Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunlit Tides Popularity?

124...Next

Comments

• fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member

Nice pics! Pity about all those dying palm trees though ;) [/quote]

But they're not dying are they? Because it's the Sims. The next sim year those trees will still be there, and the year after that and the year after that, unless karritz goes into town edit and bulldozes them. It's a fantasy. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! yet there they are. And there's nothing you can do about it. And I reckon that is probably her point.[/quote]

i·ro·ny
    /ˈīrənē/
    noun
    the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    Firby nurbs!
  • mochachina1mochachina1 Posts: 34 Member
    I find it to be a really beautiful world, however, I tend to only really use it in conjunction with the traveler mod as a vacation world.
  • skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    edited April 2016
    Due to the routing problem of The Relaxation Station, I re-do it as a greenhouse and observatory.
    32da5914d9bc8e4c6dc74bd79672b2c4.jpg
    AqWKHoo.jpg
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sunlit Tides is my favorite from Sims 3!! I built here ALL the time. I don't remember many of the pre mades though as I've always created my own sims (& haven't played sims 3 in a couple months... I've been missing it!!) Even though it's beach -y, i found that it fit with my building & playing style without having to fit into the "beach theme" consistently.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • VeronicaForCubaVeronicaForCuba Posts: 78 Member
    Don't know, I have never played with it much - it's burning my eyes, I don't know - the colours are just too bright for me, plus I have never really liked modern tropical worlds that much (I like tropical worlds only when it's caribbean-inspired with colonial architecture).
    All I remember from playing this are problems with routing and my inability to orientate in the map, but it might be simply because I just prefer different kinds of worlds with different theme (e.g. Roaring Heights, Monte Vista).
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Is Sunlit Tides like Isla Paradiso where it's suuuuuper laggy almost to the point of making it unplayable?? Even though I love the beach and islands I never play it because every time I try I end up deleting the account because I can't do anything.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Is Sunlit Tides like Isla Paradiso where it's suuuuuper laggy almost to the point of making it unplayable?? Even though I love the beach and islands I never play it because every time I try I end up deleting the account because I can't do anything.

No. But some steps one can take to fix Isla Paradiso are listed here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14813707/#Comment_14813707

Sunlit Tides does not have these world design problems. But it also pre-dated the IP expansion, so it doesn't have resorts, houseboats, or deep sea diving either. Resorts and houseboats you can add anywhere, but the diving lots are tricky because the water in ST isn't deep enough.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    igazor wrote: »

No. But some steps one can take to fix Isla Paradiso are listed here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14813707/#Comment_14813707

Sunlit Tides does not have these world design problems. But it also pre-dated the IP expansion, so it doesn't have resorts, houseboats, or deep sea diving either. Resorts and houseboats you can add anywhere, but the diving lots are tricky because the water in ST isn't deep enough.

Actually, as I was just discussing in somebody else's post about Sunlit Tides, most of the water isn't deep enough for houseboats. You can add a harbor lot, but the houseboat won't be able to go anywhere.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    I'm living in Sunlit Tides now and loving the atmosphere EXCEPT the constant sound of gulls. I live in New England and I know that the sound of gulls at the beach really can seem constant, but I really don't need this level of realism. Tried to adjust the volume, but found that it's considered a Sound Effect and lowering that volume slider effects too many other items.

Because of lot loading times (I'm playing on my Mac) I rarely follow my Sims when they leave their home (Sandy Shoals from the Sims Store, with some added touches, like a steam room and beach side massage cabana) so I haven't encountered the routing issues. The only other lot they visit regularly is the neighbors I moved in next door to provide a love interest for the eldest son. I'm trying to actually play multiple generations for the first time ever. (What ADD?) Wish me luck.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    edited September 2016
    @JoeJude16 The constant seagull sounds aren't coming from the Sunlit Tides World itself, they're coming from your house, the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty. There's a fog emitter on the roof with half a dozen seagulls attached to it, and all you have to do is delete that, and the noise will immediately disappear.
    OMG @SuzyCue72 that is awesome! Thank you. Because I installed the property as soon as I installed Sunlit Tides and haven't played another house, and because I didn't know about that aspect of fog emitters,it didn't occur to me that it was coming from the property. I'll edit it out immediately and restore my sanity. Actually, I'll probably move it to a corner of the property so that they will be in the distance. That will be a nice compromise.
    aka Jude

My Studio

JoeJude16 wrote: »
    I'll probably move it to a corner of the property so that they will be in the distance. That will be a nice compromise.

That sounds like a brilliant idea! Then you'll get a bit of realism, but not so much that it gets irritating.

You could also easily turn the sound and gulls on and off if you hold down shift and Ctrl and left click the fog emitter to bring up the menu. And if you delete it but change your mind afterwards and want it back, you can buy it in buydebug on the last tab.

The fog emitter on the roof isn't the only one on the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty lot. There are two more, under the little decor whales on each side of the pool. They are programmed with the code "showertubwaterbreak" which produces a water spray up in the air.
    Yeah, I've seen them under the whales while in build mode. I have just enough experience to have kinda recognized what they were doing there, though I'll admit I didn't understand how a "fog" emitter was generating a waterspout, but I liked it, so just let it be.

In an earlier game a while back I was editing a house that I'd downloaded and discovered the "invisible" light fixtures that generate light in an area either to enhance actual light fixtures or just to create a mood. Don't know what they are called, but I've used them on and off. Actually, I think there is one over the pool in Sandy Shoals. Once I have the new system I plan on doing more building, so I'll be learning a lot more about buydebug objects and Ctrl-click options, which I have also used on and off.

Actually working on the "new" system today. Building it piece meal from an old system I acquired from work. I'll start with the basics and if necessary upgrade processor and graphics as I can afford them. Already have 1.5 Tb drive, so space won't be an issue. Gonna do some research now about what version of Windows to go with. Wish me luck. (I'm chomping on the bit to get it up and running now that it's within my grasp)
    aka Jude

My Studio

JoeJude16 wrote: »

Actually working on the "new" system today. Building it piece meal from an old system I acquired from work. I'll start with the basics and if necessary upgrade processor and graphics as I can afford them. Already have 1.5 Tb drive, so space won't be an issue. Gonna do some research now about what version of Windows to go with. Wish me luck. (I'm chomping on the bit to get it up and running now that it's within my grasp)

How is your "semi-new" computer build coming along? What components are you using, and have you figured out yet which version of Windows you're going to choose?

I definitly wish you luck with this build, recycling fully functional second hand things are considered eco friendly, and also saves you a lot of money.

And if you want to immerse yourself further in the workings of the fog emitters, there's a list with thousands of fog emitter codes that you can download, and then try them out in your own game if you like.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Bought it a while ago and haven't played it yet. Am thinking about starting a new game in it and posting a story about that. But I was wondering how popular it is, how many people have played it, and so knowing the pre-mades etc characters. Would many people be familiar with the existing characters and goings on?

I use this world frequently, but nearly always play my own Sims. I'd recognize the names of some locals, having spent a lot of time on the island, but am admittedly shaky on their personal stories, personalities and details. So some explanation would probably not be out of place if you are blogging, or otherwise writing up your play experience.

I am actually thinking of moving my current household out there for a change of scene. I love Sunlit Tides for surf & sand fun and tiki-chic living.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It's gorgeous but I don't think I could play in it for an extended amount of time, it's layout is very sparse.
  • kgottwaldkgottwald Posts: 6 New Member
    Does it come with custom weather?
    If I have it summer all the time, then Christmas will never come. But adjusting all the seasons to be the same through Tempest at the start of every new game would get tedious.
    kgottwald wrote: »
    Does it come with custom weather?
    If I have it summer all the time, then Christmas will never come. But adjusting all the seasons to be the same through Tempest at the start of every new game would get tedious.
    When I play tropical worlds, I tend to allow only two seasons (wet/dry) but use Tempest to add extra holidays as needed. Snowflake Day doesn't have to be in the winter, just like Christmas comes in the summer for those below the equator here on our own planet.

Also, it's not really all that tedious to export Tempest or any NRaas mod settings from one saved game and import them into another. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Or, you could just make winter super short and turn off snow.
    The reason I would use Spring/Summer for a tropical world is so that the leaves don't fall off the trees and the ground doesn't freeze and stop producing crops as I believe would happen even over a short winter no matter how warm it is.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • GaiaWainwrongGaiaWainwrong Posts: 36 Member
    Sunlit Tides is'nt that popular and I propably would'nt ever play it. I'm mostly a Sunsetter\Twinbrookie at heart!

I don't think people are very familiar with the Sunlit Tides premades. Just the Sunset Valley, Twinbrook, and Bridgeport ones.