Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is some of the party stuff missing - I saw some stuff in a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QVGVy3Shzw

At 0:24s into the video:

Does that stuff exist in game:
The hand rattle thing that they had in TS3 when it was someone's birthday.
The party popper thing.
The plastic trumpet.
Basically, the confetti stuff.

Are they in TS4 - I've never seen them?

Then again, I've never seen a birthday in TS4 - is it birthday stuff.

Comments

• Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    Those are all animations that are associated with a sim doing an age-up interaction on a birthday cake. Any sims nearby will do a random one autonomously.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    Those are all animations that are associated with a sim doing an age-up interaction on a birthday cake. Any sims nearby will do a random one autonomously.
    Ah, I've never actually aged up any Sim in TS4.
    I've never seen one die either.

I guess I am playing it wrong.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    More often than not I don't get to see them in game because the TS4 sims seem to be a bit short on attention span. They'll start to celebrate with the birthday sim and then wander off to do something else instead of actually celebrating, but that stuff is actually there. I had one sim who always stopped what he was doing to go celebrate other's birthdays so I've gotten to see them. He may be...no, I'm sure he is THE only sim I've ever had to actually celebrate :D Those crazy sims and their tiny attention spans!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I have seen those things in "debug" too. Not confetti though. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Yep, all those items are in the game and have been since launch. Sims auto use them to celebrate an aging-up sim. Sad thing is you can't direct a sim to use any of the items as they aren't unlocked for general game play.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.