only one who was thinking Dine Out should have been apart of GTW, I mean at the end of the day its a job/own a business element that should have been added to the EP to make it fuller and more enjoyable. LGR says a bit of the same in a recent vid himself so I know I'm not the only one who thought this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqaprLT7zic
    ~~~Lala B~~~
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited September 2016
    Yea I am not the only one who was thinking Dine Out should have been apart of GTW, I mean at the end of the day its a job/own a business element that should have been added to the EP to make it fuller and more enjoyable. LGR says a bit of the same in a recent vid himself so I know I'm not the only one who thought this.

LGR hit the nail on the head. This game is a joke, it needs to be over with.

2 EPs in two years a no show at E3...yeah bye TS4:(

Side note and 11k simmers agree from seeing the thumbs up on his video lol.
  • OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    If people thought toddlers were so important, they wouldn't mind paying for them. If people thought they were so great and without them, they can't play the game, they wouldn't mind paying for them.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I was thinking about when they could be added for fun factor. Spring Holiday? Sims 4 3rd anniversary? (aged 3 is a toddler age if I ever knew one) Winter Holiday next year? Or Autumn in general as a harvest/generation pack?

How would you like toddlers introduced? I am sure ideally you would like to wake up one morning and they just magically be there hehe, or the case argument they should already be there - but lets set that aside for a minute.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Nectere wrote: »
    I was thinking about when they could be added for fun factor. Spring Holiday? Sims 4 3rd anniversary? (aged 3 is a toddler age if I ever knew one) Winter Holiday next year? Or Autumn in general as a harvest/generation pack?

How would you like toddlers introduced? I am sure ideally you would like to wake up one morning and they just magically be there hehe, or the case argument they should already be there - but lets set that aside for a minute.

They could introduce them this winter as a free patch and another boring SP cuz u know those aren't gonna stop anytime soon. Maybe a real holidays pack with much more then the free stuff we got a couple years ago. Or maybe something new and different; a GP with a different vacation world that you can bring your newly acquired toddlers to along with the rest of your family.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
  • mikeslovemikeslove Posts: 74 Member
    I personally don't like toddlers; however, I believe they will added soon and it will be a free patch. Why would they have given us nannies when babies are basically objects and children don't need supervision? And if they're going to add toddlers, I'd rather them be as bug-free as possible. I applaud EA for taking their time to tweak them and make them as complete as they can be before the next GP, SP, EP, or patch. Of course, this is just my opinion, so feel free to tear it apart. :p
    Happily Simming since 2008.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

He hit a lot of great points and unfortunately for ts4 i agree with him completely...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2016
    I have thoroughly read through this forum and OMG!!! *Takes a deep breath* Okay so first off I totally agree with the OP and most of what everyone is saying. But I also noticed that no one 'here' commented 'here' that Dine Out was something that was supposed to be free or already added to GTW yet I bet sales were high on that one. How is it that you can make a bakery but couldn't own a restaurant? It's probably mentioned somewhere in the forums but I haven't looked....yet!

The battles back and forth were very entertaining but u all do realize that we're suppose to be on the same team right? Mostly every poster here wants toddlers and believes that toddlers should have been in the BG but there are different opinions on how we should receive it now. I am with the free patch group of y'all. It should be free because u can't honestly tell me that they couldnt "fit it in" the BG. If that was the case then how were they able to get Elders? or better yet any of the other stages besides YA?

That's what this game has really been based around;YA and partying with friends. If this was meant to exclude family based players and appeal to a younger audience, why include any of those stages at all? So yes toddlers should be free not paid for bcuz yes they do owe us. Think about it: what really came in the base game that was worth $60-$80? Hmm the basic needs items, some clothing, OoOo pretty graphics!! A pool...nope a patch, easier building (only slightly better than TS3's latest upgrades) OH I KNOW! Ghost and a family tree....Ehh no! Again those were patches.

So yea I hope u catch my drift. TS4 was suppose to go upwards not backwards. A lot of items, content, gameplay that should have been from jump as a so called "New Gen" game, should have been better and not just be great bcuz u can die from laughing or plum ur pants.
    The pools at least are better than in Sims 3 (they're especially very limited where it comes to communicating while in the water, which always irks me, and the ability to sit on the edge is a great addition as well). Ghosts however are a huge downgrade and the family tree as I understand it has many flaws.

Not sure they 'owe' us anything, I can perfectly understand they have to make choices for the game and what was free in the predecessor doesn't necessarily have to be in the next version, nor does it automatically have to be free this time around when added imho. That is, if there would be alternatives in the game that are new and exciting, but it's exactly that what was and is lacking. And on top of that we're talking about a life stage here. To me that's the core of the game. Playing your sim's life from the cradle to the grave. Now, I can imagine a life simulation game doesn't necessarily have to focus on that, but in that case it should come with a mighty good alternative and it doesn't.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    I haven't read the entire thread but EA really knows how many people want this. And I also think they aren't afraid of charging people for it. People will buy it anyway. And it will give them a lot of money.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)