Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack?

I'm not sure if there are already hundreds of these threads out there... But I wanted to make one so I could see everybody's ideas.
We got 2 expansion packs in 2015. GTW in April and GT in December. If we can follow this timeline, we should be expecting a new Ep around July.
I'm hoping for Seasons or Pets, maybe something family-oriented, I'm not really sure. A farming pack would be really cool too, and I've seen a bunch of threads about that.
But what are you guys hoping for? What is your biggest wish for the next Ep? What are some new features you'd like to be added in the pack? And what do you THINK the next pack will be?
Please don't use this thread to bash either of the Eps that are already out. I've done my fair share of ranting but this is not the thread for that.
I just want to see people's ideas.

Comments

• Options
    Josie8699Josie8699 Posts: 9 New Member
    I really really want the Pets Expansion pack. I even put together a few things
    Moods
    Smell of wet dog: uncomfortable +1- animal lovers are immune to this

Slobbery(if squeamish): uncomfortable +1 - Animals are so slimy and gross

Too much noise: tense +1 - that dog just wont stop barking!, happens less to animal lovers

Traits
    Animal Lover- gains happiness around animals, has more interaction options, has better interaction outcomes, trains animals faster; conflicts with hates animals and squeamish

Hates animals- similar to hates kids traits, can tease animals; conflicts with animal lover
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I would love Seasons. It would completely change the game for the better. I miss seeing my Sims getting soaked, sunburned or playing in the snow. It's such a simple idea but it can have great impact on gameplay. Outdoor activities should be a major theme too, as well as holidays, gift giving, celebratory dinners, new social interactions and season-orientated clothing. A Seasons expansion could be one of the best expansions for the Sims 4 yet.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ninjapipaninjapipa Posts: 27 New Member
    im really hoping for the sims pets any time i hear something new come up i think pets however i loved all the vampire stuff too which i was surprised not to see in the get together expansion, maybe im thinking they may bring out a separate one for vamps, werewolf, witches ect but going by the old ones for the sims 3 im looking for pets, university and seasons :smile:
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    I hang on other forums and most peoples want seasons or pets. It is really urgent for many players.
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    Showtime.
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    @Josie8699 Those are great ideas! I love those traits!

@ParmaViolet87 Yay! Seasons! I can't wait to see all of my child Sims playing in the snow! Celebratory dinners and gift giving would be great, especially if the holiday parties are a little bit better than they were in TS3.

@ninjapipa I hope we get vampires too. I think that a lot of people were annoyed by the aliens in GTW and so they don't want to include that kind of thing except for perhaps in the Supernatural pack (assuming we get one of those). But I'm like you, mostly waiting for the essential parts of a life simulator... pets, university, seasons...

Does anyone have an idea as to when EA will start talking about the new pack? They announced GT on August 5 and released it in December, so maybe March?
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I really want Seasons or Pets, but especially Seasons, it was one of my favorite EPs in 2 and 3

I hope they announce something towards the end of this month or early March. I just want something to look forward too, cause I wasn't a big fan of Get Together (or at least the club aspect of it)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Generations.
    We need it.
    Expanded every aspect of Young Adult life.
    Now let's position it back on the other life stages.
    Elder even need more things to do besides sitting around waiting for the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 reaper. tbh.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Generations.
    We need it.
    Expanded every aspect of Young Adult life.
    Now let's position it back on the other life stages.
    Elder even need more things to do besides sitting around waiting for the plum reaper. tbh.

I agree with you and isn't it weird how they'll happily talk about Sims 1, 2, and 4 but are mostly silent about 3 shows they feel a little guilty about Sims 4, hey!

Share this around : EA and Maxis you cant ignore us about Toddlers and other things, if you do you are HEARTLESS where is that can do attitude, oh it went in the bin! Why did it go in the bin? you ask, because of Maxis getting poor reception about SimCity so they scrapped Sims Olympus with one year left they went to EA to ask for more time, EA said no! well Maxis I'm sick of your not enough time for this or cant be bothered doing this, attitude whos with me, copy and paste if you agree!
  • Options
    JulinhoXD2001JulinhoXD2001 Posts: 141 Member
    I really want Generations and Pets. I want the toddlers and the pre teen soon. And I want animals again in the game. I hope these 2 expansions packs come this year!!!!
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I definitely want either Pets, Seasons, or Generations. I'd be happy with either of those. We have an "Ambitions" type EP and a nightlife themed EP, so I think those three are the ones that we need to make the game feel complete. After that we could get the more fun and unique EPs like Supernatural. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I definitely want either Pets, Seasons, or Generations. I'd be happy with either of those. We have an "Ambitions" type EP and a nightlife themed EP, so I think those three are the ones that we need to make the game feel complete. After that we could get the more fun and unique EPs like Supernatural. Just my opinion.

Yes, because we need the essentials before the icing on the cake. :)
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Generations

University

Pets

Seasons

FreeTime
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    The one I want the most to be next is Seasons! Weather, seasons, atmosphere! It would really add a lot of shine to the overall environment.
  • Options
    @rjssim I would adore seasons. sitting on the porch with a cup of tea, watching the leaves fall..Holiday parties, gift-giving, and playing in the snow in the winter. Pretty flowers in the spring, and maybe allergies? And then of course pool parties and sunburns! So many possibilities!
  • Options
    @orangehippogriff I agree, it really would add a nice touch to all the outdoor stuff. It be cool to see them add some kind of a mountain for skiing and snowboarding.
  • Options
    @rjssim Ooooh skiing and snowboarding! I bet the animations could be so hilarious. Maybe clumsy sims would bump into trees all of the time.
  • Options
    LyndieFoxLyndieFox Posts: 220 Member
    I'm dying for Supernatural, Generations, and Seasons.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Sorry about dissing EA, This was not the place to say this, my apologies
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @orangehippogriff Haha, that would be great. That's another thing I like about the Sims 4. The Sims themselves just do things that make you laugh. It's happened quite a few times where I'm like, "What the heck!" LOL!
  • Options
    @rjssim I agree wholeheartedly. I think the goofiness of the sims is one of my favorite things about the game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm not sure if there are already hundreds of these threads out there... But I wanted to make one so I could see everybody's ideas.
    We got 2 expansion packs in 2015. GTW in April and GT in December. If we can follow this timeline, we should be expecting a new Ep around July.
    I'm hoping for Seasons or Pets, maybe something family-oriented, I'm not really sure. A farming pack would be really cool too, and I've seen a bunch of threads about that.
    But what are you guys hoping for? What is your biggest wish for the next Ep? What are some new features you'd like to be added in the pack? And what do you THINK the next pack will be?
    Please don't use this thread to bash either of the Eps that are already out. I've done my fair share of ranting but this is not the thread for that.

July is too late for an ep. I"d say May and at latest early June.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member

July is too late for an ep. I"d say May and at latest early June.

Yeah, May and June seem to be the next Epansion's debut. But, I would like the Expansion to be worked on for as long as it needs to be worked on. The new gameplay has to be great. :)
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited February 2016
    Get Together has dance skill and dance battle. In a future expansion pack, I want it to involve rap skill, rap battle, and a new world. Sims can improve their rap skill by rap battling. Sims can rap battle, anywhere, like a club, their house, on the sidewalk, etc. When two Sims are rap battling, a crowd gathers and watches. There can be rounds like round 1, round 2, and round 3. Also, there can be points. There should be a reward after winning. The rapper with the most points wins. The crowd reacts like saying "ohhhhhh or ooooooh!" That would be awesome.

I noticed that both expansion packs have the word get. Maybe, the next expansion pack can be called Get Successful.
    Post edited by uzumo on
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'd like to see Generations, Apartments or Free Time next.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS