Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you guys sure that you really want toddlers?

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I disagree OP!

Yes we should have toddlers in the game and it will benifit players who wanted them since the sims 4 game out.
    As far as im concerned we only have three proper life stages in this game.
    Child and young adult and elder.
    We lost more than toddlers.

We lost newborns. Proper teens as well.

One of the things I was shocked about them messing up the life stages and lack of real family play is a lot of fans who spend huge amounts of money on the past games and online store were family play summers lol!

All those simmers that buy so much content with the store that loved family play including myself got a slap in the face :smile:

We had more family play users than I think they realised.

Having it fixed now won't fix the games other problems but that's no reason for them not to do it!

I do agree with a lot of your points but personally I am looking further into the future for TS5 :smile:

I think that lessons have been learnt by now and by TS5 we will see a big change in attitude.

Why expect things to be half done now when if we actually wait a few years we could see things done properly?

Because a lot of us paid a lot of money for TS4 now or over a year ago. It's okay for people like you who didn't buy (because youve got nothing to lose) but there are plenty of us who invested in a premium game who didn't get a premium quality game.

It's easy when you have nothing invested in something to tell other people to just 'move on' but when you've got a stake in the future of the game because you paid a lot of money please explain how asking for toddlers is any different than the other requests these forums see every single day?

Your logic just doesn't follow. Toddlers aren't connected to any of your other features and issues you mention in any way shape or form. If people aren't 'allowed' to give feedback on a game when they've invested in it just because they aren't happy yet then Maxis would get a very skewed view of what the sims means to people and what everyone is looking for in it.

That approach would mean sims 5 would also miss key stages and other features if they deem it's 'okay' because the people playing TS4 who like the game didn't care for those features so why spend the money developing those features next time!

Good points but my only question is, most people who brought TS4 knew there wasn't going to be toddlers in the game to begin with so why are people so upset about it? It's not like they promised a game with all life stages, cars Open World, CASt ect and then took those features out at the last minute.

From what I am aware there was no false advertising, the 'Live Broadcast' showed the TS4 base game as it as, the emotions system, the partying and even 'teleporting' to lots. No other life stages where shown which showed that the focus was on young adults straight away. That very Live Broadcast put a lot of Simmers off buying the game while it attracted others. Disappointment may have followed from people who expected it to be like TS3 but when they found out the game was too different they blame the lack of toddlers, Had toddlers been included in the base game I doubt many people would have been much happier, it would just be TS4 but with toddlers rather than without and all the other complaints would still be expressed by players.

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I disagree OP!

Yes we should have toddlers in the game and it will benifit players who wanted them since the sims 4 game out.
    As far as im concerned we only have three proper life stages in this game.
    Child and young adult and elder.
    We lost more than toddlers.

We lost newborns. Proper teens as well.

One of the things I was shocked about them messing up the life stages and lack of real family play is a lot of fans who spend huge amounts of money on the past games and online store were family play summers lol!

All those simmers that buy so much content with the store that loved family play including myself got a slap in the face :smile:

We had more family play users than I think they realised.

Having it fixed now won't fix the games other problems but that's no reason for them not to do it!

I do agree with a lot of your points but personally I am looking further into the future for TS5 :smile:

I think that lessons have been learnt by now and by TS5 we will see a big change in attitude.

Why expect things to be half done now when if we actually wait a few years we could see things done properly?

Because a lot of us paid a lot of money for TS4 now or over a year ago. It's okay for people like you who didn't buy (because youve got nothing to lose) but there are plenty of us who invested in a premium game who didn't get a premium quality game.

It's easy when you have nothing invested in something to tell other people to just 'move on' but when you've got a stake in the future of the game because you paid a lot of money please explain how asking for toddlers is any different than the other requests these forums see every single day?

Your logic just doesn't follow. Toddlers aren't connected to any of your other features and issues you mention in any way shape or form. If people aren't 'allowed' to give feedback on a game when they've invested in it just because they aren't happy yet then Maxis would get a very skewed view of what the sims means to people and what everyone is looking for in it.

That approach would mean sims 5 would also miss key stages and other features if they deem it's 'okay' because the people playing TS4 who like the game didn't care for those features so why spend the money developing those features next time!

Good points but my only question is, most people who brought TS4 knew there wasn't going to be toddlers in the game to begin with so why are people so upset about it? It's not like they promised a game with all life stages, cars Open World, CASt ect and then took those features out at the last minute.

From what I am aware there was no false advertising, the 'Live Broadcast' showed the TS4 base game as it as, the emotions system, the partying and even 'teleporting' to lots. No other life stages where shown which showed that the focus was on young adults straight away. That very Live Broadcast put a lot of Simmers off buying the game while it attracted others. Disappointment may have followed from people who expected it to be like TS3 but when they found out the game was too different they blame the lack of toddlers, Had toddlers been included in the base game I doubt many people would have been much happier, it would just be TS4 but with toddlers rather than without and all the other complaints would still be expressed by players.

Hi king,

I slightly agree, some people did knwo toddlers wouldn't be in the base game but I along with many others didn't know this. I saw those CAS videos in 2014 and although the toddlers weren't shown Ea did not mention that they, along with swimming pools, etc. would not be in the base game. I imagine if they had the game would not have sold nearly as much as it has, because if I'd know toddlers weren't in the Sims 4 I probably wouldn't have pre-ordered it. I would have waited for them to add toddlers.
    As it happens the game looked appealing, in the trailer they had the vehilces driving up the roads, a tram and I thought that it looked like a good game to replace the Sims 3. Which indeed it is, I love the Sims 4 but for me the lack of toddlers and family play can make it boring sometimes! But on the other hand the Sims 4 for me has improved over time what with the new packs it has gotten :)

I know some people get fed up of hearing about toddlers and the Sims 4 but as Sparkfairy said, we paid money for this game and we expect toddlers to be added. Yes Ea didn't say that toddlers would be in the base game of the Sims 4, but I remember a lot of people being excited for toddlers and the new emotions system - yet Ea did not step in and say "Oh sorry, toddlers won't be in the base game". So that makes me quite upset because for someone like me having toddlers in the game was something I was looking forward to the most :)
    I was also looking forward to open world and far more which we did not get.

However there is no point in being bitter about this because I am still very sure that toddlers will be added back to the game this year and I'm looking forward to that :) I definitely feel that the Sims 4 is a step down from the Sims 3, but in its own right it is a great game and if the survey is anything to go by then hopefully the future of the Sims 4 will bring us toddlers, vehicles and lots more, including a heroes and villains pack which I like the sound of :)

I don't hold a grudge with Ea or with people who don't like the Sims 4, but I did expect more from the Sims 4 than we've got at the moment. And I don't see a prolem with people asking fot toddlers either. It's just like Sparkfairy said, we're basically asking for a feature which isn't in the game yet, like asking for supernaturals or for Seasons :) there isn't really a difference. They're all features :)

For me it's slowly getting better and better per pack but I think it still has a long way to go yet... :)
    I mainly look forward to getting toddlers back and also seeing what 2016 holds for the Sims 4.

Matthew.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I don't personally miss toddlers but I can see why others might. Even though I don't miss actually playing them, something just doesn't sit quite right for me to see a child jump out of a bassinet. I've tried using my imagination but I find it difficult to push it that far. No matter what I do, my brain has problems accepting seeing a baby turn instantly into a grown child.

I've seen it mentioned that toddlers were annoying because they cried just about everywhere in the whole of the open world in Sims 3. A possible solution could have been to stop the toddlers crying while they were away from the house, rather than obliterate them altogether in Sims 4.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I am one of those players who happens to be of the opinion that toddlers will never be added back into this game, simply because it's a lot easier for EA not to add them in, plus the lack of toddlers doesn't seem to have had a significant impact on the sales of this game, despite what some players believe.

And, if the purpose of this thread is to ensure that there will be a Sims 5, and it is meant to offer feedback to the developers for the Sims 5, it falls far short of its intention. All it's done is create bad feelings because of the position of the OP that toddlers aren't needed in The Sims 4 and that they wouldn't fit into the game, so stop asking for them...and to add insult to injury that person doesn't even own the game, so what investment has that person in this game? Nothing. It's like a person looking into a bakery window, watching the baker decorate a wedding cake and trying to tell the decorator that they don't need to add that particular decoration to the cake because it's useless...and they're not even buying the cake. Pretty self-righteous, if you ask me.

I don't think toddlers will ever be added to the game. I don't expect it this year, or the next, or ever. But I also don't think that players should stop asking or hoping for them to be added to this game. As for The Sims 5, I'm not holding my breath. Maxis is now under EA Mobile. To me, that says that any further iterations of The Sims will be aimed towards the mobile or the tablet market, where there's far more money to be made. (Of course, this won't be the first time EA's been wrong, nor will it be the last).
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I am one of those players who happens to be of the opinion that toddlers will never be added back into this game, simply because it's a lot easier for EA not to add them in, plus the lack of toddlers doesn't seem to have had a significant impact on the sales of this game, despite what some players believe.

And, if the purpose of this thread is to ensure that there will be a Sims 5, and it is meant to offer feedback to the developers for the Sims 5, it falls far short of its intention. All it's done is create bad feelings because of the position of the OP that toddlers aren't needed in The Sims 4 and that they wouldn't fit into the game, so stop asking for them...and to add insult to injury that person doesn't even own the game, so what investment has that person in this game? Nothing. It's like a person looking into a bakery window, watching the baker decorate a wedding cake and trying to tell the decorator that they don't need to add that particular decoration to the cake because it's useless...and they're not even buying the cake. Pretty self-righteous, if you ask me.

I don't think toddlers will ever be added to the game. I don't expect it this year, or the next, or ever. But I also don't think that players should stop asking or hoping for them to be added to this game. As for The Sims 5, I'm not holding my breath. Maxis is now under EA Mobile. To me, that says that any further iterations of The Sims will be aimed towards the mobile or the tablet market, where there's far more money to be made. (Of course, this won't be the first time EA's been wrong, nor will it be the last).

I cannot play TS4 because it needs Origin to run and I refuse to have Origin and TS3 on the same PC out of principle.

However I get my old PC back next week with a new hard drive and nothing else and thus I will try TS4 free demo and then at least no one can say my opinion is not valid.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 you are missing the point there. It doesn't matter if you are invested in TS4 or not-its the assertion that just because you feel that they are unnecessary that other people shouldn't ask for them. You are more than welcome to disagree with wanting toddlers, on the game or whatever else. The point people have been trying to get you to understand is that they shouldn't need to justify to you or anyone else that they want toddlers. If they feel that way there is nothing wrong with it. And the narrative so far in this thread has been to ask anyone who wants it to justify themselves in how they feel about the game, whether they want toddlers and a lot of subjects that don't logically follow.

The bugs or issues this game have really have zero to do with the concept and feature of toddlers.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

I cannot play TS4 because it needs Origin to run and I refuse to have Origin and TS3 on the same PC out of principle.

However I get my old PC back next week with a new hard drive and nothing else and thus I will try TS4 free demo and then at least no one can say my opinion is not valid.

It's not really the same as someone who bought it at full price on release day very excited for the next iteration of the series only to then find out... all the 'missing items' and suffer a confusing sense of disappointment after a hour of play.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

It's not really the same as someone who bought it at full price on release day very excited for the next iteration of the series only to then find out... all the 'missing items' and suffer a confusing sense of disappointment after a hour of play.

No its not, totally right. To open the game and find it's worse than you were told and realise how much money you had sunk into it.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2016
    I was expecting the tots to have been patched in--just like the pools and ghosts that weren't at launch as well.

I had soooo much hope back then. I'm losing a lot of that hope at the second year of this really lacking iteration.

I do enjoy ts4 for the most part, but it feels...empty and lacking content that I want at the moment. I still play and but dlc (until they announce no toddlers next year or they stay silent about tots by beginning of next year ).

However, I'm still going to keep mentioning tots over and over, so devs will (hopefully) put them in ts5--AT LAUNCH.

I will not be shut up by anyone. :neutral:
    @king_of_simcity7 you are missing the point there. It doesn't matter if you are invested in TS4 or not-its the assertion that just because you feel that they are unnecessary that other people shouldn't ask for them. You are more than welcome to disagree with wanting toddlers, on the game or whatever else. The point people have been trying to get you to understand is that they shouldn't need to justify to you or anyone else that they want toddlers. If they feel that way there is nothing wrong with it. And the narrative so far in this thread has been to ask anyone who wants it to justify themselves in how they feel about the game, whether they want toddlers and a lot of subjects that don't logically follow.

The bugs or issues this game have really have zero to do with the concept and feature of toddlers.

Exactly!

Might as well not ask for any content whatsoever by this reasoning if this version of the sims was so bad.

Feels very patronizing, actually. I have the game and am enjoying some aspects of it--and I still want toddlers.

I will continue to ask for them until EA speaks up and says "No toddlers", or when there is no toddler announcement next spring. (The only way I can be appeased or be reassured is if EA released working restaurants, home businesses, and island [with mermaids and swimming in the ocean] content. And seasons.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    can the 4th gen game just have toddlers? I mean it's the 4th series, there is and shouldn't be a debate about this. it's a simulation game, some people like to have kids in game and raise them. let it be, age the toddler up and get over it. so simple but people just ramble, what for.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited February 2016
    Nvm..
    Post edited by meeoun on
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm pretty late to the thread, but I think it's pretty clear what OP is saying which closely relates to another thread suggesting the same thing within the feedback section; toddlers will not fix all of TS4's problems.

I agree with that entirely, there is much more to be done even with toddlers in the mix.
    I get what you're saying, but I don't think any of us who want toddlers really expect it to fix everything. We just expect it to fix no toddlers. Yep, there's lots of stuff that needs added and/or fixed. This is just one of the many. I know it sounds like I hate the game saying it that way, but I really don't. I think I want them to add toddlers and fix the numerous issues because I love the game and want to see it move forward.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I'm pretty late to the thread, but I think it's pretty clear what OP is saying which closely relates to another thread suggesting the same thing within the feedback section; toddlers will not fix all of TS4's problems.

I agree with that entirely, there is much more to be done even with toddlers in the mix.
    I get what you're saying, but I don't think any of us who want toddlers really expect it to fix everything. We just expect it to fix no toddlers. Yep, there's lots of stuff that needs added and/or fixed. This is just one of the many. I know it sounds like I hate the game saying it that way, but I really don't. I think I want them to add toddlers and fix the numerous issues because I love the game and want to see it move forward.

Its easy for the OP to ignore this, see. He's had perfectly valid responses (like yours ad the above) and doesn't acknowledge them.
    What's worse, he hasn't even PLAYED the game!
    And you'd need to play it over time to see just how bad this game is, and not just through a trial. Toddlers represent both cuts and a slap in the face to the Simmers.

Update us when you BUY the game, OP :pensive:

Its easy for the OP to ignore this, see. He's had perfectly valid responses (like yours ad the above) and doesn't acknowledge them.
    And you'd need to play it over time to see just how bad this game is, and not just through a trial. Toddlers represent both cuts and a slap in the face to the Simmers.

Oh your back? Funny how I have been ignoring people when I have been asleep for the past 8 hours!

Anyway, I don't know if you saw on GD but I am trying the free trial next week once I get my old PC back and will install Origin on it. Then we will see if TS4 really needs toddlers or not...

See you all soon o:)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Oh your back? Funny how I have been ignoring people when I have been asleep for the past 8 hours!

Anyway, I don't know if you saw on GD but I am trying the free trial next week once I get my old PC back and will install Origin on it. Then we will see if TS4 really needs toddlers or not...

In your opinion. It won't change the desire for other people just because you don't. Really that's not a hard concept. You value different things in the game.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    edited February 2016

Good on you for getting sleep and having a life? I don't see what your sleep schedule has to do with anything, but....
    I don't frequent GD, but is this a 24 hour trial? And trial for the game itself, or just CAS? Because I wouldn't doubt the possibility of it being the latter with your experience in the topic you speak of.

Lastly, I doubt anyone would take YOUR opinion on anything seriously with all this very serious and not trolling at all that you're doing.
    But you do you!

latest?cb=20130929155411

Of course we don't expect Toddlers to fix the game, who the.. and secondly it's just a game life stage what are people so uppity about. They fix the game all the time through patches some games just won't be perfect. Toddlers are just like any other thing except it changes the GAMEPLAY..
    Toddlers are these little miniature things I happen to like so, all we can do is hope for EA to get it together.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member

Good on you for getting sleep and having a life? I don't see what your sleep schedule has to do with anything, but....
    I don't frequent GD, but is this a 24 hour trial? And trial for the game itself, or just CAS? Because I wouldn't doubt the possibility of it being the latter with your experience in the topic you speak of.

Lastly, I doubt anyone would take YOUR opinion on anything seriously with all this very serious and not trolling at all that you're doing.
    But you do you!

latest?cb=20130929155411

Actually, it's a 48 hour trial, but the clock keeps running, even if you have to log off to take care of your body's needs, or have to run an errand that will take some time. And, if the purpose of this announcement is to tell us that the OP will put up his *informed* opinion as to whether or not the game needs toddlers...48 hours isn't going to be enough time for that.

However, expect another long post where the OP tells us all how the cow ate the cabbage after their experience with the free trial. It ought to be interesting, if nothing else.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!

But you do you!

latest?cb=20130929155411

Actually, it's a 48 hour trial, but the clock keeps running, even if you have to log off to take care of your body's needs, or have to run an errand that will take some time. And, if the purpose of this announcement is to tell us that the OP will put up his *informed* opinion as to whether or not the game needs toddlers...48 hours isn't going to be enough time for that.

However, expect another long post where the OP tells us all how the cow ate the cabbage after their experience with the free trial. It ought to be interesting, if nothing else.

It will be an interesting experience and I am planning it right now.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    You had asked the simmer a question and they gave it to you!
    That's messed up you would report somebody for giving you a reply to your question.

Don't worry @marcel21 -- I was more amused and expected as much from the OP, given how they tend to project themselves on the board in general.

Just nod and smile.

I appreciate the comment, though!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    can the 4th gen game just have toddlers? I mean it's the 4th series, there is and shouldn't be a debate about this. it's a simulation game, some people like to have kids in game and raise them. let it be, age the toddler up and get over it. so simple but people just ramble, what for.

Aging them up ain't a solution lol!

Its something that was always there for people who don't want to play them!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited February 2016
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    You had asked the simmer a question and they gave it to you!
    That's messed up you would report somebody for giving you a reply to your question.

Don't worry @marcel21 -- I was more amused and expected as much from the OP, given how they tend to project themselves on the board in general.

Just nod and smile.

I appreciate the comment, though!

Your welcome and agree :)

Aging them up in TS3 works well unless you don't want a random trait picked for you. Of course you can cheat around it or maybe if they have enough life time points, you can change traits but I think a better option could be provided.

If a baby ages to a toddler, maybe the player has a choice of aging up without any penalty, IE they can choose what ever trait they want or if you do want to play as a toddler and gain skills, those can benefit the Sim later in life, either through gaining skills or socialising/ I suggested this in one of my TS5 ideas threads but the thread never took off.

In fact you could do this with most life stages, no penalty for instant ageing but benefits for those who prolong an age stage therefore both sides could be happy?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited February 2016

Aging them up in TS3 works well unless you don't want a random trait picked for you. Of course you can cheat around it or maybe if they have enough life time points, you can change traits but I think a better option could be provided.

If a baby ages to a toddler, maybe the player has a choice of aging up without any penalty, IE they can choose what ever trait they want or if you do want to play as a toddler and gain skills, those can benefit the Sim later in life, either through gaining skills or socialising/ I suggested this in one of my TS5 ideas threads but the thread never took off.

In fact you could do this with most life stages, no penalty for instant ageing but benefits for those who prolong an age stage therefore both sides could be happy?

All you have to do is put a sim n create a sim to change a trait

Have you never for once downloaded a sim of any age you like of another Simmers creation and hated the traits? But you can change them in less than a minute!

Sorry but that's a silly thing for me to worry about when it can easily be fixed with a cheat then in CAS lol!

Cheats are there for that reason!