Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So a Meteor Fell on my....

So a meteor fell on my...Science Building on my custom home world university lot today. :p

I'm using a custom uni lot and the rabbit hole rugs to have a functioning university in the current world I'm playing. My sims were both in the Art Building next door (taking different classes) and they were halfway through it when I saw a strange shadow on the ground. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it landing but I was just kind of sitting there going "wut?!".

24688322474_099d43578c_c.jpg

One of my sims got this notice in the info panel in the upper right:
College of Science is under construction. Your course at this location is cancelled for the rest of the term.

She had two courses there in addition to the one at the Art Building so now she is just down to one class this term! She was going to finish this term and her BF had another term to go, so I guess they will be finishing Uni together after all. They both continued with their classes - the meter kept going so I thought, 'well at least they must not be dead'. I noticed they both had the "singed" moodlet though so I was ready to take a pic when their class was over:

25225838381_8d123e1282_c.jpg

Now I'm thinking that if this had happened in the University world, the world would just 'repair' itself and next term everything would be back to normal. That's assuming that meteors can actually fall in the Uni world. But I imagine after this term is over I will have to bulldoze and replace this lot from the bin in order to get that Science building back. :D
The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Comments

• Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Wow, thankfully they weren't outside.
  • Options
    fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member

I've had a meteor fall near a Theatre rabbit-hole and kill everyone inside (15 or so Sims). The rabbit-hole survived :D
    Firby nurbs!
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Doesn't stuff destroyed by meteors, or inventors detonate come back when a lot resets?
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I don't know, I haven't had that many meteors over the years.

My sims didn't have classes the next day, but the day after that when they went to campus I discovered that all the grime left by the meteor was gone. I'd already had my sim who's classes got cancelled pick up all the rocks and scrap; she consigned them at the consignment store because you know college students always need money. :D

But anyway, the hole is still there and the Science Building rabbit hole rug is gone but other than that things look pretty normal. I think all I'm going to need to do on Sunday before they register again for the next semester is to edit the lot to replace the RH rug and level out the hole in the ground. Which is good, because I was worried that my sims would lose their progress if I had to bulldoze the lot and replace it.

• Options
    BTW, she consigned the gigantic space rock at the consignment store (thanks to NRAAS Consigner mod) and made like 20k simoleans off of it. I missed the notice so I'm not sure of the exact amount, but she had the 'had a good sale' moodlet so getting hit by a meteor paid off. :D

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I've never had a meteor. *sobs*
  • Options
    girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    Surreal wrote: »

Me either! I'm considering downloading a mod to increase the chances of them. But I'm not sure if I want to...
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    Count yourselves lucky! I'm still in therapy for the time a meteor landed on Laura Ingalls head and killed her outright. She was just a child. My other half still has a good laugh about that.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Did it affect their grade @HappySimmer3 ? It's pretty cool if scary!

I don't think id like it if my sim died from a meteor! Damage is fine though lol.
  • Options
    ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    And this is what happened to my grimrose but good thing nothing happened to your Sims indeed
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »

I've had a meteor fall near a Theatre rabbit-hole and kill everyone inside (15 or so Sims). The rabbit-hole survived :D

I think I'm very glad I don't have Seasons then. The other day a fire broke out on a community lot and killed one of the townies. Losing that many of them would pretty much decimate the population there. LOL

My daughter the other day was telling me about a meteor landing in her game. It took out her Sim's entire garden but fortunately didn't kill her Sim.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Did it affect their grade @HappySimmer3 ? It's pretty cool if scary!

I don't think id like it if my sim died from a meteor! Damage is fine though lol.

This was their very first class of the term, so no damage to their grades at all. Bless their little hearts. I don't think I would have continued to sit there putting out normal effort in class if that thing had landed near me.

I'm just glad it didn't take them out, or I would have had to quit without saving and I'm not sure how much progress I would have lost. Probably not more than a day. And they got some simoleans from the space rocks so it all worked out OK. ;)

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Have had lots of Meteors @Happysimmer but never knew about the rabbit hole thing AWESOME.That is crazy.Since rabbit holes cannot change in appearance EA made it where destruction is from within,haha deliciously evil. >:) My first big meteor shower happened building a super complicated beach house in SV.

Roof took forever to build and had a swimming pool on it was so happy after getting it right.Had the message about the sky getting dark thought nothing of it.Then bamm was like WW2 most were direct hits not just yard hits tore my roof to heck ruined all my ceiling recolors ruined wallpaper caught my kitchen on fire and a upstairs bedroom and burned my hot tub plus destroyed my deck.Worst meteor shower I ever had or seen do not know why it lasted so long.No sim died though but it cost tons of hours of build work.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    android00b7android00b7 Posts: 201 Member
    ^^LOL it's like the game was targeting you personally and not your sims
  • Options
    I'm not sure which shocked me more, the meteor itself or the message about how her classes had been cancelled for the rest of the term. :D

That's a bummer about losing all that work on your house, @CravenLestat! That's probably when and where you learned that trick to save the house you are building to the library; am I right? ;)

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2016
    LOL I wish @HappySimmer3 was not prepared and was a Sims 3 noob.Did not even know what it meant by sky getting dark.If you remember back then the ceiling glitch thing well I recolored everything but afterwards kept getting the ceiling pieces hanging outside the house and it was a disaster.

Screenshot-902.jpg

Screenshot-896.jpg

This whole roof was an inferno and burned tiles

Screenshot-981.jpg

Here are some souveniers from it

Screenshot-973.jpg

This whole deck was trashed and the hot tub

Screenshot-847.jpg

I think @android00b7 is right it was personal.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    @CravenLestat there are times I REALLY miss that LOL button and this is one of them. Someone (or something) was definitely out to get your Sim family! ROFL
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »

I think I'm very glad I don't have Seasons then. The other day a fire broke out on a community lot and killed one of the townies. Losing that many of them would pretty much decimate the population there. LOL

My daughter the other day was telling me about a meteor landing in her game. It took out her Sim's entire garden but fortunately didn't kill her Sim.

Meteors are from Ambitions. I used to think it was from Seasons, then the school got hit and killed my second generation teen, and most of the other kids in town. I didn't think the sky darkening thing could possibly be from a meteor, since I didn't have Seasons at that time. So, I didn't send my teen running, and while I was trying to figure out what was happening, it hit.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited March 2016
    @IreneSwift, you are right. I had meteor showers long before Seasons. :)
    Post edited by Okblondee7 on
  • Options
    chocoruchocoru Posts: 61 Member
    never had a meteor hit in game but now i know that when "the sky is darkening" message comes or a strange shadow looms overhead to pause the game, grab some popcorn, and watch the mayhem unfold :)
  • Options
    Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    I've only had a meteor once, It landed outside City Hall and killed a bunch of Sims. Poor Grimmy, he was busy that day :D
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    The first time it happened in my game, it killed my male sim. The family were all inside getting ready to eat when all of a sudden I got the notice of the sky getting dark. I was like...What the heck! And then, Boom! I lost the whole front of my house. I started counting my sims ( had a full house), And realized the dad was missing. :( He was under the huge meteor and grim came to get him. I was so...mad, I quit without saving to bring him back. Then two days later he died anyways while inventing. He was just destined to die it seems. :lol:
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Options
    skm36 wrote: »
    The first time it happened in my game, it killed my male sim. The family were all inside getting ready to eat when all of a sudden I got the notice of the sky getting dark. I was like...What the heck! And then, Boom! I lost the whole front of my house. I started counting my sims ( had a full house), And realized the dad was missing. :( He was under the huge meteor and grim came to get him. I was so...mad, I quit without saving to bring him back. Then two days later he died anyways while inventing. He was just destined to die it seems. :lol:

Yeah... I think some sims are just destined to die. Once I had a mom who was a witch and she died casting a spell on a neighbor (haunting curse I think?) and then I quit without saving and reloaded the game. She then drowned in the pool later that day. (I switched active households)
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    @girlwhocriedtaylor, :lol: I know right! You do everything you can to save them and they die a few days later anyways. And the ones you wish would hurry up and die, live forever!
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Options
    skm36 wrote: »
    @girlwhocriedtaylor, :lol: I know right! You do everything you can to save them and they die a few days later anyways. And the ones you wish would hurry up and die, live forever!

Haha... that's why sometimes my sims have "unfortunate accidents" in the pool or "forget to eat" :open_mouth: