Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    clover24 wrote: »
    Love all these ideas, and fill there is no use repeating what hs already been said with learning and development of the little ones.

However as much as i enjoying the progression of toddlers and smaller interactions such as walking in a pram and cuddling. I would also like the mischievous element of toddlers, this is one thing that s3 lacked. Im talking little things like drawing or painting on a wall, knocking over a lamp, touching what they shouldn't, climbing stairs without permission. This is what i love about toddlers as the exploring and mischievousness, is what develops thier independent personality. Its an exploration they have learnt on thier own which gives them thier uniqueness, away from what a parent has taught them.

This is one aspect i believe s4 could do well, if it was given the opportunity too. Simular to how children and adults develop thier personality through the goals of aspirations a toddler could be the same. Ok lets hope you understand me......

The everyday caring tasks is what gives a toddler thier basic understanding it is a must. Therefore not necessarily goal worthy, its simple if you dont look after the kid its time to say by by. But what if toddlers could also have independent personality or exploration personality, not necessarily with tasks like draw on wall 5 times or pick nose 2 times NO im not interested but with a goal at the end that the toddlers/player chooses. In simple terms the goals are there but with out the tasks, as its something that should be explored by the player without necessarily picking it. Like a hidden personalitly.

So lets take the drawing on wall, if a parent sim doesnt pick up on it then the toddler would take that personality in childhood, then still drawing on wall would then progress in to art on wall then in teenage years progress in to graffiti. Therefore loves graffiti art... etc

See where i m going. Personality develops because an adult has not noticed what they have or havent done. Can be good or bad. Simular to s3 pets, how we trainned the animal, but in a less noticable way.

And dont forget about emotions when/if adding toddlers because that is one area i believe toddlers will be brilliant in, as thier emotional state changes so quickly watching/controlling the little horrorlugs sims will be fun.

Please fill free to expand if you like the idea.

Hey great ideas @clover24 :) !! I especially love your idea of drawing on the wall! It could work like the graffiti skill did in The Sims 3 University so that as toddlers do it more and more they can unlock and drawn new things on the wall :) plus when they age up in to children they can start with maybe their Art skill being at level 2? :)

I think all your ideas are really good and I'd love to see them in The Sims 4 :)
    I'll share some of my ideas later on today :)

Matthew.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Maddanna wrote: »
    I already shared these ideas with Honeywell but I'll share again and expand on it. I've tried to omit what's already been mention or things or stuff that previous todds had/did in previous iterations. This is going to be a LONG ONE:

NEW SKILLS
    *eating
    *instrument skills
    *logic
    *singing tied in with talking skill
    *swimming
    *arts and crafts

NEW ITEMS and ITEM POSSIBILITIES (includes upgrades to pre existing ones)
    *kiddy pool (can be used by children also)
    *highchairs can be placed around tables and counters like other chairs (height is automatically modified to fit eating surface)
    *Floor mat
    *Kiddy chairs
    *Todds can nap un beds
    *Sand box
    *Todds can use clay
    *Adults can remove Canvas from Easel for Todds to finger paint then frame it later
    *Musical Triangle
    *Todds can be bathed in tub/sink/kiddie pool.
    *Todds can swim unattended in pool (has to be placed in by adult though)
    *large tiled jig saw puzzle

NEW SELF INTERACTIONS:
    *teething (autonomous, include moodlets)
    *drooling (autonomous, Include moodlets)
    *vomiting (autonomous, include moodlets) -may be due to playing/moving being handled too soon after eating or what was ate.
    *self feed -tied in with eating skill (todd can spill food in the process), also applies to raw or processed produce from gardening
    *push chair/ high chair -interaction unlocked when todd learns to walk
    *wash in toilet -applies to toys from the chest/doll house/food (raw produce and bottle)
    *play in toilet- unlocked at certain level of new swimming skill where todd learns to splash
    *watch *sim/cow plant* - affects logic (include moodlet)
    * explore (bookshelves/cupboards) - ends up destroying makeshift books/crackery that apples to what's explored.
    * explore small bins/trash piles - gets dirty in the end
    * swim- starts by being held by T/YA/A/E sim (in pool or kiddy pool, then progresses to circular toddler life saver then unattended when mastered (pool only).
    * splash puddles
    * watch TV (unable to turn on or change channels)
    * listen to radio (unable to turn on or change stations)
    * sing to/clap to cowplant
    * cuddle cowplant

NEW INTERACTION w/ OTHER TODDLERS
    *tug of war for toy (autonomous)
    *splash (applies to tub, kiddy pool and pool)
    *sing together-harmony and level of participation depend on talking skill progress
    *clap along/clap together-clap to singing, musical instrument being played or just clapping together
    *solve together- plays with jig saw and shape blocks
    *share -applies to food and small toys

CHILDREN
    *play peek a boo (initiated by child)
    *sing favourite lullabies (learnt, initiated by child) - todd will sing along based on talking skill progress and relationship with child
    *read favourite bed time stories to *todd* - (child initiated)
    *play dress up with - includes clothing chest, child will play make-believe with clueless todd
    *play with toys together- child plays with chest toys in todd company (todd either "watches' or play with toys as well)
    *aww and/or kiss- done while toddler sleeps
    *splash- tub, pool, kiddy pool

TEEN/ADULTS/YA/ELDERS
    *bathe -tub, sink and kiddy pool
    *serve food (rather than being spoon fed, todds are served food unattended)- only becomes available at certain progress lvl of eating skill
    *Read/ Lullaby to sleep (should be introduced to child as well)
    *Rock to sleep (in arms or arm chair)
    *let listen to voice - available when sim multitasks phone and holding todd
    *Potty train on special toilet seat- becomes available when todd apparently mastered potty training skill and sim is testing if the potty training paid off
    *take for swim - pool, kiddy pool
    *ask for 'up-up' (lift me gesture) - initiated by todd
    *todds should be placed in the lap of a sim if a sim witches to sitting position while holding the todd.
    *aww and/or goodnight kiss - while todd sleeps
    *sing to/clap to *instrument*

Alien todds:
    special skill synchronize -todds send out brainwaves and performs self hypnosis to learn lullabies, songs from other sims/radio faster than normal todds. (would be associated with appropriate animation- *coughs at EA*)

Now I'll turn off my brain a bit and hope that IF someone implements these things they can think of fun ways to integrate new moodlets and emotions into the game play.

Peace.

That is an amazing list.
    Also if they added the Loves Children trait, you should be able to show extra affection through special interactions in the pie menu with that having the Loves Children trait.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @zeldagirl180 From what I have read around I think this was just stickied out of Guru curiosity. Still, curiosity is better than nothing at least. I will say I'm more neutral with the subject, but I still wanted to give my ideas if toddlers were to come about.

Wishing you all the best.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I would LOVE to get all of the above ideas in the game!

Parents / siblings (teens) should be able to make fruit and veggie puree from the harvestables. When toddlers eat with their fingers, they could end up with a face full of food (like sims had after the pie eating contest in TS3) and would need a face wash or even a bath.

If they were in a certain mood, they could throw a tantrum if they were not allowed to wear their formal outfit, or if possible, just react negatively if we change their everyday clothing. My RL toddler niece refuses to wear anything else than her Frost dresses, preferably paired with a tiara OR a ginormous pirate hat! :D
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @Sennie Now why didnt i say it as simple as you :) thankyou.

Its an area in the toddler life stage i have always found lacking, when there is so much potential to be had. Expecially with all the different skills avaliable. I know in s3 we had books and blocks etc, but s4 seems to do the skills thing differently than different games, and personalitly. So i was just trying to expand on that idea and how i would see it in toddlers, just without the repetitive tasks.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Wait, what??? THIS THREAD IS ANNOUNCEMENT IN GENERAL DISCUSSION? That's really good, at least for me. :#
    tenor.gif
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I want then to play with the toilet like in TS2. It was a bit annoying, but it was funny.
    tenor.gif
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    I think it's great that this was stickied and really hope it will continue to be constructive.

As I'm pretty sure, that this will grow fast, it might be an idea to compile some of the more popular ideas on the first page ? Just a thought.

That's a good idea @crinrict thank you lovely :) I will try to keep track on common themes and ideas and update :)
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I think it's great that this was stickied and really hope it will continue to be constructive.

As I'm pretty sure, that this will grow fast, it might be an idea to compile some of the more popular ideas on the first page ? Just a thought.

That's a good idea @crinrict thank you lovely :) I will try to keep track on common themes and ideas and update :)

Good luck! That will be difficult as I'm sure suggestions will be piling in for the next few days. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Toddlers watching kids channel, interacting with the shows. Talking, dancing, giggling.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1

Good luck! That will be difficult as I'm sure suggestions will be piling in for the next few days. :)

I hope so, I tweeted to try to get the word out too. I'm hoping people share it along.

Thank you, I know but it's worth it because family players are awesome and ive been learning all this stuff anyway-might as well try to make sure as many people are heard as possible :)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited March 2016
    Wonderful thread about the ideas for the little devils.
    I'm going to list mine in numbers.

1- I want toddlers to have different traits, their actions to depend on their traits. A noisy trait should make the toddler screaming and crying more often, an explorer trait will make the toddler more interested in exploring the different rooms in the house, Hate strangers trait should make him afraid of strangers and so on.

2- I want toddlers vs toddlers fighting! this can be over a toy or over a bottle of milk :0, not just fighting but I would want more toddler to toddler interactions. Would be an excellent way to make a kindergarten.
    fighting.jpg

3- Toddlers able to cause mess up in the house like making furniture dirty or messing up in the toilet.

4- I want this time teaching toddlers how to talk or walk give some significance in to the life of the sim. If you teach your sim to talk or walk in toddler stage there should be some benefits given to the sim at his later life stages to justify doing them. For example a sim that was taught how to walk as toddler should build the physical skill at a higher speed. The sim who was taught how to talk at toddler stage should build social skills faster and the sim who was potty trained as a toddler should get a slower bladder. Things like that. Just give us a good reason to do all these activities.

5- I want this option for toddlers! would be good to restrict toddlers movement at home or for the sim to take toddlers with them when going outside. Please don't leash the toddlers.
    tula-baby-carrier-urban-elephants-2.jpg

8- There should also be the option of a nanny to take care of both toddlers and babies (please cancel babies disappearance to the day care)

These are some but I will add more.
    YES! I want all of that #1 being the most important toddlers need at least 4 new traits that actually add to game play.

I would love to see...

Noisy, babbles and talks a lot once it learns to speak

Messy, The Sims world is to perfect give me a messy toddler who plays in the toilet or mud after it rains (when ever we get seasons)

Hates Strangers, They cry if a non family member picks them up keep to themselves and family

Friend to the world, A toddler who loves everyone waves to random Sims as they walk by and loves playing with other toddlers

The most important thing is I need family interactions... be nice if a toddler could crawl on top a couch(or bed) and rest its head on a Sim sitting there or pretend to play a air guitar when its teenage sibling is practicing I want them to have more everyday life interactions and not limited to teaching to walk/talk and basics.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Hello fellow Simmers and family players and SimGuruDrake who I believe is checking through this thread :)

Ok so I am a very, very big family player. When I play The Sims I usually have my Sim, my wife and a little girl who is a toddler :) I've always played The Sims this way. I don't have children, I can't have children due to real life things but ever since I left secondary school I have always wanted a little girl and in The Sims 3 this became a reality for me, or at least a reality in The Sims world! Not having toddlers in The Sims 4 has been a bit of a shame but I do find the game fun and can play it. But the lack of toddlers does mean I play The Sims 3 more, however if we get toddlers in The Sims 4 and everyone's great ideas here are added then I think The Sims 4 will probably became my favourite Sims game in the whole of the world :D !!!

Ok so on with my ideas. I'll start with objects I would like to see in The Sims 4 which toddlers can use.

Objects
    Baby swings In the UK these are highly popular amongst toddlers. When I was younger my family and I used to play on those all the time :)
    DSC04051.jpg

I also thought that if you use the one above for kiddie parks then we could have ones like this:
    Baby-Swing1_zpsc635189e.jpg
    Inside of our Sims homes :) this ^^ is the sort of thing I would buy my child if I had one :)

I'd also love to see this in The Sims 4...
    S5006540e.jpg
    A toddlers sand box where they can play make believe and can have options like "Bury toy in sand" "Play in sand" and "Make sand castles" :) And for toddlers who are upset or angry it would be cool if they could pick sand up and put it on the floor :)

I'd also love to see some outdoor objects for toddlers in The Sims 4 :) One of which is inflatable toddler paddling pools! I have always wanted to see this in a Sims game and what better place to start than The Sims 4 :) if we get toddlers than I'd love it if we could have paddling pools like these for the toddlers...

81r-xCVyO5L._SL1500__zpsfgdu8omx.jpg

61qulK1xWL._SL1000__zpsa5xmsyyy.jpg

61BAqtOCRL._SL1000__zpsksilc3lu.jpg

It would be cool if adult Sims could suddenly have a hose, like they do with the watering can when gardening and could fill up the paddling pools so that toddlers can climb inside and have a play. I thought it would be nice if they can splash, play with inflatable toys and so on :)
    Just going to alert @SimGuruDrake so she doesn't miss these ideas :)

Everyone else has already mentioned all the features I'd want regarding toddlers, so I won't repeat what they have already asked for :) But just one thing! Toddlers are curious so I think it would be really awesome if they have an option to "explore" underneath beds where they can either look for monsters, explore or just have fun playing under the beds :) I think that would be really nice if toddlers could do that.

Pretty much that's everything, but if we're allowed to post more than once I'll come back later if I think of any more ideas :) I really hope you can add all of this (or as much as we've asked for) SimGuruDrake and the other Gurus :) because everyone's ideas here are really, really good and I would LOVE to see all of this and more in The Sims 4 <3<3<3

What with this thread and Gurus asking for ideas on toddlers, my hopes for getting them this year are as high as ever and I am honestly bursting with excitment :) ! I hope you all liked my ideas and I can't wait to read more of your ideas and am even more excited to find out what the next Sims 4 expansion pack is going to be... :)

Matthew.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2016
    My thoughts:
    - I would love toddlers to learn to walk largely on their own, like real toddlers do, but also to be able to be encouraged by adults. To pull themselves up on furniture and "cruise" on it, to fall down on their cute little behinds, and to eventually get the hang of it. I wanted this all through Sims 3.
    - I would like sippy cups, not bottles, please!
    - Baths would be lovely :)
    - Wading pools would be lovely :)
    - Simlish babble would be cool - that bit of toddler lisp and toddler skipped words type thing. With the choice of first words leaning to Simlish for Mommy and Daddy.
    - Finger painting :)
    - Tantrums!
    - I see a lot of people mention playing with other toddlers, but that actually seems odd to me. More like taking the toy from the other toddler.
    - Alien Toddlers please!
    - When we get pets (when, I assume!), if they had fun Toddler-specific interactions - especially dogs, who might be more or less tolerant of toddler treatment - that would be a selling point for pets for me (I need selling points for pets, they aren't an obvious purchase for me)
    - Curiosity, which can look like "getting into trouble"
    - Fail states for toys: if you play with blocks, say, what happens when they fall down?
    - Maybe this could be a good time to introduce babysitters/nannies, and also to add a "randomization" option for Traits? Sometimes I want to see what the game would roll for me if I weren't at that household
    - No Ambitions: Toddlers can't think into the future.
    - Lots of clothes choices, please!
    - Dimply pudgy toddler bits

Mostly I want them to be adorable, to have tantrums and curiosity, and to do more learning on their own through trial and error and curiosity, so they feel more like little individuals and less like pets.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2016
    A lot of things mentioned above fit under child skills/aspirations and could be expanded to children in several cases too:

Mental
    • Logic toys like jigsaws, building blocks and shape blocks.
    • Learning a few words, a few numbers, maybe start learning to read.
    • Curiosity about the world around them, exploring, asking "Why?" (Maybe an "ask about..." interaction on objects/sims and then listen to response to learn)
    Motor
    • Walkers, tricycles and physical games like catching or kicking soft balls, crawling through tunnels etc.
    • Interacting with furniture, pulling self up on sofa, attempting the stairs one step at a time.
    • Learning to walk and learning to swim with armbands/rubber ring and teen+ mentoring.
    Social
    • Learning acceptable social behaviour based on scolding and praise (like TS2 pets), manners, learning to share, saying sorry etc. Parents/players could choose to make a "bad" child by encouraging or ignoring bad behaviour if they want.
    • Giving and asking for cuddles, chattering to other sims and toys, stroking pets.
    Creative
    • Play with clay, scribbling/fingerpainting/pavement chalks (either on walls/craft table), percussion instruments (xylophone/glockenspiel, drum, tambourine), playing make-believe with dollhouse, roleplay toys like kitchen/shop/workbench or costumes.
  • SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    Just looking at everyone's ideas has me feeling like:

Baby-Ice-Cream-Excited-1.gif

Put me down as a YES PLEASE to all the things!

Me too!!
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @EmmaVane
    Children skills work great for toddlers too indeed, I'm just not sure where potty training would fit in those. Walking could be motor, talking could be social. Perhaps as a fifth minor skill ?
    Just looking at everyone's ideas has me feeling like:

Baby-Ice-Cream-Excited-1.gif

Put me down as a YES PLEASE to all the things!

Yes me as well @Cinderellimouse :) !! I love all of these ideas and would LOVE to see them all in The Sims 4 <3 If all of this is added then The Sims 4 will become my most favouite Sims game of all time!!! :)

Matthew.
    Gosh @Sennie a butterfly costume?! That's beyond perfect for my butterfly addiction! :)

Thank you everyone, I am loving all your ideas and how clear you are :)