Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers need to be given to us in a *FREE* patch! NOT in any form of DLC!

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I hate to think that the 'glory days' are over but I think things will go one way or another. TS5 could be really good, the devs listen to players and we get what could be the best in the series.

Either that or we will end up with something else dull.

I will be waiting for the best but still expecting the worse
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I admit I play apps, but the Sims version of them is very grindy. I've restarted the Sims Freeplay so many times. XD The Sims is just a game that shouldn't be confined just to mobile because it gets dull fast. It needs other platforms especially PC too. I just wish desktop and laptop were treated as separate platforms for the next Sims game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    PC should be priority of The Sims.

The Sims started on PC and it should always be on PC as well. Nothing against the consoles as their had their own following but The Sims is all about PC and it should be offline as well!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I hate to think that the 'glory days' are over but I think things will go one way or another. TS5 could be really good, the devs listen to players and we get what could be the best in the series.

Either that or we will end up with something else dull.

I will be waiting for the best but still expecting the worse
    As I see it the problem is that the developers listen much more to EA than to the players (because the developers have to if they don't want Maxis to be closed down or restructured!). But EA doesn't listen to us at all. Instead EA just wants the Sims games marketed to the youngest and most inexperienced teens who also only have cheap computers. Therefore the game is as it is.

I hope for TS5 to become better too. But EA decides and my only expectation is that EA wants the game to once more become quite different from the previous big Sims game. Apart from that I can't guess much about TS5 - except that it still almost certainly will be mainly targeted at young teens and therefore have a low difficulty degree and low minimum requirements. I expect toddlers (and maybe the open world too) to return though - but not the Sims 5 to be too similar to the Sims 3 anyway because EA wouldn't like that at all.
    @Erpe Interesting points.

I don't want the game to be too easy though, I do like seeing myself overcome the challenges which I have done well with over the past 7 years of TS3 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    I don’t want TS5 to be a mobile app either, nor do I want it to be online. The Sims is a game where customisation is extremely important, every simmer can ‘create their own game’, by which I mean that players can create their own environments and characters and play there, which makes The Sims different to other games and appealing to many players. Sadly, TS4 changed that direction and I worry TS5 may be worse, although I really hope not.
    The main difference between mobile apps and PC/console games is that the latter can be a hobby, and the former are usually just something simple to kill time, at least that’s how I regard them – I play them very rarely, and it’s usually 2048, Sudoku, Angry Birds or something similar to make the time pass faster when I’m waiting for a bus or in a similar situation. I don’t want The Sims to end up like that.

As for toddlers, I agree with the OP, that’s what I think about how toddlers should be added into the game.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
    I am starting to get so worried about these mobile apps that I have started a thread to try and provide as much support for PC games as possible.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Voeille wrote: »
    I don’t want TS5 to be a mobile app either, nor do I want it to be online. The Sims is a game where customisation is extremely important, every simmer can ‘create their own game’, by which I mean that players can create their own environments and characters and play there, which makes The Sims different to other games and appealing to many players. Sadly, TS4 changed that direction and I worry TS5 may be worse, although I really hope not.
    The main difference between mobile apps and PC/console games is that the latter can be a hobby, and the former are usually just something simple to kill time, at least that’s how I regard them – I play them very rarely, and it’s usually 2048, Sudoku, Angry Birds or something similar to make the time pass faster when I’m waiting for a bus or in a similar situation. I don’t want The Sims to end up like that.

As for toddlers, I agree with the OP, that’s what I think about how toddlers should be added into the game.
    I am sure that EA will still make both mobile Sims games and the big PC Sims games with a huge number of expansions as long as they sell well enough to be profitable.

Your view at mobile apps is too limited though and you seem to imagine that the development of mobile devices won't make more progress. But this is very unlikely. Actually mobile devices are already able to run games which PCs couldn't run about 15 yrs ago and in the future the most likely thing to happen is that the differences between the power of mobile devices and PCs will become much smaller - just like it has happened with laptops which earlier didn't have enough power to run the big games which therefore only would work on the then much more powerful stationary computers ;)

So maybe 10 to 15 yrs from now my guess is that the only important difference between mobile devices and PCs is their size. Laptops will probably disappear and be replaced by hybrids which will be big mobile devices with touchscreens and removable keyboards but with more power than the laptops we have today ;)
    Erpe wrote: »

I am sure that EA will still make both mobile Sims games and the big PC Sims games with a huge number of expansions as long as they sell well enough to be profitable.

Your view at mobile apps is too limited though and you seem to imagine that the development of mobile devices won't make more progress. But this is very unlikely. Actually mobile devices are already able to run games which PCs couldn't run about 15 yrs ago and in the future the most likely thing to happen is that the differences between the power of mobile devices and PCs will become much smaller - just like it has happened with laptops which earlier didn't have enough power to run the big games which therefore only would work on the then much more powerful stationary computers ;)

So maybe 10 to 15 yrs from now my guess is that the only important difference between mobile devices and PCs is their size. Laptops will probably disappear and be replaced by hybrids which will be big mobile devices with touchscreens and removable keyboards but with more power than the laptops we have today ;)

Interesting points.

I did start a thread on the subject but it got moved to Off Topic and has died already :/
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I really hope we'll get a TS5, and it better not be a mobile app! :( I tried Sims Freeplay for literally five minutes. I downloaded the app, opened it, had a look around, and then deleted the app. That was just not for me!
    @Krisha880 I have done that with apps before. I am not really interested in them and get bored of them quickly
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Krisha880 I have done that with apps before. I am not really interested in them and get bored of them quickly

Yeah, I've done it with other apps as well, but I really LOVE the Sims series, and that's why I know that if TS5 is an app, I'm completely done with the Sims *cries*
    Krisha880 wrote: »

Yeah, I've done it with other apps as well, but I really LOVE the Sims series, and that's why I know that if TS5 is an app, I'm completely done with the Sims *cries*

If TS5 is an app then I'm gone for good!

I have voiced my concern already but my thread got shifted to Off Topic and no one has replied since

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

I have voiced my concern already but my thread got shifted to Off Topic and no one has replied since

There's probably not that many people hanging out in the Off Topic section :/
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    (...)
    (...)

I know it’s making progress, technology in general is making progress and that’s a good thing :) I just described what I use mobile apps for, and doubt it’d change. If I want to play immersing in-depth games I want to do it on a computer at home, not using a small mobile device. And I don’t think that mobiles will have been equal to high-end PCs by the release date of TS5, so if it’s a mobile app, it won’t be as complex as a game designed solely for PC.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
    (...)
    (...)

I know it’s making progress, technology in general is making progress and that’s a good thing :) I just described what I use mobile apps for, and doubt it’d change. If I want to play immersing in-depth games I want to do it on a computer at home, not using a small mobile device. And I don’t think that mobiles will have been equal to high-end PCs by the release date of TS5, so if it’s a mobile app, it won’t be as complex as a game designed solely for PC.
    The Sims 5 won't be a mobile app because mobile devices still can't handle such a huge number of big expansions. So EA will probably either make mobile versions of the a Sims 5 too (like they did with the Sims 3) or maybe make a new version 2 of the Sims Freeplay instead. But there are already a few big PC games (like Grand Theft Auto and the big UFO games) that already are available on the strongest tablets and there will soon be many more such games. I just believe that it will take a few years more before the biggest Sims games also will be available on tablets (iOS and android). The reason is both those games' many expansions and the fact that EA wants the Sims games to run on low-end devices too because EA sees those games as targeted mainly at the youngest and most inexperienced teens.

But we should discuss the Sims 4 here instead ;)

I do see a few threads in there and do e rep,yes but for some reason OT never really took off on this forum
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited May 2016

I do see a few threads in there and do e rep,yes but for some reason OT never really took off on this forum
    Offtopic forums usually mainly attract young teens who want to discuss their school and play forum games. So I wouldn't want to discuss ideas for the Sims 5 there. If we want to discuss the Sims 5 and other possible Sims games in the future then we should instead have a dedicated forum area for such discussions. A good name for such an area would be Ideas for future Sims games.
    @Erpe I agree, an Ideas for future games are should be set up because I always get my TS5 ides threads sent to OT so I just don't bother anymore

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited May 2016
    @Erpe I agree, an Ideas for future games are should be set up because I always get my TS5 ides threads sent to OT so I just don't bother anymore

Or it could be called "Ideas/phantasies about future Sims games". I know that the developers would read such an area even though they usually wouldn't be able to give us comments. At least 95% of our ideas they would have to ignore. But they could still find a few ideas which they would want to investigate further when they began to work on a new unannounced game ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • simmersgalsimmersgal Posts: 3 New Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Such a long essay.

To be honest I haven't seen anyone say that they should be included in some kind of pack. What people are saying, is that they expect them to be worked on with an Expansion budget like Generations and patched in a week before.

My opinion;

If getting Toddlers in the Sims 4 through an Expansion pack is the only way to get them, and that's all there is, then sure. If I had the choice of getting them through an Expansion or not at all, I would pick Expansion.
    We got A LOT of extra stuff in the base game that usually came with Expansions. Heaps of objects, venues, gameplay that I usually have to pay for.

Also, if Toddlers came in a Generations Expansion, I wouldn't really have an issue. Because if Toddlers were patched in I would be buying Generations anyway.

I would however REFUSE to buy a Game Pack bases around Toddlers. That would be a kick in the face.
    I don't mind them being included in an Expansion that is based around families and it would be silly to beg for Toddlers and then not want a family EP.

But a Toddler Game Pack is just pushing it, because it's $20 just for Toddlers.

---

They SHOULD patch them in for free, but if EA being EA say it has to be paid DLC, they better include it in an Generations/Family EP.

I will not pay $20 for a Toddler GP.

Same. I think they should be free. Why would they sell toddlers for almost the same amount of mony the game was
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The thing about expansions and stuff is that they need to be able to work with any combination of both free and DLC. After all, a person might buy Kids Room and Dine Out, but that doesn't mean they have Get Together or Spa Day. But Dine Out needs to work regardless of what somebody does or doesn't have.

If Toddlers comes along, the basic transition stage would need to be a free patch, like Pools. Then they can (and will) charge for a Generations-style expansion on it, just like Perfect Patio and Spa Day expanded on pools.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    If Toddlers comes along, the basic transition stage would need to be a free patch, like Pools. Then they can (and will) charge for a Generations-style expansion on it, just like Perfect Patio and Spa Day expanded on pools.
    The problem is that there isn't any attractive way for EA to add toddlers at this late stage of the game's development. But the options are:

1. To make a toddler GP which contains toddlers and objects for toddlers.
    2. To include toddlers in a Generations EP where toddlers and objects for toddlers are about half of the content.
    3. To include toddlers in a free update but without any of the necessary objects for toddlers so people will be forced to buy an overpriced SP which EA then releases with toddler beds, toddler toys and toddler clothes (otherwise toddlers would then have to always wear some ugly simplified clothes which they got in the free update and have no toys).

But neither a toddler GP or a Generation EP (which focused mainly only on toddlers) could probably be expected to sell well enough and the "solution" in point 3 above would probably just make a lot of people angry ;)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016
    Loanet wrote: »
    The problem is that there isn't any attractive way for EA to add toddlers at this late stage of the game's development. But the options are:

1. To make a toddler GP which contains toddlers and objects for toddlers.
    2. To include toddlers in a Generations EP where toddlers and objects for toddlers are about half of the content.
    3. To include toddlers in a free update but without any of the necessary objects for toddlers so people will be forced to buy an overpriced SP which EA then releases with toddler beds, toddler toys and toddler clothes (otherwise toddlers would then have to always wear some ugly simplified clothes which they got in the free update and have no toys).

But neither a toddler GP or a Generation EP (which focused mainly only on toddlers) could probably be expected to sell well enough and the "solution" in point 3 above would probably just make a lot of people angry ;)
    Or option 4, provide basic toddlers in a free update followed by a school and/or generations EP that expands all the life stages equally. I'm ok paying for premium objects for toddlers, but a single pack dedicated only to them, I'd be bored with and no I wouldn't pay for a base game life stage when I much rather have preteens and a life state fill that part of the EP budget. The Sims 4 EPs area actually pretty tiny in comparison to past iterations. Funny people think that an EP can handle two life stages and family play and and a life state and a new world all in one pack. If anything GTW and Get Together has taught us is EPs can't handle much. They are mostly build and buy mode and CAS focused just like all the other packs. Not really much a difference between GPs and EPs other than price tag now that I think about it. There is no reason why toddler toys should only be contained in one pack. Maxis could profit off of the life stage just like all the other life stages easily especially considering how popular toddler CC were in the Sims 2 and 3. The Sims 3 Store toddler stuff was quite popular too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller