February 15 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!
How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Our curation guide got a revamp! If you want to get an insight on how Maxis Faves are curated, check it out!

The Sims 1 Complete Collection on Origin

13...Next

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited March 2018
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I wonder if it's because a lot of people can't install it on newer systems. They'd probably have to make some modifications to make it available. I think it would be an amazing gesture to the community to offer it.

I finally figured out the reason we can't install it on our newer computers. Sims original is like 16 bit? Most computers today are 64 bit. If they would change that one thing, I'm pretty sure I could get my game to play once again!

Recently, they made Theme Hospital, which would not run from disk, availabe. I have it. The download will run on my Windows 10, 64 bit computer. I suspect, if they did the same with the original Sims game, it would work as well. :)

You can make it run though, you just need to use some tricks :) kinda like you need to use dosbox to play the old jack jazz rabbits (which I think are even older than TS1). But I'm sure others have already explained how :) anyway I loved TS1 but I probably wouldn't be playing it anymore today even if I still knew where the discs are. I'd rather go back to 2 or 3 then (even if I will forever miss the chemistry table #RIPTS)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 3,148 Member
    edited March 2018
    The best thing about The Sims Complete collection as it is now is that you do not have to install Origin to sign on for it.
    (you don't even have to register it as that fails every time but still plays).

I have just installed it easily from the CDs on an older Windows 7 laptop which I am now just using to play older games on. I've disabled all wi fi and ethernet connections and it is just bliss to have no updates or interruptions which I got in Windows 10. The game runs beautifully on W7.

My tip is not to throw away all of your old Windows 7 or even XP PCs or laptops. They are still useful.

Even Windows 8.1 is running another Sims 4 install better, with no interruptions, as my backup machine.
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    My tip is not to throw away all of your old Windows 7 or even XP PCs or laptops. They are still useful.

Good tip, until they suddenly become a brick one day.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • xteamppxteampp Posts: 16 Member
    Are there any news about this? Will this game be available again some day?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 11,222 Member
    I wonder if it's because a lot of people can't install it on newer systems. They'd probably have to make some modifications to make it available. I think it would be an amazing gesture to the community to offer it.

i can't get it to work at all on windows 10
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 213 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

i can't get it to work at all on windows 10

I installed everything from my original disks. There was some "ikernel" error preventing the installation to kick off but deleted the old ikernel file in the installshield folder and it took off and installed fine. Next step was to download a fixed exe file so it could run under win10 so it is possible.
  • mslvlydluxmslvlydlux Posts: 2 New Member
    Trying to install Sim 1 Complete Collection on Windows Vista.It will only say "unknown error aborting set up."Can someone please help me.I am so desperate to play the Sims one.Thank you.
13...Next