Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

missing ts2, but can't run it.

lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
i've played the sims since i was 13-14, and i just turned 29 today; needless to say, i have a long (bug-filled) history with the franchise.

i was thinking about going back to ts2, since i've gotten bored with everything else. i own all of the eps, as well as some stuff packs~ i'm able to install them normally, however only half of them work, and compatibility mode does nothing to fix the issue.

any idea how i can actually play my games?

(i am on win7)

thanks!
-von
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    You could try requesting them from EA for Origin. I don't think it would be an issue since you have all the serial numbers.

My guess is your discs might have gone caput.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    maybe; nothing seems to be wrong with them, but i have owned them for 7-8 years now, so it's possible that they're done.

i do still have all the codes, though; thanks!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited February 2016
    How come you need to run them in compatibility mode on windows 7? I've never had 7 i just had vista and now windows 10. But I never had issues with it on vista, which I believeid roughly the same age as 7...or xp i forget the order.

You could try running as administrator. I can't imagine anything would be wrong with the discs if everything installed fine.

EDIT: you could also try graphics rule maker (google it). It helps the game run on 8 and 10, but maybe just the age of the games it could be worth a shot to try.

@Rflong7 , any suggestions?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

My suggestion is to contact Customer support (Under Help at the bottom of the page) and tell them you can't install your Sims 2 games~that you need help... or maybe The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Since you have the codes to your games, it wouldn't hurt to ask. It shouldn't take more than having troubles with installing but keep trying if it does. :)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2016
    maybe; nothing seems to be wrong with them, but i have owned them for 7-8 years now, so it's possible that they're done.

You won't see any physical damage. Discs suffer from a condition known as 'disc rot.' It happens over time, unfortunately. Certain files will basically become corrupt and the drive will be unable to read them--to put it in layman terms. Sometimes the incompatibility stems from newer drives. Particularly blu-ray drives. The blue Ray is shorter than the red ray and has a shorter lifespan, if I recall correctly.

In short, discs (and drives) don't last forever. Surprisingly, EA can be quite gracious in this area. They offered me all the S3 EPs and SPs I once had. All you have to do is contact them and explain your situation. As long as you're reasonable, they will be reasonable too. Be like honey, and you'll attract the bees.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

You won't see any physical damage. Discs suffer from a condition known as 'disc rot.' It happens over time, unfortunately. Certain files will basically become corrupt and the drive will be unable to read them--to put it in layman terms. Sometimes the incompatibility stems from newer drives. Particularly blu-ray drives. The blue Ray is shorter than the red ray and has a shorter lifespan, if I recall correctly.

In short, discs (and drives) don't last forever. Surprisingly, EA can be quite gracious in this area. They offered me all the S3 EPs and SPs I once had. All you have to do is contact them and explain your situation. As long as you're reasonable, they will be reasonable too. Be like honey, and you'll attract the bees.

You never fail to impress me Kremesch! I did not know discs could just go bad. I've never had that happen to any of mine before, ts2 or otherwise.
    So I'd never have been able to share this information with the OP.
  • Options
    that is definitely good to know~ i've never heard of "disc rot", though i'm about as technical as a turnip (lol).

i do have ts2 ultimate collection on my other origin account (downloaded it when it was free) but i can't run it without the base game. i'll try contacting ea and see if they can replace my disc copies~ thank you all :)

-von