Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stardew Valley

HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
Someone mentioned the game Stardew Valley on a thread and I totally lost the thread. Does anyone here play Stardew Valley? I'd like to add some people on Steam. :#
aSE16f8.gif

Comments

• HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    aSE16f8.gif
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    i love it, but i have a DRM-free version so it's not linked to my steam account :)
    also i've been working on building the stardew valley world in CAW :p
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I do own the Steam version but I mostly go to the reddit StardewValley or the forums community playstarbound forums stardew-valley

I myself put a few hours into the game and I'm waiting for the new patch to come out but yes Stardew valley is fun.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    It's awesome! I just had this game for my birthday and am having heaps of fun with it.

I will probably start a new game though, so I can do it better. I got almost to Fall of yr 1 and have been building my farm buildings any old place, so I want to set it up nicer.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I got it a couple weeks ago and love this game.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I just got it! I really like it (except I am terrible at fighting, so I die in the mines ALL the time, which is frustrating, however I am actually quite good at fishing....)
    I haven't played it in ages. :o I think I may have burned myself out because I put in like 50 hours during the 2 weeks after I purchased it.

@elanorbreton I'm thinking about that too. There's so much planning involved with the farm that you don't realize until a few in-game years have passed.

@LenaDieters11 I like the fishing too, though lots of people seem to hate it. :o But the legendary fish are hard to catch!
    aSE16f8.gif
    Has anyone used the planner? It's quite cool. Unfortunately, it's down at the moment, but someone has put it up here too. You can plan out where you are going to build everything on your farm and keep a copy for reference while you are playing.
    Has anyone used the planner? It's quite cool. Unfortunately, it's down at the moment, but someone has put it up here too. You can plan out where you are going to build everything on your farm and keep a copy for reference while you are playing.

I saw that a while ago but for me it's too much work. :D It's a great tool for those who want to be super efficient, though.
    aSE16f8.gif
    Well, I only used it to put a few buildings down to get a general idea of where to put things. I've started a new game, so I am trying like mad to get enough clay for a silo. This time I intend to build that before the coop lol. In my last game my chickens were permanently hungry cos I didn't know you had to feed them and couldn't afford to keep buying hay ha ha.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I really enjoy this little game. Don't know if anyone wants this but there is an awesome guide from Carl on Stardew Valley... http://www.carlsguides.com/stardewvalley/

I haven't used the planner but I made the mistake of putting all my animals in the far left bottom corner of my farm. Ugh... takes too long to close them up each night etc and makes getting happy animals just that bit more difficult.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    This game sounds like Harvest Moon to me and I love that series, maybe I'll try it out later.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I really enjoy this little game. Don't know if anyone wants this but there is an awesome guide from Carl on Stardew Valley... http://www.carlsguides.com/stardewvalley/

I haven't used the planner but I made the mistake of putting all my animals in the far left bottom corner of my farm. Ugh... takes too long to close them up each night etc and makes getting happy animals just that bit more difficult.

Haha oh man that would be a pain. I'm usually rushing at the end of the day to close up all the gates
    aSE16f8.gif
    Thanks, that is really useful to a beginner like me.
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm hopelessly addicted to Stardew Valley. I started playing on August 7th, and since then I've put in 91 hours!

Who is everyone planning on marrying/has already married? Personally, I'm leaning towards Elliott, but every once in awhile his dialogue is so cringey. He's almost too affectionate for me! But he's got a good heart. Idk, thoughts?
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I married Sebastian mainly because he feeds the pets and animals occasionally and will also place food in your inventory. Also I like the whole goth/angst story line lol
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

Thanks for the link!

Bought it on Steam summer sale but I've been busy with other games. Maybe I will poke at it tomorrow after reading Carl's guide. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    I'm hopelessly addicted to Stardew Valley. I started playing on August 7th, and since then I've put in 91 hours!

Who is everyone planning on marrying/has already married? Personally, I'm leaning towards Elliott, but every once in awhile his dialogue is so cringey. He's almost too affectionate for me! But he's got a good heart. Idk, thoughts?

I married Elliot! He's a sweetie. Sometimes gives me coffee in the morning so that's a plus!
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    I've married Sebastian twice. He's cool and it's easy to gift him, he loves void eggs. My first try I wasn't satisfied with how I planned the buildings. Now everything is how I want it, so just waiting for the update.
    I married Harvey. He says the most adorable things. <3
    aSE16f8.gif
    Awww, I want to marry Harvey. But I can never find him (except twice) to build up a relationship.
    Awww, I want to marry Harvey. But I can never find him (except twice) to build up a relationship.

His work hours are pretty short, and sometimes he's up in his apartment or wandering around the benches (I think). Another useful part of the SV guide is that it lists the NPCs schedules. B)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I married Elliot too, he is so adorable ^^
    By the way, do you have any info about the update ? i must have missed some info.
    I hope there is an improvement for the children. i would love a stage 5 where they can talk and walk around the village , come with us in the celebration day.
  • MysticLegacyMysticLegacy Posts: 97 Member
    LOVE Stardew Valley! I've been playing it pretty regularly! It's a nice little homage to the Harvest Moon series (which is one of my all-time favorite game series next to The Sims)
    Mystic

Wife of Pinstar & co-owner of The Sims Legacy Challenge website
    Origin ID - Pinstar1161 (shared with my husband)
    Twitter - @Sims_Legacy