Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magic trashcan that gives you money - any other 'Easter Egg' things in TS4?

There is a trashcan called the NanoCan Touchless Trash Can - it's the futuristic looking one.

I had never used it until now.

You get money for putting stuff in it.

I got $20 for a bowl of cereal and another $20 for a bowl of yoghurt.

I re-tested and found that I got $20 whether the bowl was full or mostly eaten.

The point being - 'quick meals' from the fridge are free and you have an endless supply of them.

However, the trashcan costs $1,200 though - so it's not like you are making money from the start.

Anyway, the point I am making is that the item description of the trashcan doesn't reveal that it gives you money - this has made me suspicious about other stuff in the game.

Comments

• Options
    glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    you get 10 simoleons for every household-member from the trashcan, for every plate or garbagepile you drag to it. i like the trashcan but it constantly has me warching my sims to avoid them washing plates per hand :smiley:
    simming on through.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Has anyone modded that NanoCan for different décors? Like, woodgrain hipster NanoCan? NanoCan that my Gran stuck in a pretty basket?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I used it way back in the day when I was doing the Room Challenge, and I always get it as early as possible in rags to riches type games. If you have a large family, it pays for itself pretty quickly.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Has anyone modded that NanoCan for different décors? Like, woodgrain hipster NanoCan? NanoCan that my Gran stuck in a pretty basket?

This would be so great! I love the trash can but it really sticks out in a lot of environments.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I don't use it cause it just takes so long to pay off buying it. If you only have one sim, it will take 120 uses (at $10 a pop) to break even. Of course, sooner if you have more people. But, heck, by the time it pays itself off, I've already managed to make a ton of cash doing something else.

Now, on families that are full (8 sims) and they party a lot... I'll get it.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I used it for a bit, but then for some reason it just stopped giving me money :v
    I didn't mind, I got sick of dragging stuff into it.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I used it for a bit, but then for some reason it just stopped giving me money :v
    I didn't mind, I got sick of dragging stuff into it.

Hello @Polyrhythm .
    It may have been a glitch with that particular object at that time in your game. If you still have the Nanocan item, try selling it and buying a new one and test to see if the issue is still there,
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Polyrhythm .
    It may have been a glitch with that particular object at that time in your game. If you still have the Nanocan item, try selling it and buying a new one and test to see if the issue is still there,
    It was in an old save I deleted a bit ago. I do recall replacing it, but it didn't seem to work.
    Now that I think about it it might have been cause I moved it from my home lot to my retail one lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    allypally01allypally01 Posts: 17 Member
    Do you have to be on a residential lot when clicking on a plate and placing it in the garbage? I use mine on a community lot and whenever I click and drag a plate into the garbage can I don't receive any money, but if I ask my sim to put it in the garbage then I get the money. Am I doing something wrong or what? I know I have read that some of you say its based on how many sims you have in your household, and some of you say that when you click and drag the plates into the garbage can you get more than if you have your sims do it. but when I have my sims do it I only get 20 simelones on the other hand if I click and drag it into the garbage I get nothing. I DO USE MY GARBAGE CAN ON A COMMUNITY LOT NOT A RESIDENTIAL DOES THIS MATTER?
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    It give my sims money on residential lots, not community lots.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    allypally01allypally01 Posts: 17 Member
    > @BlkBarbiegal said:
    > It give my sims money on residential lots, not community lots.

so if I click and drag a plate into the garbage can on a community lot it wont give me money right? but if I click and drag a plate into the garbage can on a residential lot I will get money?
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    For the nano trashcan yes, if that's what you mean.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Do you have to be on a residential lot when clicking on a plate and placing it in the garbage? I use mine on a community lot and whenever I click and drag a plate into the garbage can I don't receive any money, but if I ask my sim to put it in the garbage then I get the money. Am I doing something wrong or what? I know I have read that some of you say its based on how many sims you have in your household, and some of you say that when you click and drag the plates into the garbage can you get more than if you have your sims do it. but when I have my sims do it I only get 20 simelones on the other hand if I click and drag it into the garbage I get nothing. I DO USE MY GARBAGE CAN ON A COMMUNITY LOT NOT A RESIDENTIAL DOES THIS MATTER?

Yeah you have to be on your residential lot to get money from the trashcan.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    @plopppo I know exactly what you mean. I discovered this trashcan randomly as I was confused about the random money my sims were getting but here is a list of sneaky but small ways your sims can get money:

1)Get a dragon fruit plant. Just one will do. Selling all 10 harvestables a day is $2500 a day. You can either get one dragon fruit to plant by grafting a strawberry onto a snapdragon and "Harvesting" (Not selling) every day to see if you finally get an elusive dragon fruit to plant and grow (takes about 2 weeks to fully grow or 1 week with fertilization 2x). The second way to get a dragon fruit is by going to the romance festival (City Living only) and harvesting the dragon fruit there and planting it on your lot back home. (Or you can download a room of plants from the gallery and skip all that waiting)
    2) In City Living, there is a lot trait called Penny Pixies. Your sims will randomly get 1-20 simoleons every once in a while as they do household things.
    3)If you have Get Famous, get a bad rep and maybe 1 fame star and people will start calling you to ask if you want to hold onto money for them. It's usually about $1000 and you get to keep it.
    4)Kleptomaniac trait and high level Mischief allows your sim to steal things like pianos, suits of armor, the Bust of Cordelia, etc. Just pick your marks carefully. You have a three hour waiting period between stealing items. Don't waste it on a gnome. You can also steal coins from fountains. (And no need to be a klepto to pickpocket people with high Mischief Skill (Maybe Level 5 ish)
    5)You can literally have your sim play guitar or sing or play piano or act anywhere in public and people will just hand you money, even if you're bad. It's called busking. No packs required.
    6)If you have Romantic Garden stuff, try out the Wishing Well. However, word of caution, donate $1000 or $5000 first, then make a wish when the face looks happy and never wish more than once a day...could turn out very very bad.
    7)Buy the Cupcake factory (About $2k) and with high level cooking skill, you can sell Excellent quality cupcakes to a bakery. Once you can make the bacon cupcakes, just make those and they are anywhere from $100-$500 a plate but no matter what the cupcakes must be of "Excellent" quality and your sim must have a higher level cooking skill for this to pay off. At first, you won't be able to sell very many cupcakes.
    8) With laundry day stuff, you can search laundry hampers for loose change before taking them to the washer.
    9) With Jungle Adventure, if your sim has Level 10 Archaeology skill they can opt to have things be sent to them in the mail to authenticate. After authenticating, they can send them back to the museum and they'll get $2-7 grand for just spending a few hours authenticating an item.

There might be more ways in other packs, but I don't have those/haven't experienced those things yet. Numbers 1, 4, 5, 7 are base game.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Oh my goodness. I love this trash can and usually place it when I'm playing because it never needs emptied, but hadn't noticed that it also gives you money! I use the Penny Pixies lot trait for spare change. I'm probably going to start using the Nano even more now. Bonus!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey friends, glad to see you all had a bit to say about this. Considering the thread has been inactive since 2016 though I'm going to close it off.
    If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top