The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims don't wear their party outfit

BromsiekatBromsiekat Posts: 96 Member
Hi,

Why do sims never wear their party outfit when they go to a nightclub? They used to do that. Now I have to ask them to change to their party outfit. I just figured out that when I go to a lounge, sims do actually wear their party outfit.
Post edited by Bromsiekat on

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I think each of the lots has a specific dress code tagged to it so they only wear them when the tag is present unless you put them in the outfit but I could be wrong on that. Also, no idea if there's a way to change that 'tag' or not.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Bromsiekat wrote: »
    Hi,

Why do sims never wear their party outfit when they go to a nightclub? They used to do that. Now I have to ask them to change to their party outfit. I just figured out that when I go to a lounge, sims do actually wear their party outfit.

Something was changed about night clubs in the game. Yes, my Sims used to be out walking around at 2:00 A.M. in their frampy party clothes but you are right since clubs in the game they no longer change into them even if not in a club.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I've only seen sims change into their party wear if they're at the lounge or get invited to a birthday party.
    They wear their everyday clothes for bars, nightclubs, and dance parties
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I've only seen sims change into their party wear if they're at the lounge or get invited to a birthday party.
    They wear their everyday clothes for bars, nightclubs, and dance parties

Before GT they wore their party clothes to every night club in the game or if we built one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    I bought my game on December 2014 and my sims from the current household never changed clothes while going on a specific type of lot. I was really disappointed because I saw that happen in a Maxis gameplay before the release
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
    edited February 2016
    Well they are supposed to wear their party outfits when going to clubs so you might want to move this to the bug thread so they may fix it. I don't know why others didn't see this when Sims went to nightclubs but it broke in my game when they patched in groups. They wear the group outfits and even my own Sims that aren't in clubs don't switch to party clothes since then.