Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pleasantview -- oh, the drama!

MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
When I first played TS2, I went to Strangetown right after doing the tutorial and never looked at Pleasantview again. Lately, I've decided to play there rotationally for a while whenever I want a break from my TS4 stories.

First off, I moved my version of Bob and Eliza Pancake into Pleasantview. Mortimer Goth, Darren Dreamer, and Brandi Broke came over to welcome them to the neighborhood. Eliza started slapping Darren around.

The Pleasants were next. Daniel asked Kaylynn to hang out after she finished cleaning. Mary Sue had a chance card at work and got demoted. She came home and found them fooling around (they hadn't gotten to woohoo yet, because I still hadn't figured out how to get them to do that -- you can't just click on the bed). Daniel and Mary Sue both got -5000 points and visits from psychiatrists. Angela came home with an A+ report card and Dustin Broke in tow. I think Angela's going to leave for college soon.

At the Goths', Cassandra and Don did get married after a looong pause at the wedding arch. Cassandra is pregnant now. (I figured out woohoo.)

When I played Darren Dreamer, I looked in his relationship panel and found that Brandi's picture had two lightning bolts.

Ditto for Brandi's picture of Darren when I played the Brokes. She managed to teach Beau how to walk and get potty-trained before he became a child. She also took up painting -- and then she showed up in maternity clothes! I sold the pinball machine in Dustin's room to get the funds for an extra bedroom for him and Beau. I had Dustin quit the criminal career and got his grades up to a B preparatory to getting him a scholarship for college so he could join Angela. And then he goes and ruins his mother's painting. I never had a sim do that before.

As for the Caliente sisters -- Dina wants to own 5 successful businesses and Nina wants 20 lovers. That's more than I can manage right now. I think I'll have to go back to my TS4 stories to take a break from my break.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    :lol: What fun!

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2016
    To get them to do it in the bed you must send one of them to relax in the bed. You will then have an option to ask the other to join. They won't ask, but the other sim will simply follow, and get into bed as well. As soon (but not before) as both sims are completely in bed you can then click on the other sim to woohoo, and a few other choices. This works the same for the hot tub as well.

I too just started playing Pleasantview. Both Don and Daniel are cheating on their wives, but Daniel was busted. After him and Mary-Sue got a divorce, I moved Daniel back in so he could take one of his daughters with him. He, Lilith, and Kaylynn are now living in a trailer across the street from the Brokes. Kaylynn, and Mary-Sue are both pregnant by Daniel, and Don and Cassandra are expecting as well. Mary-Sue's mom and dad are living with her as well.

I'm not sure why it's different this time, but Brandi and Darren both have three lightening bolts in their attraction to each other.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    To get them to do it in the bed you must send one of them to relax in the bed. You will then have an option to ask the other to join. They won't ask, but the other sim will simply follow, and get into bed as well. As soon (but not before) as both sims are completely in bed you can then click on the other sim to woohoo, and a few other choices. This works the same for the hot tub as well.

I too just started playing Pleasantview. Both Don and Daniel are cheating on their wives, but Daniel was busted. After him and Mary-Sue got a divorce, I moved Daniel back in so he could take one of his daughters with him. He, Lilith, and Kaylynn are now living in a trailer across the street from the Brokes. Kaylynn, and Mary-Sue are both pregnant by Daniel, and Don and Cassandra are expecting as well. Mary-Sue's mom and dad are living with her as well.

I'm not sure why it's different this time, but Brandi and Darren both have three lightening bolts in their attraction to each other.

Yes, I did remember about relaxing in bed eventually.

As far as the 2 vs. 3 lightning bolts are concerned, it could be that your sims and mine have different turn-ons and turn-offs. To be honest, though, I don't understand why Darren is attracted, since one of his turn-ons is hats (I can't remember the other) and a turn-off is black hair, which both Brandi and Cassandra have.

Re-learning is...interesting. Brandi died in a fire because a. I thought that 1 mechanical point would be sufficient for repairing the computer and b. I forgot that she could find the repairman on the phone. Dustin rescued the baby and I thought that he'd manage to extinguish the fire, but it sprang up again. After spending a day with Beau crying and neither of them getting homework done, and having to hire a nanny (and a repairman for the computer), I quit without saving and brought Brandi back.

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Usually in every game I play those two it's always just the two bolts. At the moment they are romantically involved, but it's really hard to have a successful date while she is pregnant.
    Update -- Bob Pancakes got a new telescope. Almost as soon as he looked through it, he was abducted -- and yes, he's in maternity (paternity?) clothes. Saturday evening, Brandi invited Darren over and greeted him at the door with a big kiss. I had her propose. It was too soon, and he turned her down. Luckily, being rejected for a proposal wasn't one of her fears. After a few kisses, when both of them had hearts floating around, I had her propose again, and then they got married. The blended family has moved into the house across the street from the Goths.
    Dustin brought his grades up to get a scholarship, so now he, Dirk, Angela, and Lilith can all go to university.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    As for the Caliente sisters -- Dina wants to own 5 successful businesses and Nina wants 20 lovers. That's more than I can manage right now. I think I'll have to go back to my TS4 stories to take a break from my break.
    Before I start playing the neighbourhoods, I visit each lot to check out the Lifetime Wants of the Sims that live on the lot. If I don't like the Lifetime Wants, simply exit to the neighbourhood without saving and re-enter the lot, where the Lifetime Want will change. Continue until you are happy. If another Sim is on the lot, if you save, their Lifetime Want will save too e.g. Don Lothario at the Goth home - so do him first.
    Please note you cannot change any families in the family bin e.g. Oldies or Burbs.
    If you have created a new family and don't like the Lifetime Wants generated, move the lot with the family to the lots bin and then place back in the neighbourhood and the Lifetime Wants will change. You must do this before the family meet any neighbours! :)
    Whilst you could do this with the Oldies or Burbs, the Sims will lose their family connection to the Pleasants.
    I appreciate there is a boolprop cheat to change Lifetime Wants but this method will not cause problems in your game.
    Thanks for the advice! I can't remember if I saved before leaving their lot -- I probably did, but I'll go back and check. That is helpful to know, though. It's so tiresome to go to the trouble of creating a sim and then have him or her spawn the Lifetime Want to be a master criminal.
  • swoonexeswoonexe Posts: 2 New Member
    nooo oh my god don't do any of that, if you move an occupied home into the lots bin it will corrupt your neighborhood! and i don't mean maybe, it WILL cause corruption. you will have to reset it if the glitches get too bad which really sucks. (p.s. don't delete sims either, ever. even though there's a button that lets you do it, it doesn't delete them properly because EAxis plummed up the code. the game treats the deleted sim as if it still exists in the game, causing all sorts of mayhem). thanks EAxis!

there's probably a mod out there you can download to change the sims' LTW, without corrupting your 'hood.
  • swoonexeswoonexe Posts: 2 New Member
    i'm laughing so hard why are they censoring E*Axis. omg
    I don't know why the censor, but thanks for the advice. I won't move an occupied house to the bin, but I'm assuming it's okay to move a family. And I've never deleted a sim.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Very interesting. I have only ever played in Pleasantview. I think I tried Strangetown and didn't really care for it. I also don't play the existing Sims. I always create my own. A while ago I had to uninstall the game from my system because something went weird and gridlines or something were all over the town, and stuff wasn't loading right, so I just dumped everything. I forgot about the game until recently when I got bored from online games and from playing one of my other faves, Dawn of Discovery. So I reinstalled the game last week and started playing again. I had to start all over with a new family, but that's OK.

I will say that I miss two of my previously created Sims. One was a Severus Snape Sim and I had him in the Science sector or whatever is closest to that (knowledge, I guess) and the other Sim I had created for a different household was Alan Rickman (who played Snape and many other characters in other movies. I used to be an obsessed Rickman fan, and now I'm just a Rickman fan, and I miss him [he died recently]). But I'm enjoying my current family except for the fact that I can't seem to get my female Sim to give birth to a girl. She keeps popping out boys. Grr... So now she has four of them, and I'm going to have to get her pregnant again soon in the hopes of getting her to have a girl. At this rate, I'm going to have to add a third floor to make room for all the kids, lol. Two are babies now, one is a toddler, and the oldest is a kid. Thank goodness for being able to turn off the aging, lol. The hardest job I have right now is paying bills and keeping the fridge stocked! I wish the oldest kid could cook, because it would help out the parents a lot, but I'm not ready to have him become a teen yet.

And that nanny has a never-ending job. I wish EA had made an option for a live-in nanny, lol. That would help. Or have the ability for the oldest kid if he's at the child level to be able to do more with the toddlers than "family kiss," and "talk to..." Both parents have jobs too, so that makes it way more difficult to keep up with the kids. And that poor nanny. Every time she finishes her shift, she asks, "Now that I'm done working, would you like to hang out?" and I'm always like, "NO! Go home!" because none of my Sims have time for anything outside of work, school, eating, peeing, pooping, etc., lol. So many of the parents' relationships are suffering (and are needed in their jobs for advancement opportunities), but with four kids, two of which are babies, and one a very demanding toddler, lol, there just isn't time for anything else.