Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do I keep the items in my personal inventory when I move out of my parent's house?

I have created this family with 4 children. The goal was for them to be a filthy rich family. The family has gotten quite wealthy now and some of the children have gotten older and are ready to become young adults. I want to maintain the wealth from generation to generation, so I basically want all of the kids to start out with quite a bit of money when they move out. I want them to start out richer than the average sim. The mother in the family is an amazing painter, so I basically had her paint a ton of amazing paintings. Each kid has about $15,000 worth of paintings in their inventory.

I just want to know if they will keep those paintings when they move out, so they can sell them for the money?

And is there any other way (aside from stuffing their personal inventories full of items) to make sure that my sims from wealthy families start out wealthy when they move out on their own.

Comments

• Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    It's best to give them a good job like that fits their skills well and aspirations

or you could bribe the wishing well with a high sum of simoleons ( if you have Romantic Garden ) for fountains of cash
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2016
    If it's in personal inventory, it will stay with your Sim. Household inventory doesn't. And yes, anything in personal inventory can be sold.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited March 2016
    Depending on how much you want the sim to end up with, I always put the most valuable items from the catalog in the sims inventory. But personal paintings are a nice touch.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    Depending on how much you want the sim to end up with, I always put the most valuable items from the catalog in the sims inventory. But personal paintings are a nice touch.

Yes, I was thinking of doing something like this, but I wanted the story to seem more natural. Like, his mom, who is a gifted artist, passed down all of these priceless paintings to her son. lol.
  • Options
    Update: It worked. I sold all of the paintings and his starting funds went from $20,000 to $54,000.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    It was very nice reading the background details to your sims family. It is special that the mother has painted pictures and given them to her children. I hope that the children enjoy their new stage in their lives in their new homes.
  • Options
    legolizeitlegolizeit Posts: 51 Member
    This reminds me of how in Sims 2 I would use a similar method to allow my wealthy families to send their kids to college with a "college fund". They would go to university with helicopters in their pockets! I wish the Sims games would have evolved by now to include a more sophisticated banking system without needing mods.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I also would stuff there backpacks (S2) with expensive vases and other stuff. But I would keep the stuff low cost so then if they needed just a little at a time they could sell. They would also go with several musical instruments, and have major band jams at college, 6-8 different Sims at a time, good bonding, reach level 10 easy. I miss the jams.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    I am going to put a couple of those $15,000 violins in my sim's pockets when he becomes a young adult and moves out.