Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a question about is it safe to do or not, I'm wanting to avoid game corruption.

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I have read that you don't want to resurrect certain ghost, because something about partial files, and could cause game corruption if those ghost are resurrected. The reason I'm asking is Mortimer Goth is wanting to resurrect four of his dearly departed family members, and they are Victor and Gretle Goth, and Gunther and Cornelia Goth. Is it safe to resurrect those sims, or is is best to leave them dead?

This question is about deleting lots. Is it safe to delete lots from the bin, and or from the town itself, as long as there are no sims or ghost on that lot? I know you are no suppose to delete houses or lots with ghost on it because it will cause game corruption, but these would be those without.

Now my third question doesn't have anything to do with game corruption, but something I am just now noticing. Every so often in a sim's want, it is outlined in blue. What does that blue outline mean?

Comments

• DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    I don't know about the first two questions, but wants and fears that have a blue outline are ones that affect the influence bar.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thank you.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Answer to first question.
    Yes, it is best to leave them dead. They are pre-made ghost and have incomplete character file, and some even have unused hair, clothing and more.
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Question 2, as far as I know as long as there are no Sims, no Ghost, no Gravestones...it is completely safe to delete houses from the bin. It is NOT safe to delete sims ever...kill them and move them to a community graveyard.
    angrycat.gif
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @EgonVM

I am still getting used to the corruption concerns relating to death in the sims 2 but when I noticed your comment regards leaving them dead I was wondering if that included getting a sim resurrected by the Grim reaper via the career reward grim reaper phone?

I have not tried this method yet but have this phone installed on the home lot just in case a sim dies and am assuming if the grim reaper allows a sim back to life then that would not create any sort of corruption?

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @EgonVM

I am still getting used to the corruption concerns relating to death in the sims 2 but when I noticed your comment regards leaving them dead I was wondering if that included getting a sim resurrected by the Grim reaper via the career reward grim reaper phone?

I have not tried this method yet but have this phone installed on the home lot just in case a sim dies and am assuming if the grim reaper allows a sim back to life then that would not create any sort of corruption?

This is still not a good idea. It actually does the same thing.
    @EgonVM

So let me try to wrap my head around this then, if the grim reaper is pleaded with and allows the sim to live while the sim is in the death throes so to speak this cannot cause any corruption right?

If the grim reaper phone is used to bring a sim back that can?

why does this cause corruption is it because the game thinks the sim is dead even when they returned/remained alive?

Is there a safe way in sims 2 to bring back a dead sim that does not cause corruption?

Sorry to be a pain asking more questions about this but since I started playing Sims 2 I have been overly cautious regarding putting my Sims in potential danger situations as I don't like to loose them unless I choose it lol
    edited March 2016
    The only sims that are safe to resurrect would be those who were alive, but died during your game play. Any sim who are dead before you started playing that world up would not be safe to bring back.
    @EgonVM

Thanks I will try to be even more careful now lol
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    The worst issue with the "unsafe" sims are lack of personality traits meaning all traits are set to zero. You might max them by paying Grim Reaper betweeen §4,128 and §8,612.
    @BoergeAarg61

Thanks for that extra info something else I had never heard of that could cause problems :)
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2016
    Ok. I had Darleen Dreamer resurrected. She lives with Darren Dreamer in Pleasantview, and have a pretty good life despite her zero personality traits. One precausion is avoiding showers as she has no neat points.

Edit: The resurrected sims might also steal newspapers from the households in the neighborhood. From my point of view, that behaviour adds fun to the game as most sims don't read the newspapers anyway. Avoiding showers and stealing newspapers are basicly all there is to the "unsafe" resurrected adult sims. Child and teen sims might lack grades, too.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    It is safe to resurrect already dead sims if you use Tarlia's cleaned up neighbourhoods. As she cleaned and fixed all the dead sims. http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
    edited March 2016
    @LaBlue0314

Thanks I only ever intended to bring back sims in families I was playing if I could as I hate to loose them..

@BoergeAarg61

After your comments about personality points and how they effect game-play and possible death hazards I know I have a lot to learn about this game :)

@FearlessButterfly

I have seen that link before about uber or clean neighborhoods and have put it on the back burner to look at as a future a project as I still have so much to learn about this game I doubt I would understand properly right now :)

one other question I have is when the reaper stops someone dying as other family members plead for his life it leaves a small heap of ash behind that can be swept up and put in the bin, as this was the first family in this house is it safe for me to delete it if I move this family into a new home?
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    I've never had any issues with the piles of ash, the ghost is connected to the urn or tombstone, not the ash.
    @LaBlue0314

Thanks for that clarification much appreciated I can move my family now :)