Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vanilla or Mods ?

In all sims games do you like to play with cc and mods or vanilla ? Im a vanilla person :)

Comments

• Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Vanilla. I've never tried to use mods. I don't know how to download them, and worry about viruses so I don't use them.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    WIth caramel, nuts, cocolate chips, fish and a turnip.
    It all starts good, but gets a bit weird.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    CC and mods. Some bugs are just too annoying and I get tired of the outfit options very quickly.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I'm the exact same as @Evenstar606. I tried to play the Sims 3 again (but it kept on crashing) and there were some mods I found that were supposed to help with the crashing but I couldn't manage it. So nothing ever came of it, even though there were a bunch I wanted to try out. Sadly, I'm technologically impaired.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I've heard about a lot of cool Mods, though. Like Zerbu's Go to School Mod.
  • Options
    Stormy_WintersStormy_Winters Posts: 127 Member
    Vanilla. I've never tried to use mods. I don't know how to download them, and worry about viruses so I don't use them.

That's how i feel.Got some cool cc once from the exchange and it killed my desktop.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have a few mods - mostly to expand "adult" options - but am pulling the folder because I think it's messing with one of my saves, I don't use CC, however, and only introduced mods recently enough that I am comfortable disabling them and playing without.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I used mods in ts3 to expand 'adult' options as @Sindocat phrased it not very much CC.
    In ts4 I use a fair bit of CC for my 'boys' and occasionally use a mod for aliens abductions.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    CC and mods all the way. I've used them since a few months into TS3's time and don't know how to play without them now, prior to TS3 I never used them but now that I have there's no turning back.
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I use custom content and mods. I can't play without default skin replacements and a specific mod that I can't say the name of.

I like Sims with a "matte" skin appearance, so I need to use mods/CC to help with that.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    parisgracexparisgracex Posts: 80 Member
    Vanilla, i've tried mods before and they're just not for me
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I always go vanilla. I use some custom content but as soon as EA releases what I want like better lipsticks etc, I will take the cc out.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Stormy_WintersStormy_Winters Posts: 127 Member
    If only they had good maxis match cc years ago I would have kept it in my games.my sim always looked greasy with straw hair so I took it all out but it was too late.
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    TS2 - loads of cc skins, clothing and hairs etc. I don't think I used any mods though except maybe a decensor.
    TS3 - loads of CAS cc especially hairs because the EA hairs in that game are hideous and a few mods to make the game playable (Twallen's of course)
    TS4 - Vanilla. Love the graphics and have not found I have needed any mods to date. I did initially download some cc beds because I do wish we had more beds in the game but I ended up deleting them because the textures looked all wrong.

Sometimes in TS3 I spent more time downloading cc than I did actually playing the game.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I use mods and CC. It started in TS2 and has carried on from there.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    CC and mods. I've been a CC addict since Sims 1, when I found my first CC fridge on TSR. I wasn't introduced to mods until the last part of Sims 3 when I found NRaas mods. It's been on since.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    I used to go vanilla with my TS3 game. Then when I decided to try mods, I used them instead (no CC though)

Then it became a weird mix of "Start Vanilla, add in mods later" (when I decided the time was right to do so).
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    If there's one thing I don't get, it's the mods from The Sims 2 that were apparently supposed to enhance the eyes, only to make them a lot more creepy.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Mods. I play Sims 3 and had problems with the car spawning bug (some sims got hundreds of cars in their inventories, and it made the game lag like crazy) so I have to use NRaas mods that take care of bugs and errors. And a mod from another place that silences the bicycle bell, that caused the sound lag. The NRaas series of mods are always very well tested before they are released. :smile:

And I like quality CC.

So the mods and CC make my game more enjoyable and with less problems.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    mods and ccc.. it makes that game thzt extra bit realistic or conpletely random.. i have lots of cc
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    In TS2, I've tried CC to get sims to look less cartoony and more mature. I think I have a default skin, eyes and hairstyles so far. But at first, I only played as is because I didn't even know CC/Mods existed. I didn't really visit the forum or other sites at all and just played the game. It wasn't until before the release of TS3, that I started playing TS2 and then came across CC.

At first, I've played TS3 just as is and then added CC like hair, clothes, shoes, accessories, furniture, decorations...that sort of content. Then I stopped using CC because I thought it was the reason for having graphical errors but no, it was because the video card was not even compatible for TS3. In fact, I was playing TS3 on a computer I was using for school work, so it was not even a gaming desktop. So I pretty much quit TS3 for a few months until later that year I got a gaming laptop for Christmas and it ran TS3 wonderfully. From then on, I decided to keep the game as is without any 3rd party content and was still having a lot of fun minus the glitches that took forever to fix or never fixed at all. I didn't go back to using CC until around UL because I was so disappointed in the lack of ethnic hair. I mean sure, most Africans do not wear their natural hair but I would have loved the options to have those beautiful natural hairstyles and hair textures for both male and female, both young and old. Plus not much of a variety in hair textures in general anyway since everything is mostly straight. And to me, there is a huge difference between one with naturally curly/wavy hair than one with straight hair who curls their hair. From there, I was curious about default eyes and skin so tried those out as I prefer more realism. And that started with a bunch of other CC/Mods that help to enrich my game even more. Basically using CC/Mods helps a great deal with the replayability factor. I also use mods to help correct some of EA's errors they caused and never bothered to fix. Another reason I like CC is the lack of infant, toddler, child, teen and elder content in the official game. To me, that wouldn't be much of a problem if all those age groups especially infants and toddlers were fleshed out in-depth.
    Here is a family photo using Pose Player and Pose Packs. I definitely want to take another family photo since I have changed things now.
    29g09vp.jpg

Other random pictures of enjoying CC/Mods.
    21mb6rl.jpg
    2qnxq8o.jpg
    dgj5hw.jpg
    11w9h4z.jpg
    2ckazc.jpg

I wish most textures could be EA match but unfortunately, not many do EA match hair textures.
    2lw53c4.jpg

1jaryr.jpg
    1zlw5ki.jpg
    23i6wih.jpg
    2vifnno.jpg
    72ai4g.jpg
    qn4iog.jpg
    2q1c5kp.jpg
    1114e1h.jpg
    2n1gfpf.jpg

Sims look good as is but I just prefer more realism.

No CC
    2rwqhaf.jpg

With CC
    2sam6c4.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    Vanilla, occasionaly I try to add in new custom content to make outfits a little more wacky, but half the time when you get in game they don't look nearly as good as when you saw the image to download them. Then there's the whole bugs issue with it.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I get thirsty for new CAS things, so I usually get CC after playing vanilla for a while. I love it if they're maxis match CC, as those are usually the only ones I do use often. More realistic stuff I sometimes just have a folder for whenever I just want to play in CAS.

As for gameplay, I usually only get mods that fix certain elements of gameplay for me. For 2, the only mod I use is the one that silences all the "We're not friends anymore because you don't call me 90 times a day" notifications, NRaas for 3 for lag, and MC Command Center for 4 for story progression. :)

I tend to make several backup saves naturally, so if I ever encounter a bug, I can always roll back and remove whatever I think caused it.
  • Options
    figmentzfigmentz Posts: 504 Member
    Usually, I just like to play with the vanilla game (with overwatch to make it less laggy). I do have some mods and cc, though, and put them in occasionally when I feel like playing with them.
    simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    The only mod/CC I have ever used (and am currently using) is MC Command Center for help with story progression. I don't like the look of CC, and in general, don't trust mods, but the lack of story progression in TS4 just kills me! So far it's been fabulous and the creator keeps it up-to-date, running smoothly, and makes it easy to use for someone who isn't good at that kind of stuff (aka me).
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top