Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers need to be given to us in a *FREE* patch! NOT in any form of DLC!

Comments

• sheikahwarrior93sheikahwarrior93 Posts: 5 New Member
    It would be brilliant to see toddlers come back to The Sims 4 however I highly doubt that they will make an appearance in this game. Perhaps in TS5, if it should ever happen, but not in TS4. There's been enough of a noise made in the community and the developers haven't done anything (yet) to state that toddlers are coming to the game so I'll be surprised if we see them in TS4.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I'm really tired of even seeing the word 'toddler' at this point and they're likely not working on anything which will lead to addition of that life-stage to The Sims 4.

Pretty sure they'll add them. A lot of people want them so they'll add toddlers and say "hey, we listen you!"
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I'm really tired of even seeing the word 'toddler' at this point and they're likely not working on anything which will lead to addition of that life-stage to The Sims 4.

I agree it got old months ago but many of the fans who want them think there's hope since they're asking for their ideas in the main toddler thread. That doesn't really mean anything because those are just ideas to consider if they're planning on working on toddlers
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Where is that thread where they asked about it?
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Where is that thread where they asked about it?
    Nevermind they didn't ask but it's one of the top threads in sims 4 discussion and one of them said it's for people who want toddlers to discuss what they want only so I didn't comment there
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Evil_One which explains exactly how and why they keep having such poor reputation issues. The only way to change that around would be to deal with that invasive sort of attitude from the top down. Shame that Andrew Wilson doesn't seem to have been able to change it around quickly enough if he ever will be able to. It certainly seems ingrained at this point.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    @Evil_One which explains exactly how and why they keep having such poor reputation issues. The only way to change that around would be to deal with that invasive sort of attitude from the top down. Shame that Andrew Wilson doesn't seem to have been able to change it around quickly enough if he ever will be able to. It certainly seems ingrained at this point.

@sparkfairy1 It always has been ingrained with EA, in all the time they've been around I don't think they've ever had a 'good' reputation, but it's gotten a lot worse in recent years.

I see Erpe's comparing apples to oranges again.
    raw
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Evil_One Apples and oranges? You wrote: "(coincidentally the only company in the world to call its customers entitled is, surprise, surprise... EA)." - and of course I will have to agree if you only want to consider game companies who make Sims games to be played on a PC ;):D
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    WHO wouldn't want something for free? And WHY would you be willing to buy back parts of the game?

edited March 2016
    Erpe wrote: »
    @Evil_One Apples and oranges? You wrote: "(coincidentally the only company in the world to call its customers entitled is, surprise, surprise... EA)." - and of course I will have to agree if you only want to consider game companies who make Sims games to be played on a PC ;):D

Yet in both of your examples, only posters/contributors were calling gamers whiny and entitled... Neither of which AFAIK have ties to the gaming companies.

A certain EA­xis COO (who sadly cannot be mentioned in an unflattering light thanks for forum censorship) on the other hand has gone out of his way to be offensive to fans and has himself called gamers, entitled, stu­pid, ETC... EA is the only company to have done that and not retracted it or apologised to the fans!
    raw
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I hope it's an update
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Im not sure if we could get toddlers for free, considering thats probably a lot of extra work. I guess they couldn't include everything in the Sims 4 as they wanted to work on new features.

However if they included toddlers in a Generations EP along with many new features then I'm sure it would be worth buying.

Considering they state how they listen to our feedback and made a thread for this topic I can't see how they would encourage us to keep discussing it only to not insert this in the game and let many people down.
    Im sure it will come in time, hopefully in the next EP!
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    i tried to read through the whole thread, but just had to stop due to all the back and forths and the comments about them not ever adding toddlers to the Sims4.

I do agree with everything the OP said. I agree toddlers should be patched in for free with a few basic items, skills and aspirations and followed up right behind with a Generations EP ( to be honest, I would rather have a toddler GP and a separate Generations EP to give equal billing to the other life stages ) to fully dress/play/expand upon.

• vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    For the sake of the fans, I just want toddlers to be returned and done the right way period. I hope toddler and generation fans get what they want and soon.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    To be honest I am starting to think that toddlers could be here next year.

I have no hints, no official information, just speculation but maybe the second EP of next year, if there are two EPs or maybe even a GP could bring toddlers?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I have no hints, no official information, just speculation but maybe the second EP of next year, if there are two EPs or maybe even a GP could bring toddlers?

It seems by how late it is in the year already, we probably get one EP this year, and I doubt it has toddlers, so yeah. If ever maybe next year. It seems impossible they could build two EPs this year and it already mid May.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

It seems by how late it is in the year already, we probably get one EP this year, and I doubt it has toddlers, so yeah. If ever maybe next year. It seems impossible they could build two EPs this year and it already mid May.

I think that is understood that it will not be toddlers this year but next year does seem slightly more possible and the way things would work out there could be two EPs a year again next year.

Toddlers could be back by late 2017, if not then by that date they really will be pushing it a bit...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited May 2016
    Tbh, I'm not really sure I want toddlers now. It is certain that they will not be here before the 2 year mark and I really don't feel that we should've been made to wait this long for such a crucial feature. 2 years? That's a long time to wait, imo, for anything.

I just can't shake the feeling that EA/Maxis are royally taking the biscuit and I don't like it. This is not how one is supposed to feel about a company. And the game just feels like poison to me now. When I sit and really think about it, I honestly don't even know if I'd play it with toddlers, supernaturals or whatever else. I think it's the soul of this game that is rotten. Nothing will fix that.

--T

ETA: censored a word that shouldn't be censored but oh well, idek about this site anymore lol
  • PrincessVenniePrincessVennie Posts: 36 Member
    If will be no toddlers in TS4 in a year, we riot.
    @To7m I agree. Despite some signs of improvement being attempted I feel that TS4 is too far gone to try and draw me in. There seems to be no sign of a CAW tool or even neighbourhood editing and no one knows about Pets or Seasons which are usually two of the most requested EPs so it seems to be a very slow and long uphill struggle and when you finally get there, there is another kick to push you downhill again.

Oh well, I guess that we will have to wait for TS5 and see if that is any good and if it s not, then it will be a goodbye to seeing a good Sims game again

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited May 2016
    @To7m I agree. Despite some signs of improvement being attempted I feel that TS4 is too far gone to try and draw me in. There seems to be no sign of a CAW tool or even neighbourhood editing and no one knows about Pets or Seasons which are usually two of the most requested EPs so it seems to be a very slow and long uphill struggle and when you finally get there, there is another kick to push you downhill again.

Oh well, I guess that we will have to wait for TS5 and see if that is any good and if it s not, then it will be a goodbye to seeing a good Sims game again

Personally, that original, low blow tweet from whichever Guru is was stating there will not be a TS5 (if TS4 doesn't do well*)says a lot to me.

I don't see there being another Sims game. But that's only what *I* think. I could be wrong.

--T

*Elaboration.
    @To7m I am not sure of what to make of that tweet myself. I am hoping that there are enough people buying the game to fund a TS5, after all TS3 players did fund TS4 so we should get something in return ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I can't put my eggs in that basket either, because since they have changed to mobile it may be a mobile game and worse than this one. I think the glory days of The Sims are over actually. Not saying they can't build smaller games with smaller content and apps and all that which people will buy but I think The Sims are actually long gone.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

I can't put my eggs in that basket either, because since they have changed to mobile it may be a mobile game and worse than this one. I think the glory days of The Sims are over actually. Not saying they can't build smaller games with smaller content and apps and all that which people will buy but I think The Sims are actually long gone.

IF they are focusing on just mobile games then they can forget about it.

Seriously, mobile games are cheap apps and it is not unknown in my circles that I do not use apps!

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I don't play mobile app games either. I can't stand them. If that's the route EA are taking then they'll lose me as a customer based on that alone. But I agree @Cinebar, I too, feel the glory days are done.

--T