Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Swanson Legacy-New chapter(9/12)

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I love reading SimLit. Gonna start reading this. :)

welecome to my thread!!
    6adMCGP.gif
    6adMCGP.gif
    @LegacySims2017 @Haflinger @fewlines are you enjoying more of the Swansons?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    definitely!
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Sure am!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Ditto.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited July 2017
    Oooops!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @LegacySims2017 @Haflinger @fewlines for Gen 6's teen years you might want to watch Disney's Descendants 1 and the newest one 2
    6adMCGP.gif
    @LegacySims2017 @fewlines @Haflinger So who is your favourite character in Swanson legacy? What history did you like learning about? Do you guys think there is Character development with my characters?
    6adMCGP.gif
    i like how you build characters' relationships.
    fewlines wrote: »
    i like how you build characters' relationships.

@fewlines an example (and please use a spoiler
    thingy) please?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited April 2023
    new chapter
    IMG
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited August 2017
    @LegacySims2017 @fewlines @Haflinger Notice: I did my idiot thing and accidentally saved over my save so I might have to start from Strach again
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited April 2023
    updated
    pg5BMjy.png

Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
    i'm slowly re-reading some parts. i have a short attention span and need to go back up to the story to match everything to each screencap at the chapter's end.
    edited August 2017
    i'm slowly re-reading some parts. i have a short attention span and need to go back up to the story to match everything to each screencap at the chapter's end.

no hurry to read!! And if you want to answer my question specially

18d3BAL.jpg <anyone can guess the literally characters?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited August 2017
    a little (i'm sorry i'm v. disjointed because i'm on medication) on character development/relationships... to give an example related to the current characters...
    it is realistic when JGO, in order to be and remain "popular" starts bullying HAM. kids can be mean.
    btw, i hope we see more of HAM and that she becomes a... scientist or something and moves on. i want her to stop being HAM because i love the names Amy and Margo.
    also i like the interludes and stuff about history, for example, i did not know about Laura Secord.

ah, i missed your other question... OK, so...
    the dog looks like Robin Hood, the first couple may be Pocahontas and whatever the bloke was called, the second couple looks like they're from a Jane Austen novel, and the last kid looks like Tom Sawyer...
    edited August 2017
    a little (i'm sorry i'm v. disjointed because i'm on medication) on character development/relationships... to give an example related to the current characters...
    it is realistic when JGO, in order to be and remain "popular" starts bullying HAM. kids can be mean.
    btw, i hope we see more of HAM and that she becomes a... scientist or something and moves on. i want her to stop being HAM because i love the names Amy and Margo.
    also i like the interludes and stuff about history, for example, i did not know about Laura Secord.

Well HAM takes after her distant cousin (the one featured in Gen 6- w/ Selene) and like using her initials. She's named after her 6? great grandma Hannah I (also from a book Hannah as well *cough* controversial Netflix show *cough* ) and Amy is from the 39 Clues book and Margo well..you can probably guess where that's from if you're John Green fan. There are some bumps ahead for the sisters in the teen years. Thanks for the feedback
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited August 2017
    of course, it's your story! i just didn't like her being bullied, the whole ham-piggy-chops thing.

re: Margo. i have not read any John Green, the name actually reminded me of a Sweet Valley High special story within the books, which featured a crazy character with that name.
    of course, it's your story! i just didn't like her being bullied, the whole ham-piggy-chops thing.

it's kind of will get just a tad worse in the teen years for HAM.. but stuff will be sorted out before (JGO's event)...
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited August 2017
    you're really dedicated. i used to write myself, stuff that isn't Sims-related btw. but i just can't bring myself to write out my household's story.

also, since i edited my post after i noticed your question... did i get any of the literary characters right?
    edited August 2017
    you're really dedicated. i used to write myself, stuff that isn't Sims-related btw. but i just can't bring myself to write out my household's story.

also, since i edited my post after i noticed your question... did i get any of the literary characters right?

Robin Hood right, Not Pochantas and John Smith/Rolfe (but there's was a guy who lived in this time period who was a playwrite knowns as "the Bard" it's one of his tragedies, Tom Sawyer is right. The couple is from a Jane Austen novel D'arcy and Bennet. Tom Sawyer is correct (at the end). You just missed one guy (Jim Hawkins) and you only got one wrong.

Have you notice how I deal with racial stuff?

6adMCGP.gif
    edited August 2017
    i wonder why you decided to make
    many of the characters "slaves" or to pick up after the rest of the family. i appreciate how the racial issues are depicted but a bit uncomfortable about the slurs TBH, as i am in real life, even if it's for the story's sake.

the first couple is Romeo and Juliet? and Jim Hawkins is from Treasure Island, IIRC? i have the feeling you're a very avid reader. ;)
    i wonder why you decided to make
    many of the characters "slaves" or to pick up after the rest of the family. i appreciate how the racial issues are depicted but a bit uncomfortable about the slurs TBH, as i am in real life, even if it's for the story's sake.

the first couple is Romeo and Juliet? and Jim Hawkins is from Treasure Island, IIRC? i have the feeling you're a very avid reader. ;)

I'm uncomfortable with the slurs myself-but that's why I put at the front of the slur chapters a warning. Yeah the 1st couple is Romeo and Juliet (or as I prefer to call them Jomeo-since I had a version of R&J for Gen 5) and yeah Jim Hawkins is from Treasure Island (I actually saw a play version of it 2 Wednesdays ago). HAM's other 1st name sake (Hannah) is from 13 Reasons why and her 3rd (Margo) is from Green book called "Paper Towns".
    6adMCGP.gif
    oh! i watched 13 Reasons Why. i almost didn't finish it, was so painful to watch. sorry to go off-topic, but what did you think of it?