Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Stuff Packs do you think are worth buying?

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
The Sims 4 (as of March 2016) has 6 Stuff Packs, each cost $10. There are some Stuff Packs that I and some Simmers question if they're worth buying?

Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, and possibly Romantic Garden are arguably the most useful Stuff Packs due to how useful their included objects are. The Hot Tub lets you get some buffs (e.g., Focused), the Ice Cream let's you get certain effects based on flavors, and the Wishing Well is probably worth it. However, there are probably 3 other Stuff Packs that are questioned if they're worth buying which are Luxury Party, Spooky and possibly Movie Hangout. The former two bias towards parties while the latter is focused on movies.

Barkyard and Kids Room depends on the Simmer: the former for the backyard and the latter for children. Players who have a backyard on their lots will find use of Backyard Stuff but players who don't have a backyard, especially when City Life's Apartments appear, might not find this Stuff Pack useful. Simmers who tend to play Households with children (especially Family players) will find Kids Room useful but those who only use Adults or Elders (especially with Aging off) probably won't find the Stuff Pack useful.

I haven't tried the Movie Hangout Stuff so I don't know much about it other than the Movies you can watch with the SP.

What Stuff Packs do you think are worth buying?
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
Post edited by WinMacSims3 on

Comments

• shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    My real answer would be that all of the packs are lacking and I didn't really find that any of them added enough items. I own all of the stuff packs and felt a bit ripped off by them.

However, for the sake of diplomacy, if I had to pick some based on concepts, I would say cool kitchen stuff is a great concept. It's very universal. Everyone (or pretty much everyone) has a kitchen in their sim's house. More kitchen stuff is always a good thing. Perfect patio stuff is a good concept for a stuff pack as well for the same reasons.

I think Spooky Stuff is not horribly useful and it should not have been its own pack. They should have done the same thing with spooky stuff that they did with the Christmas stuff, which is make it free.

So, if I had to pick packs that were worth buying, I guess I would go with cool kitchen and perfect patio.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Well, I bought them all, so I may not be the one to advise you.
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    I bought them all as well. I use the hot tub from Perfect Patio and the popcorn maker from Movie Stuff in every household. Occasionally I'll add the pumpkin carving table from Spooky Stuff.

I don't ever use the wishing well from Romantic Garden, the ice cream maker from Kitchen Stuff or ANYTHING from Luxury Stuff.

Hope that helps!
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Romantic Garden stuff pack. It's my favourite so far. I just love the romantic touch to it.
  • pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    I actually think Cool kitchen is one of the best stuff packs since, as I saw someone mentioned above, every sims household has a kitchen and the clutter that comes with the pack is really neat. My favorite stuff packs besides that is Movie stuff and Romantic garden. They both have some really nice CAS- and builditems.

The stuff packs I never use is Spooky stuff pack and the same goes for Luxury party pack, except for some dresses occasionally. They are, imho, not worth buying.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Personally none of them are worth having. I don't use the ice cream maker or the popcorn maker and Spooky Stuff isn't good unless we have seasons.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • NightRevoltNightRevolt Posts: 43 Member
    Well, i do plan on getting them all, because i truly feel uncomfortable if i can't take the full advantage of all the things the game can offer me.
    With that said, maybe it is true, maybe some Stuff Packs aren't worth the money (Do notice i'm brazilian, so the packs are actually more expensive than 10$ for me) but i really can't help it, once i'm able to, i'm getting them all.
    0mc8IBj.png
  • AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Stuff pack wise I've only bought movie hangout and romantic garden because those are the ones that appealed most! I'm more impressed with movie hangout for the new colourful and weathered furniture. I'd say they were both worth the simoleons. Thinking of getting patio stuff I need some hot tubs in my spas :(
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Much depends on your gameplay and style preferences, of course, but I've found that I use the sparkly formalwear from Luxury Party a lot (it's great for Aliens, entertainers, and rich Sims with questionable taste), I enjoy the movies and popcorn from Movie Hangout and use the decor more than I thought I would, and I love the garden decor and the fountain from Romantic Garden and like that I can use the wishing well to generate a bit of unpredictability when I'm comfortable with that. I have Perfect Patio and Cool Kitchen but use them less in practice.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    Well I have Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen and Movie Hangout stuff, so obviously those are the ones that I thought were worth buying.

I use the outdoor furniture and decor that came with Perfect Patio all the time to make beautiful outdoor entertaining areas. The hot tub is amazing, but the only problem I have with it is so far, my Sims don't seem to stay in it for long, they get distracted and get out of it very quickly...That may just be my sims though! Oh well, the pack was still worth it for the other stuff it came with.

Cool Kitchen stuff, I can't really fault it, I love the modern style kitchen it came with, and the really nice decor items that it came with are cute, and it came with a solid selection of new CAS stuff. The different ice creams are cool to make too. It would have been nice if it came with another kitchen style, but still a good pack.

The bright colours and boho styles of Movie Hangout stuff took some warming up to, but now I love the bright colours and patterns, and I really like the clothes it came with for both men and women. So far though, only one of my Sim families have been lucky enough to have a cinema lounge built into their home, and I've set up a public one in the Ancient Ruins. So most of the time my Sims are just watching the movies on their normal TVs. But they watch them all the time so that's good! I really like that after the movie your Sims can chat about the scenes or the actors in the movie, and declare their favourite genre etc... really neat feature :) The only thing that annoys me about this pack is that the Sims tend to go a bit "Musical Chairs" while watching the movie projector screen :/ Oh well. And lastly, I'll be honest, I haven't even tried the popcorn machine yet! But either way this was a good pack and was worth it!
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I haven't really gotten any of the stuff packs. None of them had really screamed: "YOU NEED THIS!" the way Get to Work and Spa Day did. However, I absolutely love the concept of the Garden pack and I for sure will be getting that one~ I generally watch a few videos on YouTube and check out the items on the in-game previews whenever a new pack comes out before I decide if I want to buy it. :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    The ones you mentioned as worthwhile -- perfect patio, cool kitchen and romantic garden are IMHO the best to start off with if you have not purchased an,y before. Movie Hangout would be next on my list. Luxury pack was lame Imo. Spooky stuff had more items in it, but if you're not into Halloween then best to skip it. if money is an issue, you can just buy two now and then later on some more; they'll always be for sale and maybe go on sale or be bundled later on
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I haven't bought any. I've heard a lot of players say that they enjoy the new content for a short time and then get bored again.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Spooky Stuff and Romantic Garden Stuff. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • usa3766usa3766 Posts: 55 Member
    Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen, and Romantic Garden are all a waste. The only stuff packs I have found use for, to be honest, are the Movie Hangout stuff and Perfect Patio. Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen, and Romantic Garden you can live without. Not only do they not give a lot of content the stuff in them is pretty useless and more than likely will come at another time. Cool Kitchen brings dishwashers (free update), Romantic Garden only has I believe 4 plants... but yet it's for gardens, and Luxury Party isn't necessary unless you're wanting a buffet table that you could create yourself by just cooking a bunch of food. Perfect Patio stuff comes with an assortment of objects that's very attractive and useful, BUT when a hot tub expansion comes out or game pack Perfect Patio will become useless unless you want what it comes with. I really liked Movie Hangout stuff. The Bohemian theme brought something new to include into your house and the movies are pretty neat to watch also the clothing is abundant IMO. Spooky Stuff WILL BE USEFUL when a SEASONS expansion is released, but as of right now you can't do much with it. I recommend getting it if Seasons comes out though and it's similar to Sims 3 with Spooky Day.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited March 2016
    I haven't bought any because I'm not interested in them enough to pay the $10. A lot of it looks like stuff we'd get during a free update mixed in with 1 or 2 gameplay items
  • shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    Well, i do plan on getting them all, because i truly feel uncomfortable if i can't take the full advantage of all the things the game can offer me.
    With that said, maybe it is true, maybe some Stuff Packs aren't worth the money (Do notice i'm brazilian, so the packs are actually more expensive than 10$ for me) but i really can't help it, once i'm able to, i'm getting them all.

I know the feeling. This is how I am about expansion packs. Even when they seem stupid (like get together), I feel like I need to get them to complete the game.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I bought all of the stuff packs and from my experience the best answer I can give you is "depends on your gaming style". I'm the type that will use a little bit of everything in the homes I create, or the outfits I put together.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    Perfect Patio is IMO the best, along with Romantic Garden Stuff Pack (even if this came with less things, the objects are wonderful, and it's worth the price).
  • KnoxhoodKnoxhood Posts: 266 Member
    edited March 2016
    I was lucky to get every stuff pack for $5 each and because of this, I think every stuff pack is worth the price so maybe look around for a few vouchers :smile: . If I had to pick stand out ones I use mostly : Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen and Luxury Party Stuff as they add perfect furniture for my modern house builds and the outfits are great (esp in Luxury party) for my rich sims.
    EA ID: Knoxhood
    VzZNxCw.gif
    PC Specs: Corsair 760T Black Case, Intel core i7 6700K CPU, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Mobo, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 Geil 2400MHz RAM, 2x 240GB HyperX Savage & Samsung 850 EVO SSDs, 9TB WD Red HDDs, ID-COOLING FrostFlow 240L Red LED CPU cooling,750W PSU.
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    As for now, I own Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden and Movie Hangout, and I think all of them were worth buying. I doubt that I'll ever buy any of the other ones, not because they seem bad (the ice cream machine, for example, seems like great fun), they just don't seem necessary to my taste and style of playing.
    I love halloween, costume parties and having my sims throw parties overall, so Spooky Stuff was fun - I love to see what costumes my guests will show up in. The pumpkin carving station was sweet and I love that ghosts are able to wear the pumpkins on their heads. The items were cute, and I have some of them for everyday use - such as a quirky household with a ghost sofa and such.
    Romantic Garden has got some wonderful content - I'm not that good at making gardens, but the statues and the other decorative items were absolutely lovely. The clothes are neat. The wishing well is great fun, and the, eh, butt fountain is sweet and fun for children and playful adults. Not to mention the baroque music... God, I love that channel. I often find myself blasting that music until some sim get tired of my personal preferences and switch to alternative or something.
    Movie Hangout is great fun, I like the quirky furniture and clothes and I love those dreadlocks that come with it. The concept of a movie night is fun and sweet, I like the interactions such as discuss actors, declare favourite genre and so on. The popcorn maker is nice as well, the sims are so cute eating their popcorn, haha.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I've only bought Movie Hangout Stuff and I want Romantic Garden just for the new gameplay thingies. I don't really care about the rest, I'm not paying 10 bucks for a hot tub that is supposed to be in the base game (Even The Sims 1 had hot tubs in base game). It's a slap in the face to the fans.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I do have all Stuff Packs, but I seem to use Romantic Garden and Perfect Patio the most. So, I would say those are most worth buying.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I've bought all, however I would not advise to buy the Halloween pack & Luxury party. The Lux party is ok I guess but the worst pack so far has to be the halloween. Sorry EA
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • IlliyeaIlliyea Posts: 41 Member
    I have the cool kitchen stuff and the romantic garden packs. Personally I would skip the romantic garden. Unless you like to spend large amounts of time putting in small details or have a very particular idea for a space the pack is somewhat pointless and a waste of $10. Go with the kitchen stuff every sim has a kitchen and it makes things more versatile.
    Completed Challenges:
    Living off the Land, Tiny Living, Tudors Challenge, 100 baby Challenge
    Challenges in Progress:
    Parentcy Challenge, Royal Family Legacy
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top