Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vanilla or Mods ?

2...Next

Comments

• ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    In TS2, vanilla

In TS3, mostly vanilla. I tried mods and mostly found them more confusing than helpful. I had a brief spate of CC hair, but couldn't get past floating pony tails above clothes and gave up on it not long after.

In TS4, vanilla
  • illuminatisimmerilluminatisimmer Posts: 9 New Member
    I use cc and mods, I can't stand the base game hair, especially in TS3 and I use mods like Go To School by Zerbu in TS4 just for some extra fun and mods that fix things, like the spicy food thing in TS4. :)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    To those who play vanilla, how can you live without clutter? Or without nicer outfits? Better hair?
    Most of the cc I have is clutter objects, outfits and hair.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Stormy_WintersStormy_Winters Posts: 127 Member
    Clutter ? I have ocd. I like my sims homes to be neat and clean looking.As for better hair I only look at maxis match because I can't stand that plastic looking straw hair but I still choose to be cc free.I appreciate everything maxis gifted in the game and I never get tired of it so that's how I live with it lol.Hair,clothes,furniture lets me mix and match as much as I want and it all goes together.
    I use cc and mods, I can't stand the base game hair, especially in TS3 and I use mods like Go To School by Zerbu in TS4 just for some extra fun and mods that fix things, like the spicy food thing in TS4. :)

Your name makes me uncomfortable...
    Clutter ? I have ocd. I like my sims homes to be neat and clean looking.
    Fair point.
    But clutter is really just stuff to make the home look more lived in. Bowls of fruit, wine glasses, bottles of wine, a boars head (srsly, looks great at medival dinner parties), books to have casually laying about, gardening tools to make it look like someone actually does some work to make the garden look so nice.
    Movotti wrote: »
    Clutter ? I have ocd. I like my sims homes to be neat and clean looking.
    Fair point.
    But clutter is really just stuff to make the home look more lived in. Bowls of fruit, wine glasses, bottles of wine, a boars head (srsly, looks great at medival dinner parties), books to have casually laying about, gardening tools to make it look like someone actually does some work to make the garden look so nice.

The game I play has plenty of decorations for all of that and btw im speaking of ts2.That game has more than enough deco items
    im speaking of ts2.That game has more than enough deco items

Nah.
    I had millions of CC objects to improve it.
  • love9soulslove9souls Posts: 76 Member
    Mods handsdown
    tumblr_nnyv751ryH1uv05lbo1_250.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    im speaking of ts2.That game has more than enough deco items

Nah.
    I had millions of CC objects to improve it.

I have the ultimate collection so each expansion and stuff pack gives me a bunch of items and options to recolor so i beg to differ ;) I love all the maxis items.
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    A ton of cc and nraas mods.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2016
    I must have mods and I use default CC for skin and eyes. The rest is whatever I feel the game lacks... which is not much when you own all of the packs + store.

Certain NRaas mods for TS3 help stabilize the game but it doesn't work magic on computers that simply don't meet the games requirements + extra content that you can add (packs + downloaded content).. But even with a proper gaming PC, the game is still 32-bit with bad coding.

Relying on the exchange (TS3) for CC is just asking for it. It is always recommended to go to a custom content host site or directly to the creators site for CC. Most people fail to read the content description. Mods (sometimes CC) can and will break after a patch. It is up to the user to check back for updates. - This is just basic info not aimed at anyone specific.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I need cc and mods to play the games.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I tried a mod once for realistic skin & eye colors. It worked for a while then it messed my game up. I had to uninstall it but my game was still messed up. I had to rebuy my old expansion games, Gameplays & Stuff games that went missing on my computer. Never again.
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    (Missed opportunity- this thread should have included a poll. :))
    Vanilla.
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2019
    Vanilla. Although kijiko's eyelashes are super tempting.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited August 2019
    hali wrote: »
    (Missed opportunity- this thread should have included a poll. :))
    Vanilla.

This. :)
    Always kept it vanilla, except in TS3 I dabbled with CC.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top