Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Medieval?

sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
edited December 2022 in The Sims Medieval
I didn't know where to put this, but I was wondering if some people play/have played Sims Medieval to share what it's like?

And - people have recently talked about wanting murder in Sims 4 (which I'm pretty much against actually) but I feel like a medieval expansion pack would be pretty cool. I for one love books that are set in medieval times with nobility and such, and if it's like the Sims Medieval, I would (for one) be very interested.

Feel free to share your thoughts :blush:
and maybe direct me to someplace I can learn more about Sims Medieval? Thankyou :heart:
toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited March 2016
    I still play it and I enjoy it.

Its like the sims but with little quests to do as you build your kingdom up. If you have the chance to play it you oughta give it a go!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Medieval

there is also info and stuff at:
    http://modthesims.info/t/forumdisplay.php?f=640
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I still play it and I enjoy it.

Its like the sims but with little quests to do as you build your kingdom up. If you have the chance to play it you oughta give it a go!

Thankyou! I don't know whether it would work on my computer however, because some souorces have said that it doesn't work for Windows 8, so would it work for Windows 10? And, if you don't mind me asking @ladybreid , what windows do you have?
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I run it on 10 and on 7, not sure about 8
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I run it on 10 and on 7, not sure about 8

Thankyou! I might just go and buy it heehe
  • Niki110287Niki110287 Posts: 110 Member
    I still play Sims Medieval. I have the base and it's one expansion. It's a fun little game that I wish had continued. I play it on 10 and it runs great for me.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited March 2016
    It's pretty fun though I actually liked Sims Castaway better. But the setting is great and I like how you have to choose a negative trait for one of your traits. It's a bit more rpg than normal Sims games. You essentially choose a class to play and fulfill quests but it still has the sandbox to it as well.

ETA: I would enjoy an historical gamepack of some sort.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    There's also a dedicated forum section where you can ask questions and discuss it too:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-medieval-general-discussion-
  • ANIMALSadorerANIMALSadorer Posts: 56 Member
    It's a good game, but a bit repetitive and difficult.
  • AshleySimmerAshleySimmer Posts: 75 Member
    I rarely play it, but its enjoyable. Sometimes difficult :)
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I sank a really good amount of time when I got the game a few years ago. I stopped playing as I lost the disk while moving around. :(

It's super fantastic, I loved the quests & the overall feel of the game. I actually prefer goal orientated games so it was right up my alley :blush:
    Other than that I was a little gutted there was no continuation.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @Savage_Patch_Kidd if you still have the booklet with your registration code, you can register it on Origin and download it. Don't worry about the disk. My disks kept causing my game to corrupt - not sure what the problem was - but I have not had an issue since downloading and running from Origin.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    @1need4kaffee Sweet as cheers mate~! :smiley:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    sophtastic wrote: »
    I didn't know where to put this, but I was wondering if some people play/have played Sims Medieval to share what it's like?

And - people have recently talked about wanting murder in Sims 4 (which I'm pretty much against actually) but I feel like a medieval expansion pack would be pretty cool. I for one love books that are set in medieval times with nobility and such, and if it's like the Sims Medieval, I would (for one) be very interested.

and maybe direct me to someplace I can learn more about Sims Medieval? Thankyou :heart:

I made a page on Facebook out of most of my photos and experience with the game. You find it here: https://www.facebook.com/thesimsmedievalpiratesandnobles/

• djaykay88djaykay88 Posts: 8 New Member
    I think it should be popular on the wave of the game of Thrones. Has anyone tried to sim the characters? :)
  • LyokoWarriorLyokoWarrior Posts: 8 New Member
    I play it from time to time, wish they expanded on it with some variety. They had a great concept to work with
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I didn't like it too much back when it was released. I thought that it needed more depth, content, and open world options. But it's an uncut gem that could've been more. And compared to shallow millimeter depth of ts4, it's at least a meter long.
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    sophtastic wrote: »

Have you played The Guild yet? This might be another game you'd be interested in. It too is a life simulator, that follows your character's family as they start a business and grow it into an influential commerce guild.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Mine plays medieval just fine on win10. I recommend it, it's definitely different in a good way.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top