Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lost Sims

I have a feeling that I know the answer to this but...

Is there any way to get the gravestones of sims who died in a non-active household? I had an older sim move out and before I got round to check on him, he snuffed it. There is no gravestone/urn at his house. Is there a way of making/creating/forcing the gravestone?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello,
    I am sorry but there isn't a gravestone/urn when a sim passes away when you are not playing that household. You need to be playing the household or witnessing the death to have the gravestone.
  • cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I'm with you. I guess I can see that ghosts and urns and dead sims can cause a lot of issues for the game, so I do understand the developers' thinking...somewhat. At the same time, I miss having all the tombstones and cemeteries. In fact, I want a "funeral" option in the events category, only, please, without a "to-do" checklist.

I loved having cemeteries in Sims 2 where my sims could go to pay their respects to the deceased.

Another thing I miss is having paintings increase in value after a sim's death. One of my best pop artist sims died in a tragic fire when he was still young. His wife and son kept a lot of his paintings, only now they just say they're painted by "blank". I hate that. I really hate that.

The artist and all memories of him have been totally removed by the game. That's wrong. There's got to be a better way.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I've noticed some elders passed away in my game but the game never bothered to tell me someone passed away unless it was the active household :/
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I think one of the sims games (can't remember which one) that let you go to the graveyard and 'manage the dead'. You could pick up the tombstones/urns of dead sims. That'd work, then they wouldn't be clogging up the game unless you specifically asked for them.

I like the idea of a funeral too, see,s like an easy enough one to add on. (Says the expert on computer game programming *eye rolls* :D )
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    All played sims should have a way for us to get an urn or grave stone when they die - whether or not we are playing on their lot at the time. If the sim is a user made or a user played household it should be a priority for us to be able to get the urn or tombstone. The Sims team need to really bring back real graveyards with the Mausoleum and the ability for us to manage the playable graves, stones, and urns. That way if a sims die - then the urn needs to be immediately shipped to the mausoleum on lots where no other sim is present when they die. I can see not leaving the graves and urns on the lot if the sim is the last person left in a household, but that sims family deserves the right to retrieve an urn or tombstone and either put them in the graveyard or add them to their family graveyards.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm with you. I guess I can see that ghosts and urns and dead sims can cause a lot of issues for the game, so I do understand the developers' thinking...somewhat. At the same time, I miss having all the tombstones and cemeteries. In fact, I want a "funeral" option in the events category, only, please, without a "to-do" checklist.

I loved having cemeteries in Sims 2 where my sims could go to pay their respects to the deceased.

Another thing I miss is having paintings increase in value after a sim's death. One of my best pop artist sims died in a tragic fire when he was still young. His wife and son kept a lot of his paintings, only now they just say they're painted by "blank". I hate that. I really hate that.

The artist and all memories of him have been totally removed by the game. That's wrong. There's got to be a better way.

Actually, I'm curious to see what the "to-do" checklist might be at a funeral. But, I agree. We should have them back.

@cully_c That would be Sims3.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/