The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited February 2016
    @KatyJay88 It's probably because he follows me, unless he unfollowed he always sees my tweets whether harsh or nice :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Well, I still have my... Reservations. :lol:
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    If the Game Pack is to be released two weeks after the official announcement. Then this official announcement that there won't be an announcement for the Pack this week is a sure indication that the Pack won't be released in the next two weeks. :|
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    If the Game Pack is to be released two weeks after the official announcement. Then this official announcement that there won't be an announcement for the Pack this week is a sure indication that the Pack won't be released in the next two weeks. :|

Well next tuesday is 1st march, so maybe 2 weeks after it is 14 march. Would make more sense for marketing to start on an exact number of the month. February is always weird, with 27-28 :P
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Ahhhh! Restaurant puns....I could just eat'em up.
  • aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    I really wish they could tell us something. I feel like all we do is wait.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I just wish they gave a little something, like a picture of new recipes or a small clip from a render.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Ahhhh! Restaurant puns....I could just eat'em up.

Yeah? Well, you can send them back because they're undeniably undercooked!

You've just been served.

(God help me; I'm stuck in pun mode...)
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    @KatyJay88 It's probably because he follows me, unless he unfollowed he always sees my tweets whether harsh or nice :D

haha nice. That's awesome that he does though! :smile:
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    Gurus aren't going to tell us jack crap even if they did know something that's the way it works.It's always I can't confirm this or I can't confirm that for all way know the pack isn't coming till the summer .Since when is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a cuss word good grief

Atleast she didn't say it isn't coming next week.

True but I'm not holding my breath hoping it is
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

Well next tuesday is 1st march, so maybe 2 weeks after it is 14 march. Would make more sense for marketing to start on an exact number of the month. February is always weird, with 27-28 :P
    Yeah, but there's just one problem with numbers. And problem is that February this year has 29 days; and not 28 days. So this year is a leap year. I think that since it's a leap year, that maybe that's why it's taking so long for them to make the official announcement on the next Pack.

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I don't know if a GP would do restaurants justice. Spa day was nice, but we still couldn't own one, or become a yoga instructor or any of those types of things. And the equipment was the same across the board.

I want to be able to have diverse restaurants from 5 star elegance with a piano bar, to a sports bar and grill, to a family diner. I want to be able to own it, and run it, and be able to select the staff (entertainment, mixologist, chef) etc.

And I want to be able to see the owner sim when I send different sims there. And I still have hope that they will fix that for the retail shops.

They messed up with spa day not having a career in it the same way with bakery's and now cafes :'(
    We could of had quite a few new active careers with them.

They could still do a few places to eat with the different styles but with the key items and gameplay needed like

Host
    Server
    Chef
    cleaner
    I just worry they will completely mess up again by not being able to work in them or own and running them. As they could of done this with cafes and yoga .entertainment or mixologist

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    As a family player, I'm hoping it's not restaurants yet. If they do add restaurants, I'd want to be able to take toddlers out and sit them on cute high chairs at diners. But it's just one person's opinion, it doesn't matter I guess. I haven't bought any sim game since Spa Day or even played it at all.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    As a family player, I'm hoping it's not restaurants yet. If they do add restaurants, I'd want to be able to take toddlers out and sit them on cute high chairs at diners. But it's just one person's opinion, it doesn't matter I guess. I haven't bought any sim game since Spa Day or even played it at all.

So why can't they add toddlers and high chairs afterwards? They would be tied to dining tables in general, not just restaurants.

• agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »

So why can't they add toddlers and high chairs afterwards? They would be tied to dining tables in general, not just restaurants.

I sure hope so, it's more the list of things they have to allow toddlers to do if they add them just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It just seems very unlikely that toddlers will come out at this rate of new dlcs.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited February 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    On the french twitter, they said it was a simmer creation

Thanks, @Neia.

Seriously. What is EA supposed to do, announce here every day that they don't have an announcement today?

Of course you're right but I was hoping she would drop by and nip it in the bud.

And then it'll start again next week. And "soon" could still be several weeks away. People seriously need to calm down and especially to stop harassing the developers for more hints. Why should they ever give us any every again if it's just going to turn into this?

I at the least suspect that "soon" will end up on some list of banned words, since it gets taken to mean "OMG NOW".

Anyway, I think I'm going to take a loooong break from General Discussion now.

That was so uncalled for. SimGurus are SimGurus to share news and hints with the community.

Anyways, a restaurant GP would be something I'll definitely buy.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »

Thanks, @Neia.

Seriously. What is EA supposed to do, announce here every day that they don't have an announcement today?

Of course you're right but I was hoping she would drop by and nip it in the bud.

And then it'll start again next week. And "soon" could still be several weeks away. People seriously need to calm down and especially to stop harassing the developers for more hints. Why should they ever give us any every again if it's just going to turn into this?

I at the least suspect that "soon" will end up on some list of banned words, since it gets taken to mean "OMG NOW".

That was so uncalled for. SimGurus are SimGurus to share news and hints with the community.

Anyways, I have a good feeling for an announcement today. A restaurant GP would be something I'll definitely buy.

SimGuruDrake did respond and say no announcement this week.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »

Thanks, @Neia.

Anyways, I have a good feeling for an announcement today. A restaurant GP would be something I'll definitely buy.

SimGuruDrake did respond and say no announcement this week.

I saw that two seconds before you responded to my post XD I'm glad she at least didn't wait until today to tell us that. I have to save for a new GP anyway from now on, but I would love to finally be part of an all I'm-so-excited-thread for a TS4-release from the start for the first time lol
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    If not today, I think @Simgurudrake would have said by now. I hope she doesn't pop in soon xD

Or I could have been in meetings until now :) As for the answer no one wants to hear:
    tumblr_ndn5f88TLg1ti1hreo1_500.gif

No for today? Or no for this whole week?

I can confirm that we will not be making an announcement this week.

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/nooooooo_elf.gif[/img]
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    This announcement is taking long.
    I just hope the wait is worth it.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member

• Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    So do you think it will come next month or not?
    Aussie_Simmer

I hope so :)
    giphy.gif
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member

I hope so :)

Me too!!! :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top