Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of the Sims Medieval?????

2...Next

Comments

• dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I liked the aesthetic of it, but it was too much of a RPG than anything with real plot. I preferred the Sims Life Stories.
    It was also very restricting with the camera view options.
  • DeetoxicityDeetoxicity Posts: 20 Member
    Loved this tbh, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I adored it.
  • colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    I love Sims Medieval. The sense of humor just gets me right there. It's like classic Sims humor dialed up to 21. Also, I was able to make super gorgeous heroes.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited November 2016
    This game has charmed me. Ordinarily, I am the king of sandbox play, but I find the tiered levels of structure provided by responsibilities, quest objectives and ambitions nest neatly like Russian dolls, give me benchmarks to shoot for, and at the same time leave enough play time free to do my own thing.

Usually, I'll have my own side-goals in play - either achievements I am trying to fill or, with the Blacksmith especially, ingredients to gather and gear to craft & distribute. And always there are interiors to decorate, and then fine-tune when I see what does and doesn't work in play.

The dollhouse view initially vexed me, but I have become more adept at getting the camera pointed where I want it within the constraints imposed. I miss some freedom of customization (I am a Create A Style fiend in TS3), but at the same time limited costume choices are incentive to pursue achievements and open up new content.

So a few minuses, but many, many plusses. This is a totally different kind of play than I get in TS3, and on my 4th ambition I am still finding novelty even in repeated quests, through taking different paths or using different heroes. Even quests taking the same path with the same hero (Rise of a Playwright, for instance, I have always taken the "Hard Work" approach - my Bard is an artist, and I am averse to plagiarism personally) I am still having fun.

Totally worth the $20 of birthday money I spent on the game. Your mileage may vary, but I'd recommend it.

EDIT - Oops, forgot I had already responded on a previous page. :D My comments stand, however - I am still having fun.
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    I love The Sims Medieval. It has a simplicity that feels lost in the base games to me with so many places and features, there's a quaint charm about the quests and responsibilities style of play. I agree with @Sindocat though about the limited potential for customization, it is a bit of a bummer if you're used to TS3/4.

But I'm a Dungeons & Dragons-style RPG fiend, so TSM majorly appeals to me. :blush:
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016
    I still like it. It's graphics and detail are one of the better RPGs to me. Especially, since it is medieval times. The detail on clothing and objects etc. is just breathtaking to me. I can sometimes count the threads which immersion matters to me. I really loved the CASt and the creating a Sim since it's sliders offered more even than TS3 CAS sliders do. The Sims look more mature in TSM and one of the reasons it appealed to me. I'm not a fan of they moodlet system but in TSM it works well, since it makes sense for performance sake and the fatal flaws were something I really enjoyed playing with in that game. I intend to one day find the EP for it on disc, refuse to buy it from Origin since I don't need Origin for the original game, and then I will play it again when I feel like it. But waiting for someone to offer it cheap since it's an old game, now, and on disc. No Origin requirement. The music was perfect for me, best ever right up there with TS1's music choices. Especially loved the ballots and the jig tunes for the fiddle. Music through out the game just helps with the environment and your belief it is medieval times. They did a great job on that game other than a few bugged quests.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DeetoxicityDeetoxicity Posts: 20 Member
    I absolutely love this game, it's often my go to when I'm feeling a little bored of 3/4
  • Westcoastgirl34Westcoastgirl34 Posts: 113 Member
    I love the game :D
    Never regret anything that made you smile <3

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • bmoore1980ILbmoore1980IL Posts: 9 New Member
    I loved it. It saddens me that we never got new content past that one expansion pack. Nor did we get any sequels with new features.