Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody still play The Sims 3?

Comments

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    The point of Internet enabled toasters will be that everyone on LinkedGoogFaceIn+ (don't ask) will be able to see in real time what you have toasting and thus know at least part of what you are having for breakfast or a snack. That and you can change your toaster settings on the fly using your smartphone's keypad. It will be one of those "solutions in search of a real problem" things.

I can relate to the coffee spew. Something online made me laugh enough just the other day to do this, what a mess. The scary thing is that I was drinking tea at the time, or at least I thought I was... :|

Wow ... Love the "solutions in search of a real problem" adage.
    I managed to get that and the LinkedGoogFaceIn reference even before the coffee kicked in good.

Great Job ... :D

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2017
    Sims 3 is so good for writting better than sims 2 and better than sims 4 it always brings me inspiration to say something after a couple of game cession time to understand and get to know deeper my sims . I have more than a hundred and it's hard to have ideas when I don't use to play somebody else than my simself but nevermind.
    I just find sims 3 people so fascinating , to me they are deeper people than I could think first , I just would wish to have more animations, more interactions, a couple of more traits and more emotions . After a couple of tries they always have to tell me something when they start to unveil their real personality to me. I am totally in owe.

Maybe some of you will tell me I have too much imagination and so I fantasized and I should have a life outside , to meet real people maybe you are right and I won't be angry with you but to me that's maybe the reason why I stuck to sims 3. (and you won't be really wrong I have imagination too much even though I am almost an adult now) I am too much close to my Vallerians (people of my Sunset Valley) that's crazy. They brings me a lot of positive stuffs I don't want to play with anyone else.
    Emotions not as the sims 4 despite the only advantage is more facial expressions , some are pretty cute I admit. I don't like the rotation of them.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    I'm currently on a break from the sims, but when I get that itch again it's sims 3 all the way.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Recently I haven't had any time to play The Sims 3 or The Sims 2. By the time I get done running around I'm torn between sleeping and whatever other needs or wants I have and most of the time sleep wins out.

It stinks because I really, really, really want to play the Sims 3 and I've finally gotten The Sims 2 UC downloaded and have fallen into a wormhole of CC which makes me want to play the Sims 3 even more because I could just change what colors and textures I didn't like of the clothes, walls, floors, etc in the game. Maybe I'll be able to play it today. I hope I'll be able to play today. :weary:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    @igazor Sorry if my replies are dated. I’m never online as much as I’d like to be and have even been neglecting my Sims lately. They’ll punish me the way they always do – by being Sims.

Yes, that link would be the one. Which led me to Twallan’s goodbye post as well. :(

With CCMagic, I’ve seen videos about it and read that it will work with 1.69, but I’ve also come across a lot of people who say that their CC doesn’t ever appear or suddenly ceases to appear.

I wrote up a too-long post about it just now, going too far into it and S3PE and all that (pros and cons, etc...), but then realized that it was, well, too long for this thread. Suffice to say that I wish Granthes had managed to fulfill his vision for the next version of it that he outlined in the thread devoted to CCMagic on MTS (I was drooling). His vision for it was incredible (seriously, drool all the way down my shirt). His last post in that thread was him saying that he’d be around for a long time, but then silence. :( His site is gone and I’m left hoping (at this point, years later) that he’s at least okay (i.e. nothing bad happened to him). I’m in awe of what did create, but have chosen (perhaps to my own detriment) to stick with S3PE and managing my own content for reasons that are too long to go into here.

I’m surprised to learn that not even Steam users can reap the benefits of Easy Casp Editor on 1.67. I could’ve sworn that I’d read a post somewhere stating that they’d managed to avert that disaster (I believe that post even told people to re-buy the game and switch over if they wanted to use it - apparently a *major* incorrect answer). My condolences on being in the same club I’m in (no one wants to join that club).

It would seem that the only way for anyone to achieve those results now then would be to edit the items individually in the FullBuild packages. That would be…daunting (to say the least). All EA would have had to do was name the thumbnails to make the process simple, but no, not for us lowly peons. I’ve been wracking my brain for awhile now trying to figure out how to make the process feasible, but have thus far come up with little more than a weird tingling sensation inside my skull.
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Did somebody say coffee?
    tumblr_inline_nzmnze882n1sksvwq_500.gif
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • jinningsjinnings Posts: 13 New Member
    Myself totally no. Not sure about others people.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes.

(everytime this topic pops up that’s my answer :p )
    (coffeeee, good idea)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited November 2017
    I took a glance at the Expansion Pack forum for TS4 and I've noticed that the new pets expansion has brought a lot of game breaking bugs with it. It's a shame, because one of the perks they advertised for sims 4 was that it would be a lot better in performance than The Sims 3, which is of course known to become quite unplayable after a while if you don't use any of the NRAAS mods to fix most of the bugs. It seems they are losing that advantage now that the game is getting a bit 'bigger'. Hopefully their patch team will be better than the Sims 3 one. (Though for me personally it doesn't really matter, I'm never going back to Sims 4 anyways).
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    "the new pets expansion has brought a lot of game breaking bugs with it"

TS4 Players be like:
    JimCarreyNuts2.jpg
    "NOOOES!!!! WHY IS MY GAME NOT WORKING!!!!?"

TS3 Players be like:
    jimcarreydance.gif
    "Our game's working just fine..."

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited November 2017
    TS3 Players be like:
    jimcarreydance.gif
    "Our game's working just fine..."
    There's not nearly enough lag in that gif, but at least it's not The Sims 4.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
    edited November 2017
    Recently I haven't had any time to play The Sims 3 or The Sims 2. By the time I get done running around I'm torn between sleeping and whatever other needs or wants I have and most of the time sleep wins out.

It stinks because I really, really, really want to play the Sims 3 and I've finally gotten The Sims 2 UC downloaded and have fallen into a wormhole of CC which makes me want to play the Sims 3 even more because I could just change what colors and textures I didn't like of the clothes, walls, floors, etc in the game. Maybe I'll be able to play it today. I hope I'll be able to play today. :weary:

sims 2 is mythic , yes you have 50.000 package of recolours , it needs some improvement as sims 3 but that's a great game.

@Nikkei_Simmer preach it the perfect sims 4 has broken cc :'( it was the end of the world. A taste of déjà-vu in sims 2, sims 3.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    BlameJarJarBinks.jpg

@Simsophonique

I blame Jar-Jar. :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    BlameJarJarBinks.jpg

@Simsophonique

I blame Jar-Jar. :D:mrgreen:

Of course, Jar-Jar ! :blush: He's so big he broke the double bed.
    (no we shoudldn't blame on xxx for not put the pets in the base game as thoughtful players claims for years)
  • galentvgalentv Posts: 4 New Member
    I installed the trial version of sims 4 for like a year ago and still haven't played it
  • RhiannaRhianna Posts: 63 Member
    I prefer Sims 3 to Sims 4. I'm not sure why, but I think that Sims 4 is just less addicting, and I always notice myself going back to Sims 3.
    cropped-cropped-a-rainbow-blossoms61.jpg
  • ValuablePineappleValuablePineapple Posts: 1 New Member
    I do!
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    I went to the Sims 3 store this weekend just to "browse". I lost my mind and bought a bunch of sim points and proceeded to get The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery and The Now & Then Century Manor. And now of course I have a bunch of new things to try out, so I will be a building fool next weekend. Yes...I'm weak when it's comes to TS3.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I think we can all be a bit weak when it comes to TS3 in here. I think most TS3 players understand that the game is ambitious but a bit dodgy, and we forgive it its faults because it still is entertaining and sometimes endearing.
    I don't quite yet own the store - there are a few bucket hat hairs and what not that I refuse to buy, but I own most of it. I spent money on TS3 knowing its problems because I do get a lot of enjoyment from it. Even more so that EA no longer have their grubby fingers into patches and stuff.
    At least I know that whatever is broken will stay broken, unless the community manages to fix it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    thevogel wrote: »
    I went to the Sims 3 store this weekend just to "browse". I lost my mind and bought a bunch of sim points and proceeded to get The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery and The Now & Then Century Manor. And now of course I have a bunch of new things to try out, so I will be a building fool next weekend. Yes...I'm weak when it's comes to TS3.

@thevogel Looking forward to seeing your creations. :) Have fun playing Sims 3. :) Today was pretty much a "no-play" day. ~sigh~ Too much stuff to do, now that I'm feeling better (somewhat) - don't aspirate water.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I don't PLAY TS3, I live it! LOL

Best yet! :D

• Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    Yup I still play it , tho I wish they released a new patch that kind of fixed some remaining bugs and glitches that really affect the gameplay in some of the sims3 games ( like TS3 Island paradise ) , but other than that I love playing it still and I actually started TS4 quite recently because I didn't want to forget TS3 so quickly hehe :D
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I don't PLAY TS3, I live it! LOL
    Yes! That’s the thing isn’t it, that’s the thing.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Yup I still play it , tho I wish they released a new patch that kind of fixed some remaining bugs and glitches that really affect the gameplay in some of the sims3 games ( like TS3 Island paradise ) , but other than that I love playing it still and I actually started TS4 quite recently because I didn't want to forget TS3 so quickly hehe :D
    There are things you can do to help IP, adjustments you can make. Even for the notorious underwater caves that reset your sim.
    5JZ57S6.png