Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To SjappielovePaul From Your Ringing Buddy!

KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
edited February 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hiya, @SjappielovePaul!

I was so thrilled when I got your name as my buddy. I was really happy to be making gifts for such a wonderful member of the community. I just hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them! :)

To get things started, you mentioned in your letter that you liked occults as long as they looked "normal" so I thought I would make you a whole group of sims that fit this description, including some less common occult types. So without further ado, I'll start introducing them!

Abigail Barnes
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8855754
Abigail's alien blood is very thin--her great-grandmother was born after a certain abduction incident long ago. Despite that, certain traits continue to show up through the generations and she has a hard time disguising her alien heritage. She's uncomfortable in social situations, but is also very clever.

AbigailBarnes.png

Catalin Torres
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8855753
Catalin's family always jokingly called her "kitten" both because of her name and because she would rather sit around on the couch than run around like all her siblings. But instead of being physically active, Catalin likes to work with her hands, whether she's building something new from scrap or taking something apart to fix it.

Catalin is a werewolf and I hope I did a good enough job of getting rid of the ugly default wolf-face.
CatalinTorres.png

Marshall Hill
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8855752
Recently turned into a Plantsim after eating the result of a friend's science experiement, Marshall is adjusting well, because he was always an outdoorsy type even beforehand.

There's something weird about plantsims that they tend to revert to the default bright green hair color at the drop of a hat, which I unfortunately didn't discover until I went back in just a couple days ago to take pictures. So just to be safe (and hopefully helpful), I also uploaded his hair color, which can be found here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8855755
MarshallHill.png

Rowan Hill
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8855751
Rowan has never let the fact that he started out his life as a figment of someone's imagination get him down. He always enjoys a good joke and has a passion for cooking--as well as a flair for the dramatic.

Rowan was Marshall's imaginary friend, which is why they share a last name.
RowanHill.png

In addition to the individual uploads, I also have a version of them uploaded together as a household. They have some skills started, progress toward uni degrees and a couple of them also have jobs, in case you want to just plunk them down to be your neighbors.

Supernormal Roomies
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8855756
Although all so-called "supernaturals" of varying backgrounds, they don't let that label define or limit them. These friends met at college and chose to move in together after their first term ended. They are pursuing their dreams, ordinary and extraordinary, while blending in with the world around them.

Here they are all lined up in front of the dorm before their first day of school...
Screenshot-660.jpg

Edit to fix pictures
Post edited by KaytayRoall on

Comments

• KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited February 2016
    Are you ready for round two? Because here it comes!

In a way, you could say that this second gift is actually just the second half of the first gift. All together there is one of each of the occult types I thought could be made to look reasonably normal and I just broke them into two groups to make them more manageable.

Edwin Brewer
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8856615
    Descended from a witch family renowned for their alchemical skills, Edwin is determined to make a name for himself by becoming a master mixer not only of alchemy, but also nectar making and mixology.
    EdwinBrewer.png

Jakob Ravi
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8856614
    Freed from the genie curse of enslavement, Jakob just wants one thing... to rock! After granting fame and fortune to so many, he wants a little piece of it himself. Of course, he's out of the wish business now, so he's got to win it for himself with hard work, determination and hopefully a little fun along the way.

You might notice my pictures for this one aren't taken in CAS. That's because in CAS, his skin looks grey-blue. I don't know why. But in-game he looks normal, so I hope that's okay.
    JakobRavi.png

Rose Hart
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8856612
    Rose has struck out on her own, because the only way for her to pursue her musical dream is to break the coven's first and most important rule, that all vampires remain hidden.
    RoseHart.png

Leilani May
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8856613
    A mermaid who only recently wandered out of the sea to try life on land, Leilani can't get enough of the sights, sounds and colors of the surface world. She takes a camera with her everywhere she goes to preserve the memories and loves to paint, inspired by what she has seen.

This one had to be uploaded as a household rather than individual sim because EA doesn't allow mermaids to be saved to the bin or shared. In all other respects she's just like a sim fresh out of CAS, though. No skills (except the max scuba from being a mermaid), anything in her inventory, etc. The version of her in the group has the permanent mermaid LTR so that she will stay a mermaid even if you aren't controlling them to make sure she gets her daily dose of sea water, but this version does not.
    LeilaniMay.png

Supercreative Collective
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8856610
    You'd be hard-pressed to find a more eclectic mix of creative sims. A singing vampire, a rocking genie, a shutterbug mermaid and a witch with a passion for potent potables. These four have banded together to make their mark on the world, whether it is with song, paintbrush or a perfectly-blended beverage.
    Screenshot-723.jpg

Again, the household version has some skills started and this batch has careers rather than uni progress.
    edited March 2016
    SJ's Midcentury Modern

Really creative with names, aren't I? :p So your letter specifically said you liked 50's style architecture... I'm afraid since I have no idea about 50's architecture, I ended up making something that is related, but also more parallel to a style I am familiar with, modern. And so this midcentury modern ended up happening. I really love the shape of it and the interior ended up having so much character, so I hope you like it and can forgive me for deviating from your original request a bit.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8859246
    A 3 bedroom, 2 bath, midcentury modern home for a family with a lot of personality. The upper floor has the kitchen, living room and master bedroom with ensuite bathroom. The lower floor is a walk-out basement with two more bedrooms, a shared bathroom, laundry room and game room. Also features a covered patio for grilling and partial wrap-around balcony. All appliances upgraded. No CC or CAP.

Screenshot-726.jpg

Screenshot-727.jpg

Screenshot-728.jpg

Screenshot-729.jpg

Screenshot-730.jpg

Screenshot-732.jpg

Screenshot-733.jpg

Screenshot-734.jpg

Screenshot-735.jpg

Screenshot-736.jpg
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hi @KaytayRoall!!

Sorry for running a little late (trouble while moving and trying to continue school and all, long story short), but your gifts are awesome! They are really great and I love them allready :) you chose two supernaturals I haven't been able to try out yet so I'm extra super excited for Abigail and Marshall! They are all just remarkable, really, I'm in awe, don't know what else to say but they're perfect for my style of playing :smiley:

Thanks a thousand times, also for your lovely compliment which was also already a gift on its own :)

The fact that you reserved two more posts is getting me very excited, I'm very curious what's going to happen to those posts :D but I'm sure it won't be anything but awesome.

Hugs!!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Yay! You are not late at all! :) Silly tanu and cm with their opening early always surprise me, even though I should know better by now. Besides, the party is just starting!

I'm so glad you like them! <3 I thought it would be fun to include some of the occult types that can't be made in CAS, since they tend to be a little more uncommon and I hope you have a lot of fun trying them out! I personally like both plantsims and aliens because you can basically play them like normal sims except they have certain needs you don't have to worry about keeping filled (sleep for aliens, hunger and bladder for plantsims).

Hopefully your next gift will be up later today or tomorrow. I just ran into a minor hiccup with it, but I already have a solution in mind, just need to do some twiddling around in game to get it all set. Not to give too much away, but considering your response to the first gift... I think you'll like the second one! :D
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    What great supernatural sims! I really love some of the clothing recolors you used, might have to go save a few of those for my own game! :D
    What great supernatural sims! I really love some of the clothing recolors you used, might have to go save a few of those for my own game! :D

Thank you! :) There were a couple outfits I was really proud of, like Leilani's formal dress. I'm tickled to know that you like them, since I don't usually consider sim-making and fashion to be my strong suit.

Thank you! :) There were a couple outfits I was really proud of, like Leilani's formal dress. I'm tickled to know that you like them, since I don't usually consider sim-making and fashion to be my strong suit.

As it happens, that's one of the ones I like most! :lol:
    Running in late again! So sorry, they really are awesome again :smiley: they match my playing style again, I love it :)

Also very nice to see the creative musicians! I hope I'll have time to play with them this week, because they get me really excited to go in game again!!!

Thanks a ton again amd again for these awesome Sims as well :smiley: they're lovely
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Running in late again! So sorry, they really are awesome again :smiley: they match my playing style again, I love it :)

Also very nice to see the creative musicians! I hope I'll have time to play with them this week, because they get me really excited to go in game again!!!

Thanks a ton again amd again for these awesome Sims as well :smiley: they're lovely

Not late at all. :) I'm so glad you like them!

The first group of sims was done before I found out about your favorite skills and careers, so I tried to make the second group have as many of those as I could. Well, mostly, anyway. The idea for Edwin of a sim with alchemy, mixology and nectar making has been kicking around in my head for a long time and just seemed to fit well here. Of course, since his LTW is just to max three skills, you could take him down a different path if you wanted.

I just checked and realized today is the last day of gifting, technically, and I'm still finishing up your last gift. I'm so sorry it's going to be a couple days late. :( So I'll give you a choice. If you'd like to know what your last gift is, I'd be happy to post a couple preview pictures for you to see. Or I can keep it a secret until it's all done. Whichever you would prefer.
    @SjappielovePaul Your last gift is up! I'm so sorry it's late.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm all caught up on rec's now. Such fun sims and pets and such wonderful builds everyone!

Ooops! LOVE the build Kaytay!
    Post edited by ciane on
    @KaytayRoall for me my 'requests' are more like guidelines. Your build is awesome and I know for sure I will use it a lot for probably even multiple families! I love it! I'm in school now though so I will reply later. But since I'm already quite late again, I really wanted to let you know it's awesome!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Thanks, @SjappielovePaul! I'm so happy to hear you like it! :) Hope your school day goes well.
    Worst of all, it was my internship and I was supposed to be observing classes. But observing with my laptop on wifi is a challenge on it's own! Did go quite so well though :)

I swear your build is lovely! I really hope I'll have time this weekend to check it out in game :smiley: the housewarming and most of the finishing our new place is finally done and I actually think I deserve to have some time in game to go and use your gifts as much as I can! Thank you very, very much for all three of your lovely gifts :) it's been a pleasure and a great honor to be on the receiving end!! You're very talented in creating :)

Sorry if there's typo's. I'm on my cellphone and it can barely handle the browser!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Think I forgot to comment here, but the midcentury modern looks great! And again, love the recolors. Especially some of the wood tones and that kitchen wall! :smiley:
    @KaytayRoall finally downloaded them and will have some time to go in game today. Can't wait to see them do their thing :)
    pkJ66Kv.png
    @KaytayRoall finally downloaded them and will have some time to go in game today. Can't wait to see them do their thing :)

Yay! :) I'm glad you're getting settled in and have found some time to play. I hope you have fun and would love to hear what they get up to in your game, if you care to share.
    If my chaotic self doesn't forget I sure will share with you @KaytayRoall :) they are great in my game! And the house! Woww!!!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    @KaytayRoall I've been playing with your Sims today! They are great! Especially the plantsim is so much fun, never played with before :) thanks again and again for your gifts. Today I put them in a new house because I also wanted to play with some new CC, they have the most awesome cars;

original.jpg

I've been having a lot of fun with it. The coming week I won't have much time, but after that week I have a week full of nothing, so there'll be plenty time to enjoy them :)
    pkJ66Kv.png