Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone ever finish the 100 baby challenge?

Comments

• ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    So I am on the second generation of my 100 baby challenge. Eighth generation in total. Longest I have ever played. Right now there are 21 children total.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    I completed it on the 15th of May 2016. 5 generations.

Gen 1: Adelyn: 19 children.
    Gen 2: Everlyn: 16 children.
    Gen 3: Laila: 11 children.
    Gen 4: Lydia: 28 children.
    Gen 5: Isobel: 26 children.

I started the challenge on the 23rd of December 2015 and I played everyday until the 15th of May.
  • RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    I tried and I gave up after 6 babies in the house. all that screaming my sim was looking into the camera like someone help me xD
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2018
    I started a few days ago, my sim has 9 children so far and is pregnant again. This time by Malcolm Landgrab. I used on ley line and had 3 sets of twins, a set of triplets, and 2 no pregnancies. I’m used to multiples by now, I did the 7 toddler challenge and the A-Z baby challenge. Once you get to potty level 2 it gets so much easier.
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I started the challenge the other day. I am so sick of toddlers now and I'm only up to my ninth, maybe tenth kid. I swear I hear babies crying even when there aren't any in the household :D I'm going crazy, obviously. SOS.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Trinaboswell29Trinaboswell29 Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah I know two YouTubers who completed the challenge amykins Sims and Aquatami.
    When i get a computer that can run the Sims this challenge is gonna be one of the first I try.
  • simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    I love this challenge but it's going to take FOREVER :D My avatar is actually my matriarch! In the first generation, my Sim had 27 children and in the second generation so far there are 7 children. So I'm getting there!
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    In the Sims 3, I had one founder who had 32 kids by herself, and then my next kid had, like, 22 before I quit... This, mind you, is without moving anyone out before young adulthood.
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I completed it about a year ago! It was one of the hardest challenges I've ever managed to fulfill in The Sims 4. I'm planning on redoing it some time in the future. It takes SO MUCH TIME to complete, though. I think it took me about six months or so.
  • jamie_pauly9682jamie_pauly9682 Posts: 134 Member
    I am working on the 100 baby challenge. I started February 27th, 2019. I am up to 53 kids and on Matriarch #3. I worked hard to get each Matriarch to have the fertile trait. I also have the on-ley line, romance, and one other to help the kids learn faster for the lot.

Matriarch #1: 18 kids (8 sets of twins, 1 single)
    Matriarch #2: 20 kids (8 sets of twins, 1 set of triplets, 1 single)
    Matriarch #3: 15 kids so far (7 sets of twins, 1 single)

I am creating a book for this-so it is taking me longer than what I want. I am also trying to record-but OBS is not easy for me. So right now I am just practicing. I may do this challenge again to record it all. We'll see.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I don't think I have this level of dedication to a single challenge, but that's awesome for everyone who's finished--and everyone who's closing in on the finish line. You all have way more patience than me.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    I'm trying to complete it since March 2019. I'm up to 49 kids with the second matriarch.
    Gen 1: Shawna = 32 kids
    Gen 2: Katy = 17 kids
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I feel like such a beginner!

I'm keeping track of it all on a Simblr so that I don't give up. Silly me, I thought I'd be able to get it all done in a couple generations, but it looks like it'll take longer than that.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I finished 100 babies in Sims 3. It took me a couple months (2 or 3, I'd have to look at my notebook to see) and 3 or 4 matriarchs (again, I have a shoddy memory, so I'd have to look at my notebook, but I'm in the ballpark on both numbers).

I'm playing 100 babies in Sims 4 currently, and going much slower. I am still on my first matriarch, I started on Dec 1st, 2018, and I've had 36 babies so far (we still have 18-19 days until my matriarch turns elder).

I really hit a wall in Sims 3 around baby number 70 and it was insanely hard for me to stick with the save and keep playing. It was sheer stubborness that got me through that challenge. So I'm trying to take breaks when I feel the need in Sims 4.

This is my second attempt at 100 babies in Sims 4. Before toddlers released, I was at baby late 30's, early 40's and then we got hit with toddlers. And that was fine, that was great, but with toddlers (if you remember) came the baby daddy bug. Any inactive sim that fathered (maybe mothered, too, never played that way)... any inactive sim that fathered your baby, once they turned toddler, the daddy would show up, uninvited, unannounced and just walk into your house and couldn't be asked to leave. It was probably one of the most annoying bugs in sims 4 for me. I even killed a couple baby daddy's in desperation to get rid of them.

I don't like killing sims, so I put it on hold and then, after several months with no change, I just stopped playing that save. And since a bug, once patched, is not fixed in an existing game, I just started over in Dec with a new mommy.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ZyxcbaZyxcba Posts: 1 New Member
    I started it a couple of weeks ago and I actually have found it to be easy once I got a system going. On baby 39, pregnant with 40, still on matriarch #1, she’s only aged 6 days total and I haven’t used any mods or cheats.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I know plenty of YouTubers have, but I've only gotten to about Baby 3 before quitting...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I got to around 22 kids before I decided to take a break. I don't know if I'll ever get back to it eventually or start over, though.
  • cinnamon_toastcinnamon_toast Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm way late but just found this thread. I got sims 4 for christmas recently and I only have time to play on weekends but I started with the 100 baby challenge. I am on matriarch 2 and have a total of 18 children so far, a few times I had 3 toddlers at once and it is not usually that bad if you are good at micromanaging. If I get overwhelmed I just pause the game and go through each of my sims and tell them what to do. The dumb thing won't let me post links but I know where the actual rules are.

also, you should check out Kelsey Impicciche because she has been doing the challenge for buzzfeed for a while. She is on her second matriarch, had 60 something kids between the two. Super good at the game.
    I would link her playlist, but, you know.
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    also, you should check out Kelsey Impicciche because she has been doing the challenge for buzzfeed for a while. She is on her second matriarch, had 60 something kids between the two. Super good at the game.

Yeah, she got real far, but she's also taking a break from Sims content right now. Understandable, but I do hope she'll pick it back up at some point. Would be a shame if she quit now.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Not finished yet but I am down 63 babies. I fully intend on finishing but we shall see.

Good luck!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • cinnamon_toastcinnamon_toast Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="MikkiMikkiMikkiM;c-17414597"][quote="cinnamon_toast;c-17413775"]
    I would link her playlist, but, you know.[/quote]

Yeah, she got real far, but she's also taking a break from Sims content right now. Understandable, but I do hope she'll pick it back up at some point. Would be a shame if she quit now.[/quote]

Yeah she made a video on her own channel saying that she is coming back but is going to take a long break... Im sad but I understand because I always get burned out lol
  • I got to 79 or 80 babies before I went on indefinite hiatus lol
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    It took me two months of dedication. The fertile trait is a must also on the lay lot trait, I had mostly twins and triplets. The toddler stage gave me fits. Other than that it's a breeze. I tried it with a male sim and it was so much easier than with a female sims. Just flip the rules a bit.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Yeah, she got real far, but she's also taking a break from Sims content right now. Understandable, but I do hope she'll pick it back up at some point. Would be a shame if she quit now.

I think she said she'd be back in the summer

It took me around 9 months to complete this challenge, so about how long it'd take to have one baby irl haha