Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you guys sure that you really want toddlers?

Comments

• foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Op doesnt seem to me a troll . Since i am a famous plumposter and not insulting troll i can notice it.

Ontopic: The things that annoys me about the whole toddler thing is that EA doesnt say anything is silent. A short NO or YES could make everyone happy.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    Op doesnt seem to me a troll . Since i am a famous plumposter and not insulting troll i can notice it.

Ontopic: The things that annoys me about the whole toddler thing is that EA doesnt say anything is silent. A short NO or YES could make everyone happy.

Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'm pretty late to the thread, but I think it's pretty clear what OP is saying which closely relates to another thread suggesting the same thing within the feedback section; toddlers will not fix all of TS4's problems.

I agree with that entirely, there is much more to be done even with toddlers in the mix.
  • Raddish4Raddish4 Posts: 54 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I no longer care about toddlers, too little too late. However, I will not play a family again in this game ever, until they make the baby (nine months old) Stop turning into a nine year old child. If you played this game you would know how overwhelming that is. And no one even runs over to cheer and use those party whistles etc. There isn't even a birthday where everyone wants to grab the baby and help with birthday like in TS2 or TS3. The baby is just stuck to the crib then blast it way through into a kid I would say looks to be about ten years old. WTH? How is that immersion? What the heck happened to the last ten years but mom and dad aren't any older?

Seriously, it's not only the missing game play it's the fact they think long time players can swallow this lack of attention to detail and be happy with it. It's the fact they 'knew' from their own forums this was a very important life stage to everyone. Yes, some people don't like toddlers (play them) but I bet they don't actually like that jarring BAM 'you are now a ten year old kid' effect, either. As long as they could age up shortly with a cheat or an option to age to birthday.

It's a matter of principle on what was said, what has since been said and what isn't happening. But the number one answer from me is LIFE SIMULTATOR>>>immersion!

I agree with everything pretty much except that in my mind it's not a tiny detail that's lacking.

Instead, it's a huge chunk of game.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    It's not that relevant to me because I'm not a big family simmer.. and even when I do create families I usually skip over the toddler part because they're a lot of work. I just work from children up. However, it's definitely a big omission and it was nice to see other toddlers in the game as it created a sense of realism.. I mean, 'toddlerhood' is a big stage of a person's life - it's when you learn the basics of everything in life - walking and talking!
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    To the OP:

I went back and skimmed over your original post and the impression I got is that you're straddling both sides of the fence. In other words, you're trying really hard to play neutral on this, but I'm sorry, you're coming across as anything but. I'm told you don't even have this game. That being the case, why come here and stir the pot? And then get offended because you're getting called on it by other players?

Can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen, but I'm going to remind you that you don't own this thread, even though you're the one that started it. Telling people to stay off *your* thread makes it seem like you lack the maturity to be unbiased and neutral...as does thanking people who mostly agree with you and defend you for their fair reply.

And by the way....I very rarely tell anyone that I've reported them. I just report them. When someone tells me I've been reported, I tend to shrug my shoulders, say "meh" and "knock yourself out". Seriously.

People want toddlers. I think it's ridiculous to go around asking them if they're *sure* they want toddlers, and then going around trying to make the case why they shouldn't be in the game at all...and not expect to get blowback. After all....the words "I'm not trying to start a fight" were a clue that's what you expected to see.

What has this reply got to do with the thread though, other than the fact you don't approve on the thread? This isn't the first time this week I have seen you come into threads and attack an OP rather than contributing to the discussion, thus derailing the thread into a flame war.

Not needed what so ever
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited February 2016
    To the OP:

I went back and skimmed over your original post and the impression I got is that you're straddling both sides of the fence. In other words, you're trying really hard to play neutral on this, but I'm sorry, you're coming across as anything but. I'm told you don't even have this game. That being the case, why come here and stir the pot? And then get offended because you're getting called on it by other players?

Can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen, but I'm going to remind you that you don't own this thread, even though you're the one that started it. Telling people to stay off *your* thread makes it seem like you lack the maturity to be unbiased and neutral...as does thanking people who mostly agree with you and defend you for their fair reply.

And by the way....I very rarely tell anyone that I've reported them. I just report them. When someone tells me I've been reported, I tend to shrug my shoulders, say "meh" and "knock yourself out". Seriously.

People want toddlers. I think it's ridiculous to go around asking them if they're *sure* they want toddlers, and then going around trying to make the case why they shouldn't be in the game at all...and not expect to get blowback. After all....the words "I'm not trying to start a fight" were a clue that's what you expected to see.

What has this reply got to do with the thread though, other than the fact you don't approve on the thread? This isn't the first time this week I have seen you come into threads and attack an OP rather than contributing to the discussion, thus derailing the thread into a flame war.

Not needed what so ever

Uuurrrgghhh, dude, you are SO frustrating. I'm seriously kicking myself for even coming on your silly thread but I just cannot help it.

Did you even READ @Jarsie9 's comment? She LITERALLY tells you how her comment is relevant to this thread. It's even directed at your OP and the actions you have shown through out the comments...

I just... *bangs head against wall*

--T

P.S: And yes, I do expect some id.io.t.ic reply to which to ask me why I'm still here, yada, yada... I don't know why I bother.
    To7m wrote: »
    To the OP:

Not needed what so ever

Uuurrrgghhh, dude, you are SO frustrating. I'm seriously kicking myself for even coming on your silly thread but I just cannot help it.

Did you even READ @Jarsie9 's comment? She LITERALLY tells you how her comment is relevant to this thread. It's even directed at your OP and the actions you have shown through out the comments...

--T

P.S: And yes, I do expect some id.io.t.ic reply to which to ask me why I'm still here, yada, yada... I don't know why I bother.

I might as well send you the same reply as above.

What is the point? This is the 5th time in over a week you have come into this thread to attack me and for what exactly? To remind me that you don't like my thread? I think I got the hint of that the first time.

Again, not needed what so ever :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    To the OP:

Not needed what so ever

--T

What do we say about heads on the wall, thats not a good behavior for eating.

Dont kick yourself, your hurting your cells.

Ontopic: We are all running in a circle. As long someone doesnt takes something new in the toddler discussion the cycle will never end.
    Instead of talking about the generall.

Dud anybody of you ever thought if the engine will handle it

PS: You are a troll , i can smell it with my hair
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Yeah I was wondering that too. can the Sims 4 engine even do toddlers? There had to be a reason of some sort why we did not get them and other things from the very start.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    To the OP:

Not needed what so ever

--T

What do we say about heads on the wall, thats not a good behavior for eating.

Dont kick yourself, your hurting your cells.

Ontopic: We are all running in a circle. As long someone doesnt takes something new in the toddler discussion the cycle will never end.
    Instead of talking about the generall.

Dud anybody of you ever thought if the engine will handle it

PS: You are a troll , i can smell it with my hair

If you can smell your hair; then I would advise you to wash it.

Also, @king_of_simcity7 not once did I say I did not like this thread but if you truely are just going to play dense then I think it wise I comment no further because I will most definitely say something I'll regret later. You have the honour of taking the first spot on my ignore list :)

Congrats!

--T
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Yeah I was wondering that too. can the Sims 4 engine even do toddlers? There had to be a reason of some sort why we did not get them and other things from the very start.

We didn't have pools at the start; and they were able to create them and patch them in with the engine. (o: Just honestly, as much as I hate it.. we just have to wait and see. Holding onto hope... but it's a struggle, I tell ya. :'(.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    Let's see..

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/859735/when-will-young-adults-actually-be-yas-and-not-big-kids-as-they-are-sold-as-now#latest
    - A thread started about GT, stating you want to see less 'outright' partying and more just socializing -- when explained your ideas can come to fruition with the GT EP, it was blown off with a 'well I can do that with TS3'. Also wanted to complain about bush woohoo in a game you don't even own or have ever played.. again. So why start the thread?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860137/will-neighbourhood-editing-ever-be-an-option/p1
    - A thread starting and stating within it, the 'TS4 players get nothing.' And then further derogatory comments regarding the development team, pretty much every comment after.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/864035/was-the-sims-a-victim-of-its-own-success/p1
    - A thread started about the expectations of players now compared to what we have come from (since TS1) - even though in the previous thread, you were just slamming the development team for not adding in specific features.

These are just a few of the ones I have access to.. it would seem they cut off after a specific date.

By all means -- despite not having ever even tried the game, give it a good bash. Try to set everyone against one another by starting these topics by saying one thing during this discussion, and then something different during another.. but at least own up to it.

Have you got anything better to do that to derail my thread and try and dig through my old threads to catch me out? I have reported you BTW and I will not respond to you any longer.

You had asked the simmer a question and they gave it to you!
    That's messed up you would report somebody for giving you a reply to your question.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Let's see..

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/859735/when-will-young-adults-actually-be-yas-and-not-big-kids-as-they-are-sold-as-now#latest
    - A thread started about GT, stating you want to see less 'outright' partying and more just socializing -- when explained your ideas can come to fruition with the GT EP, it was blown off with a 'well I can do that with TS3'. Also wanted to complain about bush woohoo in a game you don't even own or have ever played.. again. So why start the thread?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860137/will-neighbourhood-editing-ever-be-an-option/p1
    - A thread starting and stating within it, the 'TS4 players get nothing.' And then further derogatory comments regarding the development team, pretty much every comment after.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/864035/was-the-sims-a-victim-of-its-own-success/p1
    - A thread started about the expectations of players now compared to what we have come from (since TS1) - even though in the previous thread, you were just slamming the development team for not adding in specific features.

These are just a few of the ones I have access to.. it would seem they cut off after a specific date.

By all means -- despite not having ever even tried the game, give it a good bash. Try to set everyone against one another by starting these topics by saying one thing during this discussion, and then something different during another.. but at least own up to it.

Have you got anything better to do that to derail my thread and try and dig through my old threads to catch me out? I have reported you BTW and I will not rwrong hered to you any longer.

You asked me where, so I told you where. :)

You did nothing wrong here!
    I'm still shocked by them reporting you for replying to them :o

@SoapSuds Good reply :smile:

@To7m I am aware that they are crucial to some, but I do fear that if they where to arrive, as I said earlier, they may disappoint players when they realise that there are other aspects holding them back from enjoying the game. I cannot speak for everyone but I am sure that the devs have thought about this and although I don't agree on the silence on the matter, at the same time I do think there is a valid point for them not adding toddlers yet, however what ever that point is, they do not wish to tell players which of course only adds to the argument. Nether less I thank you for your fair feedback :smile:

One thing I will say about toddlers or any age group we have. everybody can skip the ones they don't like. So people who don't want them don't have use them.

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2016

To answer OP and to get back on topic:

Toddlers can't do much. You mean, they can't do adult stuff??!!!

Well, neither can babies. Neither can preteens and even (early) teens in some aspects...

And, yes, toddlers should have been base game content by this point in the series. (Why go backwards in some features?)

For me, toddlers are key.

All types of simmers want all kinds of content (ie. Supernaturals, restaurants, firefighters, robbers, etc). Should EA/devs just not release any content at all? I mean, the game is supposedly soooo broken.

Maybe no one should ask for any content whatsoever. (And provide no feedback on future content, etc.)

If players who want toddlers are going to be told to shu t up because the game is too broken to handle toddlers, then we toddler players should tell other people to stop asking for other content as well (like supernatural a or pets, etc), since the game is sooo broken.

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member

Not needed what so ever

I analyzed your thread and your motives for presenting this topic in the first place. What's to contribute to? I've seen others come in and state that they disagree with you, and you've been pretty dismissive with them, as well. As far as I can tell, the only people whom you deem "fair" are those who generally agree with you...or at least don't call you on your pot-stirring.

I'm not going to start censoring my replies to spare your feelings. You started this topic to stir the pot; congratulations, you got what you wanted. This, coming from someone who doesn't even own the game, is pretty impressive. But hey, if you choose to report me for insulting you, just go right ahead. Knock yourself out.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    Ehh guys as long somebody ALWAYS mentions the OP we will never get out of the toddler➡OP➡opinion cycle

Ok its my turn to say something.
    Well i mentioned that about the engine. Well they would probably need to change the coding of the game because problems would appear and coding can take very long.
    Its like giving war of warcraft a bit better graphic but the graphic isnt coded in.
    Then we also take the fact about doing the animation for toddlers would take long. Since i worked with the program miku miku danxe it can take a nearly 1 day to make 6 min scene with a 3D- puppet.

Well as long EA doesnt plums that up we have HOPE

STAY DETERMINATED
    edited February 2016
    I disagree OP!

Yes we should have toddlers in the game and it will benifit players who wanted them since the sims 4 game out.
    As far as im concerned we only have three proper life stages in this game.
    Child and young adult and elder.
    We lost more than toddlers.

We lost newborns. Proper teens as well.

One of the things I was shocked about them messing up the life stages and lack of real family play is a lot of fans who spend huge amounts of money on the past games and online store were family play summers lol!

All those simmers that buy so much content with the store that loved family play including myself got a slap in the face :smile:

We had more family play users than I think they realised.

Having it fixed now won't fix the games other problems but that's no reason for them not to do it!

Ehh guys as long somebody ALWAYS mentions the OP we will never get out of the toddler➡OP➡opinion cycle

Ok its my turn to say something.
    Well i mentioned that about the engine. Well they would probably need to change the coding of the game because problems would appear and coding can take very long.
    Its like giving war of warcraft a bit better graphic but the graphic isnt coded in.
    Then we also take the fact about doing the animation for toddlers would take long. Since i worked with the program miku miku danxe it can take a nearly 1 day to make 6 min scene with a 3D- puppet.

Well as long EA doesnt plums that up we have HOPE

STAY DETERMINATED

Thanks for the reply :smile:

I think that your quite spot on, I think it would take months for them to get even the basics of toddlers done so while you have a lot of players asking for a fleshed out addition of toddlers, what they could be asking for is sonething which would take a long time for the devs to make and as you said the game engine would need to adjust to it as well.

As of yet no Sims game has ever had a new life stage added to it so is it even possible to add any new ones at this stage?

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I disagree OP!

Yes we should have toddlers in the game and it will benifit players who wanted them since the sims 4 game out.

One of the things I was shocked about them messing up the life stages and lack of real family play is a lot of fans who spend huge amounts of money on the past games and online store were family play summers lol!

All those simmers that buy so much content with the store that loved family play including myself got a slap in the face :smile:

Having it fixed now won't fix the games other problems but that's no reason for them not to do it!

I do agree with a lot of your points but personally I am looking further into the future for TS5 :smile:

I think that lessons have been learnt by now and by TS5 we will see a big change in attitude.

Why expect things to be half done now when if we actually wait a few years we could see things done properly?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I disagree OP!

I do agree with a lot of your points but personally I am looking further into the future for TS5 :smile:

I think that lessons have been learnt by now and by TS5 we will see a big change in attitude.

Why expect things to be half done now when if we actually wait a few years we could see things done properly?

Because a lot of us paid a lot of money for TS4 now or over a year ago. It's okay for people like you who didn't buy (because youve got nothing to lose) but there are plenty of us who invested in a premium game who didn't get a premium quality game.

It's easy when you have nothing invested in something to tell other people to just 'move on' but when you've got a stake in the future of the game because you paid a lot of money please explain how asking for toddlers is any different than the other requests these forums see every single day?

Your logic just doesn't follow. Toddlers aren't connected to any of your other features and issues you mention in any way shape or form. If people aren't 'allowed' to give feedback on a game when they've invested in it just because they aren't happy yet then Maxis would get a very skewed view of what the sims means to people and what everyone is looking for in it.

That approach would mean sims 5 would also miss key stages and other features if they deem it's 'okay' because the people playing TS4 who like the game didn't care for those features so why spend the money developing those features next time!

100% agree with this! :)

Matthew.