Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @EmmaVane
    Children skills work great for toddlers too indeed, I'm just not sure where potty training would fit in those. Walking could be motor, talking could be social. Perhaps as a fifth minor skill ?

I'm not sure either. Maybe Mental for knowing when to go before it's too late (has to be learned) or Social because they receive praise when they manage it on their own?
  • Options
    peppapig1993peppapig1993 Posts: 243 Member
    Like the OP mentioned, I would love to see the multitasking to be present when interacting with toddlers. It makes it way more realistic to have parents juggling a child while trying to call a friend! Also bring back playing in the toilet interaction! Basically I would like to see all the interactions we had in sims 3 and objects inc strollers come back but with the sims 4 multitasking :)
    Origin ID: zobosims
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Toddlers selfie would be cute

800e601869e67e86ca515e82d54669ea.jpg
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Sennie wrote: »

Yes me as well @Cinderellimouse :) !! I love all of these ideas and would LOVE to see them all in The Sims 4 <3 If all of this is added then The Sims 4 will become my most favouite Sims game of all time!!! :)

Matthew.

Same here. I already love TS4 but there are so many things that I miss. If/when we get features like toddlers back I'll be thoroughly addicted!

And those costumes you posted are adorable!!! I need those in my simming life!

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I think an adult sim well trainned as a toddler about the potty thing should be less prone to wet itself, kind of giving this bladder need some extra motivation (I do think this is this way in real life either...)
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    sarallissarallis Posts: 77 Member
    Everyone's ideas are just great!! I miss the "family" enjoyment I got from playing previous Sims games. Nearly everything I want has already been listed, so I just came here to say, YES! Please YES let them be working on toddlers. It adds a totally different style of game play and I miss it!! Thank you for this thread and it's nice to read so many great ideas!! Get's me so hopeful!!

Happy Simming!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Before I head off for the evening I wanted to come in and say that I am moving this to the general discussion area.

Please do not comment in here with "I don't want toddlers" or anything of the sort. This is an ideas thread for those players who do and what they would like to see from this life state and it should remain as such.

@SimGuruDrake we've been moved again?
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I would like gameplay challenges to be introduced with toddlers, and to apply to all pre-teen children. Like needing to pay for childcare if both parents work, and possibly a choice of two qualities costing different amounts. The expensive option teaches the child skills, including potty training for toddlers etc, while the cheaper one leaves the parent (player) to need to see to skilling the children. The expensive childcare option should also take care of the child doing their homework so the player doesn't have to sort that out either.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    @EmmaVane
    Children skills work great for toddlers too indeed, I'm just not sure where potty training would fit in those. Walking could be motor, talking could be social. Perhaps as a fifth minor skill ?

I'm not sure either. Maybe Mental for knowing when to go before it's too late (has to be learned) or Social because they receive praise when they manage it on their own?

I would have put it in motor for knowing their body :D
    Well at least, it's not creativity... unless the devs want to try something with potty training and inspired emotion :p
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    mmmm, to "ideas corner" we go???
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    161275810_winter-baby-infant-toddler-panda-costume-fleece-romper-.jpg

4dca5dbbf937bb3f76ce00221077091f.jpg

to add to my post i had would love onsies liked this for them.

also to have the little knee pads that toddlers can get like this
    Free-Shipping-font-b-Toddler-b-font-font-b-Knee-b-font-font-b-elbow-b.jpg
    so they don't hurt their little knees if they fall while walking
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I would like gameplay challenges to be introduced with toddlers, and to apply to all pre-teen children. Like needing to pay for childcare if both parents work, and possibly a choice of two qualities costing different amounts. The expensive option teaches the child skills, including potty training for toddlers etc, while the cheaper one leaves the parent (player) to need to see to skilling the children. The expensive childcare option should also take care of the child doing their homework so the player doesn't have to sort that out either.

And the option to call a family member/friend to babysit. They wouldn't be controllable, but the child could request they do things like cook or help with homework.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited March 2016
    Aww - back to the ideas corner :(

Toddlers should be expanded on in other SP's, GP's and EP's! That's important to me!

Edit: They should be patched in, so we can get content and interactions for them in other packs as well.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »

Toddlers should be expanded on in other SP's, GP's and EP's! That's important to me!

Sorry I don't understand what that means? :) Do you mean we should get content for them in stuff, game and expansion packs?

Matthew.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited March 2016
    Sennie wrote: »

Sorry I don't understand what that means? :) Do you mean we should get content for them in stuff, game and expansion packs?

Matthew.

Yes, they need to be patched in, so we can get content and interactions for them in other packs, like Pets and Seasons!
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Before I head off for the evening I wanted to come in and say that I am moving this to the general discussion area.

Please do not comment in here with "I don't want toddlers" or anything of the sort. This is an ideas thread for those players who do and what they would like to see from this life state and it should remain as such.

She may have moved it to General for a bit to give it some exposure, then moved it back to Ideas since, technically, these are ideas. It would be kind of unfair to other idea threads if this one got longer, better exposure.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

She may have moved it to General for a bit to give it some exposure, then moved it back to Ideas since, technically, these are ideas. It would be kind of unfair to other idea threads if this one got longer, better exposure.

Haha it was there for barely a few hours, not sure much exposure would come from that.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OKKK This has to be the best thread in the general section after a long time.
    Love all the ideas here.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

Edit: They should be patched in, so we can get content and interactions for them in other packs as well.

I know what you mean and I agree. If we got the toddler basics in a patch, it leaves it open to get a lot more content in the future. Like if we got pets, then toddlers could sleep in the pet basket, eat pet food (eww), and cuddle the dogs and cats like in older games.

If we got toddlers in a pack, then it makes it more difficult to add extra compatible content, and less likely to get additional items in the future.

• Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member

Haha it was there for barely a few hours, not sure much exposure would come from that.

True. Hopefully she'll respond and we'll find out. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Animations more into depth. Ideas also.
    The walking animation should be more wobbly with a hand swinging movement.
    The crying face expressions could range from sad face and tear drops to crying and screaming.
    Drinking from a bottle, they should tempt to tilt the bottle w/ cheek drinking animations.
    When sleeping different positions may vary sucking tumb, laying on tummy/back.
    When playing with toys toddlers could bounce up and down while sitting, showing excitement. (Presumably with Mood related to that)
    Toddlers could possibly use furniture to grab onto when trying to teach themselves to walk, more unsteady.
    Some more head movement instead of stiff head movement, looking around trying to explore head movement. (Not as constant)
    When done being bathed Toddlers would have their own mini towel (Just like Spa day for older sims).
    When a Toddlers parent comes into the room they become happy and smile. (Randomly, depending on Relationship with Toddler)
    When Toddlers master the Surroundings skill they become smarter and start to do things on their own around the house.

Cuter toddler screams and voices. ;)
    New skill: Surroundings
    Learn to identify shapes, trees, and objects.
    Shape toy set, Toddler hand painting, and Social interactions.

Interactions for fun:
    Burp, Pamper, Rock, Grab cheeks, Play peek-a-boo, Hide n Seek
    Stiff toddlers are no fun, they're tech little monsters. :cookie::cookie:
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

I know what you mean and I agree. If we got the toddler basics in a patch, it leaves it open to get a lot more content in the future. Like if we got pets, then toddlers could sleep in the pet basket, eat pet food (eww), and cuddle the dogs and cats like in older games.

If we got toddlers in a pack, then it makes it more difficult to add extra compatible content, and less likely to get additional items in the future.

They have added the Alien nights or the Bear nights in GT, so it's doable at least.
  • Options
    KittensMeow10KittensMeow10 Posts: 161 Member
    I think there should be an option for toddlers in the Game Options section because personally, I wasn't a fan of the toddler age.
  • Options
    IvoriIvori Posts: 7 New Member
    mischievous drawings on the wall, that older sims have to clean up. I love little messes in the sims, it adds realness to the game.

Personality traits for them as well, like independent toddlers would rather spend less time learning skills with parents and more on their own. Feisty toddlers have way more temper tantrums.

Toddlers should be able to play outside too, like pick flowers, and play with sand and get dirty from it.